Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS owners show us your ride!

501K views 1K replies 325 participants last post by  1FINEDTS 
#1 ·
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)

#210 ·
Very nice, how come you didn't go with the body color grill? I love the body color grills on the DTS. They're rare to see. Beautiful Vette as well.

View attachment 85057

My two babies...the DTS III Performance was bought new in 07. All options and got a pretty good deal for 45k..sticker was 55k
----------

Can you guys with DTSs tell me if you notice a difference between the DTS Performance edition and the DTS regular editions? Is the engine in the Performance edition just as reliable? I believe that's L39 correct?

#213 · (Edited)
'08 1SC Black Ice.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Rim

Recently purchased. One tough car for me to find. It had to have the Power Tilt/Telescopic, Wood trim steering wheel.
It also had to have the optional bench seat. .......So I'm nostalgic.
Now I just need to trim it out like my old DHS. The narrow wheel arch molding and the rocker panel trim, and white walls.

#216 ·
I dont own a DTS, I use to but now have a Escalade. But I have some to share.

If you like trim (I love this car!!)
2011 DTS Platinum, trimmed with a Biarittz top and side mouldings, E&G wheel arches, E&G grille, Rocker trim, and a back up camera wired to the factory Nav. This is my boss mans mothers car. Her "Nothern car" She has a exact replica down in florida, 05 DHS in white lightning, same trim.

My sisters 07 DTS that I sold her two years ago. (I manage a used car dealership) Black on black. I bought her the E&G Grille last christmas, E&G wheel arches this
christmas.

This 01 DTS I bought my father for christmas this year :xsmile:
Crimsion Red, Black Rag top, E&G grille, non E&G wheel arches, and stainless rocker trim

#226 ·
what's with the Walmart air vents on the side? :)

Beautiful car though. I wish it had a body matching front grill and chrome or black/chrome emblem on the grill. I've never seen those on a Platinum.

How difficult was it to install a rear camera? Does it match up to the factory navigation when you put the vehicle in reverse? I've wondered about that myself on these cars. Atleast it doesn't have the god aweful vinyl roof or the ugly detail stripping along the side that looks like someone key'd the vehicle. :)

#228 ·
Here's my new-to-me 2008 with 24K miles I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $17.5K.
(The deals you can get on a flagship like this is mind boggling)
It's a one private owner car, super clean, Double Espresso paint, I love it!
It's my third Caddy...I guess I buy every 10 model years: I used to have a 88 Fleetwood then a 98 Deville and now this 08 DTS.
The last car I had before this was a 05 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Loved it, best car I have ever owned.
But we have a baby now and wifey needed a safer bigger car, so I sold the Porsche, sold her VW, and used the cash to buy this for me and X3 for her (put the rest in the bank)...just in time because she was rear ended hard a month later to the tune of $18K in body damage. (She's OK...primarily because she was in a solid SUV instead of her old Beetle)
These pictures are from the drive down from the dealership after picking it up. All the doors are open because my baby boy, who was fighting an ear infection at the time, puked a stream of grape juice into my cream interior...yikes! (I love him)
The only thing I've done to it, other than thoroughly cleaning the puke, is a full Huper Optik tint job (to keep the kid from baking in the SoCal sun). That's probably the only mod I will do!

Attachments

#230 ·
Very nice, looks like you got a amazing deal!

Glad to hear your wife is ok, yea BMW makes some of the safest cars in the world. I wonder how the DTS rates in terms of safety? I never actually looked it up. I assume it's pretty good probably not as good as a Volvo or Benz or BMW but I'm sure it's adequit.

#231 ·
They're really safe cars. I think the 2000-2010's got 4 stars all around with 5 on the roll over test. I think they are even safer than the ratings indicate. I remember reading an article on a news website of a little old lady in an '00-'05 Deville who ran up over the median into oncoming traffic, hit an SUV head on and somehow a trailer truck got involved with it. The Deville wasn't even recognizable but she came out with minor injuries. My 2005 also has side curtains.

#233 ·
Side curtains on '05? I didn't think those came about until the '06 redesign.

----------

My 2012 DTS Platinum.

The last of great line. Its a travesty they are going to stop producing this line. Made me mad I had to actually install a rear camera. Even on the Platinum it isn't included.

I thought 2011 was the last model year. Unless you special ordered it, finding a bk/bk Platinum was a lucky find this late in the game.

Mine looks the same -- even w/o the adaptive cruise grille -- except...for the glue on fender "vents", which really need to go...

#246 ·
Tempting, but have to consider the whole picture. On it's own, a Black painted housing (internals) would look very sleek with just the two round holes. But together with the entire Black car, the two little circles will look small, and odd.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/ricesupra1.jpg/

Also, I don't like painting over the entire outside of the headlight. Aside from the lighting being too dim, I've seen several occasions where the heat begins to melt the outside of the lens in-front of the bulb.

Just did a modest painting on the side, to mask the orange reflector.

Thanks