2006 Cadillac DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 Cadillac DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Cadillac DTS by Alex Law, Auto123 Not too long after Cadillac rolls out the new STS model for international consumption ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

2006 Cadillac DTS

Cadillac DTS
    by Alex Law, Auto123

Not too long after Cadillac rolls out the new STS model for international consumption this year, GM's premiere luxury division will roll out a 2006 DTS for its North American consumers, replacing the current Deville.

This move puts paid to the rumor that the large luxury sedan segment is about to disappear. While the segment is certainly shrinking along with the size of its buyer base, it's still a highly profitable segment, of which Cadillac owns the biggest share.

Cadillac general manager Mark LaNeve says ''we have no intention of abandoning this segment or its customers. In fact, we're investing in it.''

That will involve a new look, LaNeve promises, one that ''will bring the styling of this legendary nameplate more in line with the Cadillac design language, along with significant enhancements to the interior.''

With this evolution of Deville to DTS, LaNeve hopes to give potential buyers a clear connection with the hottest brand look in the industry today while not futzing with the packaging that they like so much.

As a result, LaNeve hopes, the DTS will likely still be Cadillac's number-one selling product line for at least a few years.

LaNeve also promises to keep the other North American Cadillac -- the Escalade -- as current as possible.

''Escalade had its best year yet in 2003 and was number one in its segment.'' LaNeve says. ''We intend to keep it that way by bringing out new variants and refreshing that line to maintain the cachet it has achieved as the most powerful, most aspirational product of its kind.''

To capitalize on that growth, Cadillac's approach has been to bring out a new Escalade variant each year, since that helps to keep the brand fresh and build incremental sales.

''With the introduction of the ESV Platinum in the first quarter of this year,'' LaNeve said, ''we look to continue to be the market leader in this segment.''

In Canada, the ESV Platinum will retail for $96,500, and that does not include freight or taxes.

The ESV Platinum has the first application of 20-inch wheels and tires in the segment by a manufacturer (that and bigger are common on the aftermarket), along with heated and cooled seats and the industry's first heated and cooled cup holders.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2006 Cadillac DTS

My dad will be upset that his style DTS won't last much longer LOL! That's a good site Sal, it made it onto my favorites.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Thanks.. There's plenty of automotive news to read about there...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

what's in the escalade esv platinum edition? When are they going to put 500hp v12 in the trucks?

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    what's in the escalade esv platinum edition? When are they going to put 500hp v12 in the trucks?
    Follow the link for Platinum info:

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...?model=esvplat

And in answer to your second question:

http://www.autoweek.com/search/searc...82773&record=4

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

"The ESV Platinum has the first application of 20-inch wheels and tires in the segment by a manufacturer "

dodge ram did it first but maybe they mean urban SUV segment

seems a waste of money to me , the whole reason they put "dubs ", "double deuces" , twenty fo em up is to get a invidivial look , not something that they might see sitting next to them at a stoplight

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    "The ESV Platinum has the first application of 20-inch wheels and tires in the segment by a manufacturer "

dodge ram did it first but maybe they mean urban SUV segment

seems a waste of money to me , the whole reason they put "dubs ", "double deuces" , twenty fo em up is to get a invidivial look , not something that they might see sitting next to them at a stoplight
    Yea and on top of that, if I did want them, I wouldnt want to have to pony up for, or deal with the hulk and rediculousness of the ESV. The Tahoe sized Escalade will always be the best IMO, and the ESV is more targeted toward a specialty audience who needs the extra space and probably DOESNT want a bling bling-a-thon to go along with it.

In addition, I think a 12 in the Escalade is kind of rediculous, an ultra output, torque rich V10 like the SRT10's application would probably be a little smarter for a truck. V12's are typically very high maintenance engines, and are also best suited for performance sports or luxury car applications. A V12 in the STS for example, as similarly available in its 760Li and S600 segment counterparts would make alot more sense and draw a much wider customer base who is ALREADY used to that size engine in that kind of car. Just a tune-up for a V12 can run into the 500-600.00 range easily, especially when youve got fun things like Platinum Tipped Spark plugs to deal with. Well see how this all turns out.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Yea and on top of that, if I did want them, I wouldnt want to have to pony up for, or deal with the hulk and rediculousness of the ESV. The Tahoe sized Escalade will always be the best IMO, and the ESV is more targeted toward a specialty audience who needs the extra space and probably DOESNT want a bling bling-a-thon to go along with it.

In addition, I think a 12 in the Escalade is kind of rediculous, an ultra output, torque rich V10 like the SRT10's application would probably be a little smarter for a truck. V12's are typically very high maintenance engines, and are also best suited for performance sports or luxury car applications. A V12 in the STS for example, as similarly available in its 760Li and S600 segment counterparts would make alot more sense and draw a much wider customer base who is ALREADY used to that size engine in that kind of car. Just a tune-up for a V12 can run into the 500-600.00 range easily, especially when youve got fun things like Platinum Tipped Spark plugs to deal with. Well see how this all turns out.
    well they already have the v12 based on northstar v8 from the cien concept ready for deployment. If they were to go with v10 route, then they are going to have to take more time to develop the engine since it's not in any of gm products currently

ammca66564 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wow, a V12 Escalade.

Does it come with an oil refinery of its own? Maybe one you could tow behind the behmoth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.