DTS owners show us your ride!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree275Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much ...
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

DTS owners show us your ride!

Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

edcarp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: DTS owners check in!

I just bought a DTS two weeks ago. It's the luxury III package with DVD Navigation, Sunroof & Adaptive Cruise in Titanium w/ Shale interior. I paid $53,000.
    Attached Images
    StevenE and StevenE like this.

jones850 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I've had my 2006 DTS for a month. (Titanium with Ebony inside, Luxury package III, moonroof, and DVD Navigation for $47,426 (GMS Emp. Discount). It is much smaller inside than my 1994 Concours (and I am slightly larger than I was 12 years ago) so the seat does not seem as comfortable, but I will get used to it. I ordered the bench seat, since I wanted the larger (longer) middle arm rest and more floor space. They say the bucket seat is much more comfortable and can have a higher grade of leather put on it. (I really did not get any additional floor space out of the deal since I leave the drink holder down all of the time.)

But hey, what I really want to let you all know about is the unfortunate combination of the gear shifter on the steering column and the Navigation display screen. The view of the screen is fine when in Park, but when in Drive, the end of the gear shift handle interferes with viewing the display screen. And, when you lean over to look around the handle, if the sun is in the wrong place, the entire screen looks black -- can't win. I have only had the car for a month, so maybe I will find a work-around for this situation. And, yes, you don't need to tell me I should not be viewing the screen while driving. But sometimes, I just like to see the song title and artist -- not just the map or driving instructions.

The situation is certainly not a deal killer -- the car is a great driving car, tight but smooth. I have not had a new car since 1994, so, it will take me a while before I stop being impressed with all of the features! Wow this car is packed with fantastic feature surprises. And, oh, if you don't already know, guess where the battery is located.

JP299390 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ordered an 06 DTS five weeks ago for my wife. A LUX III, White Lightening over Ebony with NAV, split bench seat and sun roof. The vehicle arrived March 17th. My wife and I visited her new vehicle Saturday. Dealer is detailing vehicle, changing the front grill to a custom vertical bar grill with no Cadillac emblem, adding vogue white wall and gold stripe tires, painting a dual gold stipe down each side of vehicle with a small painted wreath & crest, adding a "gold kit" for emblems and badges and placing a gold wreath and crest in the center of the LUX III wheels. Dealer is also installing a gold hood ornament. We hope to pick up the vehicle late in the day on March 20th. I am a GM supplier so what I paid is not relevant, especially since the dealer is discounting the vehicle $1,000 under the GM supplier price and is doing all the upgrades at his "actual" cost.

The DTS will be our fifth Cadillac. My wive currently drives a 1999 Gold Deville and I drive an 05 XLR. I am a long time member of the XLR forum, however only joined this DTS forum today.

Hello Everyone!

Lanzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T - looking at XTS Premium

Made a deal for an 06 DTS Performance, Crimson Pearl with Ebony Tuscany. Nav, Chrome wheels, body color grill and Sunroof.

Picking it up this week - got a great deal from Martin Cadillac in NJ - and used a GM lease pull ahead to cover the last 4 payments on my 2003 Infiniti.

[[ Pic shows the chrome grill - they are swapping the body color grill back in before I pick it up. ]]

Attached Images

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

'06 DTS Luxury III, Blue Chip/Shale with navigation, rear sunshade, bucket seats here. Picked it up last Tuesday. DTS is the replacement for my lemon '05 STS V8 1SF which GM graciously repurchased from me.

dyoll is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 04 Colorado has a windshield spray before the wipers start to prevent scratches. My 06 DTS does not.
    I can't believe my $40k plus DTS has a fuel tank available to the public with prices as they are.
    The rest of the car is great!

Lanzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T - looking at XTS Premium

dyoll, I agree, great car, but those are both HUGE oversights. I cringe when the wipers go across the dry glass before the washer srays.

rekcsk@cox.net is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What is the octane rating of the fuel that is suppose to be used in the 2006 DTS? My 2005 DeVille used 87 octane, and the DTS has the same engine, so is it the same? I intend to order a 2007 when I find out the new interior color combinations, such as seats, dash board, floor carpete color.

ctvw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ESV, 06 DTS

I picked up my 06 DTS Performance on Saturday. White Lightning/Titanium, Nav, Sunshade. Replaced my 04 CTS-V

RTT
    RTT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Sedan

'06 DTS Performance Sedan, white lightning--shale interior, nav, rear sunshade, body color grill. Just of 47k out the door.

B8TZM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by rekcsk@cox.net
    What is the octane rating of the fuel that is suppose to be used in the 2006 DTS? My 2005 DeVille used 87 octane, and the DTS has the same engine, so is it the same? I intend to order a 2007 when I find out the new interior color combinations, such as seats, dash board, floor carpete color.
    They told me no ethanol on DTS (non-performance) Told me 87 Unleaded regular okay although they recommend premium. Said you lose a few HPs if you use regular unleaded. Also said put a tank of premium in every now in then that it helps motor

rekcsk@cox.net is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by rjm
    '06 DTS Luxury III, Blue Chip/Shale with navigation, rear sunshade, bucket seats here. Picked it up last Tuesday. DTS is the replacement for my lemon '05 STS V8 1SF which GM graciously repurchased from me.
    What was wrong with your 04 STS that GM was willing to replace it?

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

Bought a 2006 Performance Level on July 4th. Traded in 2003 DTS. New one with White Lightning, Nav, sun roof, deluxe wheels. Looks like they were able to make the best touring car even better.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Traded my 03 DHS (medium bronzemist over neutral leather) for a 06 Lux III DTS (glacier white over neutral leather) on 6/30. Sunroof, rear sunshade, just a totally cool car! My only regret is that it's not rwd. Maybe on the next redesign....

Craig

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.