Official 2007 DTS Changes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Official 2007 DTS Changes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; They finally updated the GM ordering guide, and here's the changes for the '07 DTS: Deletions Exterior color (15U) Light ...
    caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Official 2007 DTS Changes

They finally updated the GM ordering guide, and here's the changes for the '07 DTS:

Deletions
    Exterior color (15U) Light Cashmere
    Exterior color (68U) Blue Ice
    Interior color (152/153/154) Shale
    Interior color (332/333/334) Very Dark Cashmere
    (PZ3) 18" machined-finish wheels

New Features
    Exterior color (14U) Mystic Gray

Exterior color (51U) Gold Mist

Exterior color (54U) Cognac Frost. Available at extra charge. Not available at start of production.

Interior color (395) Cocoa with Cashmere interior accents

Interior color (405) Cocoa with Shale interior accents

Interior color (392/393/394) Cashmere
    Interior color (402/403/404) Shale

Changes
    All wheel center caps change to full-color Wreath & Crest.
    (P31) 18" chrome wheels now standard on 1SE
    Click on the blue links to change image

Wheels
    N80
    Wheels, 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) chrome aluminum

PA2
    Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) chrome aluminum

PFF
    Wheels, 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) machined-finish aluminum with painted accents

P31
    Wheels, 18" x 7.5" (45.6 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome aluminum

ADI Available (Dealer-Installed)
    KD381, 18 inch Wheel - KD381 Chrome

ADI Available (Dealer-Installed)
    KF480, 18 inch Wheel - KF480 Chrome

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

longislander is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS4 3.6 Luxury Radiant Silver/Twilight Blue

Re: Official 2007 DTS Changes

Thanks for the great info, Caddycruiser. One question for you, please...how do you get the color samples ? I looked at the Ordering Guide but couldn't find them. Thanks again.

Click on the "New for 2007" link, then on that pop-up, click each highlighted color and when the image comes up, right click that and copy the listed link for the pic...then come here, or wherever, and paste that link using the image commands.

carnutpa is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hopefully, someone (or Cadillac) will make a digital clock that will just pop into the spot where the analog clock is or add a digital clock to the radio / nav display. It just seems to me that from where the driver sits, where your eyes are, to look at that analog clock while driving and be able to quickly tell what time it is very difficult. I am in business and I pay very close attention to time. I find myself looking at the clock often while driving. I can glance at my digital clock in my 2002 DeVille DTS in an instant and see exactly what time it is. I can't do that with the clock on the 2006 DTS and that would frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by carnutpa
    Hopefully, someone (or Cadillac) will make a digital clock that will just pop into the spot where the analog clock is or add a digital clock to the radio / nav display. It just seems to me that from where the driver sits, where your eyes are, to look at that analog clock while driving and be able to quickly tell what time it is very difficult. I am in business and I pay very close attention to time. I find myself looking at the clock often while driving. I can glance at my digital clock in my 2002 DeVille DTS in an instant and see exactly what time it is. I can't do that with the clock on the 2006 DTS and that would frustrate me.
    You mean there isn't one on the radio/Nav?? That's just strange, coming from GM...I thought they always put them in there.

carnutpa is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Someone on the Edmunds.com board said that the radio can be re-programmed (doesn't come this way) to display a clock. Others say that there is no way a digital clock can be displayed. But, if you have the NAV system (which I want), there is no option to display a digital clock. In my opinion, this was a huge mistake by Cadillac. It's 2006, not 1906. Also, the analog clock tilts back towards the windshield and reflects light which makes seeing it even worse. If they are trying to lure younger buyers (which I am), then they need to put in a digital clock.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I dont use a digital clock anymore. I like how analog clocks create a feeling of time elapsed/remaining. Love the black one in the Q.

rekcsk@cox.net is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2007 DTS-How will the interior color combination be with the new color (405) Cocoa with Shale Accents? Seats, Dash, Floor Carpetes? Most of the 2006 DTS have to light of floor carpetes! Any idea when this information will hit the showrooms?

jim132 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone know when the 2007's will be in the showrooms? I'm thinking of the 06 DTS but maybe it would be worth waiting for the 07's. Thoughts. Any major changes between the two years?
    Any help would be appriciated

Jim

airliner is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am looking at a replacement 2007 DTS for the one GM repurchased. The car arrived at the dealership this week, and I am driving it for a few days before commitment. The car is a Luxury II with bench seat and is the same as the Luxury III I had before. I notice that Cadillac stated there would be color logos in the center of the wheels, but all the ones at the dealership are still nickel/chrome - no color. They also touted a new key fob exclusive to Cadillac which looks very sleek in the pics, but the key fob for this car is the same as last year. Anyone know anything about these items? They did change the dial on the analog clocki.

The center caps should be different, so that's odd that they aren't--might be a late intro.

As for the key fob, Edmunds.com recently had an article that mentioned the new Cadillac fob, but none of the models use it yet, even though it's stated as a new '07 feature for some. Apparently the STS, DTS, XLR, and SRX should be the first to have it, but none do at the current time, so I'll assume it's another late intro item.

Matt H is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree the analog clock is positioned wrong and difficult to read. There should also be a digital clock on on the nav screen but it isn't there. The analog clock isn't even an atomic clock. I'm disappointed

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

In a few years when I need a new daily, I'm getting one of these and painting it Western Saddle Firemist. Maybe with a dark brown cloth top. Whada 'ya think?

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

You know how sometimes your eyes and your brain have a disconnect? I read the above as "Western Saddle Feminist" and boy, I was going to wait to see what that looked like...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.