DTS owners show us your ride! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ozark preacher, that is a great shot because the cars look nearly identical from that angle....
    Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

ozark preacher, that is a great shot because the cars look nearly identical from that angle.

bhoppes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

How is everyone getting so good of deals for these Performance and Luxury III models???? I found a 2008 Performance with 16,000 miles and the dealer won't budge from $29,995 with my $3500 trade and tax, title and plate.

06DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

My 2006 DTS, I never could leave anything alone. Added the wheel well trim, pillar trim, rear spoiler, hood scoop, E&G custom mesh grille, Marine Corps emblems on exterior sail panels. Have also installed factory Navigation system, CB in place of ash tray, and radar detector. Upgraded cup holder to deeper 2010 style. I bought this 06 used in Florida for 19K after my 95 STS decided to expire with 245000 miles on it. Had been running for 7 years with bars leak stopping head gasket water leaks with no problems at all. Love the DTS, smooth and powerful.

06DTS
    Attached Images

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

congrats on the 06 DTS.. I'm not a fan of the hood scoop though.

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

I seen a few of the newer model DTS's up here in Northern Cali on HWY 101 more than a few times... There's this nice one, it's black with vogue tires/ Chrome facory rims. Really nice, not sure if the owner is a member or not.. So I'm putting a feeler out there lol

Gunmetalgray08dts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Luxury II

Re: DTS owners check in!

As a new DTS owner I wanted to thank-you guys for helping me decide on purchasing my used 08 DTS. I purchased it with 42K miles and paid just under $20K for it....walked away from dealership spending $23k after deciding to include hi-tech bumper to bumper warranty with vehicle purchase. Upgraded from 03 Deville Base Model which I loved...can't beat the big car ride and comfort the Cadillac provides. Having had the DTS for only 2 weeks I have to say that I am very impressed ! ! ! My 03 Deville had plenty of toys to play with but the DTS makes it look sad. Heated steering wheel, moonroof, navigation system, etc...after viewing some of your rides on here I decided that I def need the body colored molded splash guards that some of you have. I just ordered them in black from GM and have ordered plastic primer, gunmetal Metallic paint in areosol can, and clearcoat spray. I like the nice finished look they give to the car. I'll post some pics once my project is finished.

Can anyone please tell me why my DTS seems to be the only one without wood grain on the steering wheel? When I purchased the vehicle it was listed as a 2008 DTS with 1SC package...is this a Luxury II package? Or what exactly does it appear to be?

I'd appreciate any heads up you guys can provide....what can i expect from my DTS? Good or bad?

Thanks Again,

(Mike) Gunmetalgray08DTS
    Attached Images

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Congrats on your new DTS! Looks great. The chrome wheels really pop with that colour!

I upgraded to the wood trimmed steering wheel on my 07 DTS. Watch Ebay. Thats where I bought mine. My local Cadillac dealer swapped it on for me.

Gunmetalgray08dts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Luxury II

Thanks Hartfordguy...I really like the looks of the wood grain steering wheels but I've been going a little overboard on my spending on the new DTS. New mud flaps...new rain guards for the windows...etc...I think I need to settle down for a bit and start paying for the car instead. LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmetalgray08dts View Post
    Thanks Hartfordguy...I really like the looks of the wood grain steering wheels but I've been going a little overboard on my spending on the new DTS. New mud flaps...new rain guards for the windows...etc...I think I need to settle down for a bit and start paying for the car instead. LOL !
    Well, just in case you change your mind, here is a link to a grey and wood steering wheel on Ebay. I bought mine from this seller. It was new and still in the box. His prices are good. A fraction of what the dealer wanted for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SS%3AUS%3A1123

quebec#1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts Cadillac 2000 sts balck on black

Is the air bag hard to fit in ?

Quote Originally Posted by quebec#1 View Post
    Is the air bag hard to fit in ?
    I don't know. I paid my local dealer to swap it on. Probably not a big deal if you had the wheel puller tool, but I have heard that you can trip an air bag service lamp if you unplug them. Which would require a visit to the dealer to clear the code anyways.

REVELATION13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

2006 DTS

Los Angeles,CA

Attached Images
    Jesda, Jesda, HartfordGuy and 6 others like this.

A little photoshop to see what my DTS would look like with rear fender skirts.

Maybe this is what the FTS (Fleetwood Touring Sedan) should have looked like.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Here's my 2011 DTS. More pics to come once I get the rims, tint, and vinyl cover put on. This is the platinum edition with the bench seating, sunroof, and DVD nav. Got it all for $45k. The Onstar app works great on my phone to start it and this by far has been the best implementation of bluetooth I've seen in any car. Automatically picks up my phone (EVO 4G), phone number automatically pops up on the dash, and the steering wheel buttons work perfect for answering and hanging up while I'm driving. The only gripe I would have is that when I turn off the car, remove the key, and lock the doors after I've left the vehicle, it still maintains bluetooth contact with the phone. So I have to either shutoff the bluetooth on the phone or walk 300feet before it will disconnect from the car if I'm in the middle of a phone call while I'm driving.
    Attached Images

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Here is my new to me 2008 1SE. God I love black cars, and, I hate black cars.

Don
    StevenE and StevenE like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.