Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS owners show us your ride!

501K views 1K replies 325 participants last post by  1FINEDTS 
#1 ·
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)

#4 ·
Re: DTS owners check in!

I ordered an 06 DTS five weeks ago for my wife. A LUX III, White Lightening over Ebony with NAV, split bench seat and sun roof. The vehicle arrived March 17th. My wife and I visited her new vehicle Saturday. Dealer is detailing vehicle, changing the front grill to a custom vertical bar grill with no Cadillac emblem, adding vogue white wall and gold stripe tires, painting a dual gold stipe down each side of vehicle with a small painted wreath & crest, adding a "gold kit" for emblems and badges and placing a gold wreath and crest in the center of the LUX III wheels. Dealer is also installing a gold hood ornament. We hope to pick up the vehicle late in the day on March 20th. I am a GM supplier so what I paid is not relevant, especially since the dealer is discounting the vehicle $1,000 under the GM supplier price and is doing all the upgrades at his "actual" cost.

The DTS will be our fifth Cadillac. My wive currently drives a 1999 Gold Deville and I drive an 05 XLR. I am a long time member of the XLR forum, however only joined this DTS forum today.

Hello Everyone!

#687 ·

I ordered an 06 DTS five weeks ago for my wife. A LUX III, White Lightening over Ebony with NAV, split bench seat and sun roof. The vehicle arrived March 17th. My wife and I visited her new vehicle Saturday. Dealer is detailing vehicle, changing the front grill to a custom vertical bar grill with no Cadillac emblem, adding vogue white wall and gold stripe tires, painting a dual gold stipe down each side of vehicle with a small painted wreath & crest, adding a "gold kit" for emblems and badges and placing a gold wreath and crest in the center of the LUX III wheels. Dealer is also installing a gold hood ornament. We hope to pick up the vehicle late in the day on March 20th. I am a GM supplier so what I paid is not relevant, especially since the dealer is discounting the vehicle $1,000 under the GM supplier price and is doing all the upgrades at his "actual" cost.

The DTS will be our fifth Cadillac. My wive currently drives a 1999 Gold Deville and I drive an 05 XLR. I am a long time member of the XLR forum, however only joined this DTS forum today.

Hello Everyone!
@Omac... this could be your car other than the vertical grille (assuming it's like mine)

#5 ·

Made a deal for an 06 DTS Performance, Crimson Pearl with Ebony Tuscany. Nav, Chrome wheels, body color grill and Sunroof.

Picking it up this week - got a great deal from Martin Cadillac in NJ - and used a GM lease pull ahead to cover the last 4 payments on my 2003 Infiniti.

[[ Pic shows the chrome grill - they are swapping the body color grill back in before I pick it up. ]]

:)

Attachments

#7 ·

My 04 Colorado has a windshield spray before the wipers start to prevent scratches. My 06 DTS does not.
I can't believe my $40k plus DTS has a fuel tank available to the public with prices as they are.
The rest of the car is great!

#9 ·

What is the octane rating of the fuel that is suppose to be used in the 2006 DTS? My 2005 DeVille used 87 octane, and the DTS has the same engine, so is it the same? I intend to order a 2007 when I find out the new interior color combinations, such as seats, dash board, floor carpete color.

#12 ·

rekcsk@cox.net said:
What is the octane rating of the fuel that is suppose to be used in the 2006 DTS? My 2005 DeVille used 87 octane, and the DTS has the same engine, so is it the same? I intend to order a 2007 when I find out the new interior color combinations, such as seats, dash board, floor carpete color.
They told me no ethanol on DTS (non-performance) Told me 87 Unleaded regular okay although they recommend premium. Said you lose a few HPs if you use regular unleaded. Also said put a tank of premium in every now in then that it helps motor

#16 ·

Hey guys Im new here...my dad has always had a cadillac...It was first and 80's Coupe Deville, then an 89 fleetwood (until 2003) then a 99 STS, and we just bought a 2006 DTS Performance. It has everything in it...except the Adaptive Cruise Control. It is black on black with the tuscany leather and center console with navi, sunroof, heated/ac/ massaging seats, Rear sunshade...18" wheels. So many features, cant remember all...Purchased April 1, 2006...Currently has 6,000 miles. It is used as my dads commuter car. I love this car. Price was 58K plus 3K markup. We ended up purchasing the car for $50,450 + fees. Love this car...

#17 ·

Just drove home my new 2006 black on black performance DTS. Traded in my 2000 black on black DTS, and I can't believe the difference. I love it. Didn't understand that the navigation system actually played DVD movies on the dashboard of the car. Too cool for words. (Shouldn't that be illegal?) Love the airconditioned seats, love the tuscany leather, love the remote start. Got $6000 off since the 2007's are on their way in. Drove a 2007 equiped exactly the same, same colors even, and there was no difference that I could tell. So went for the better deal. The nice lady who lives in my car (nav system) tells me when to turn and all that - I didn't get lost before, but I like it anyway! Haven't tried the adaptive cruise control yet, but have been warned by the dealer to PAY ATTENTION until I get used to it. Sat in my driveway and registered with OnStar. That was fun. I love the XM radio. Didn't think I would care, but I'm already addicted.

#20 ·

DTS Performance Sedan. All options. White Lighting with Shale Leather buckets. 18 inch 9 spoke chrome wheels.
Have had it for a while. 17,000 miles on it. Love it. No problrms so far.
It is a GREAT high speed touring car. Handles real well, especially for it's size and weight.

#26 ·

Bought new 2006 DTS Lux II with Chrome wheels for $38K (MSRP 45,600) in October. Hope I can break this seat in. I am 6'4", 210LB and the seat is smaller than I am, especially the width. Amercians are getting larger and seats are getting smaller. I still have a '91 Park Ave (with only 70K miles) that I am saving for my 14 year old to drive soon. It has the most spectacularly wide seats. I put teenagers in back and even they, WOW, these seats are comfortable. Wish Caddy didn't feel the need to compete with the Europeans so much.

#27 ·

Hello: I have a 2006 DTS III and I am very disappointed. It is a beautiful car, handles great (a little touchy), rides great, but it is extremely disappointing in the gas useage and the function of the gas gauge. I had a 2004 DHS that I really loved. It handled like a dream, rode well, and, believe it or not, it got 24 to 25 miles to the gallon of gas over the road. In town it got between 16 to 17 miles to the gallon. In our business, we do a lot of over the road travelling so we get quite a few miles on our car in a short time. So we trade every 3 years. Our 2006 DTS doesn't even get 19 miles to the gallon, and the gas gauge registers virtually empty when it has used about 14 gallons. I have never been able to get more than 15 gallons of gas in that tank. If I only drove it to the grocery store or shopping, I might not be so frustrated. I might not like it, but I could handle it. However, this means when we drive to Oklahoma City, we will have to fill up before we get to Dallas. Before, we could get north of Dallas or Fort Worth. We have driven Cadillacs over 20 years. I felt they not only beautiful cars, but a great business asset. By the way, one person asked what octane gas does the DTS use. The handbook says 89 octane or higher. I put in 89, but it didn't change anything. I guess I've been spoiled. When I drove a Cadillac, I didn't think any other car could top it. I still like, but it isn't the love affair it once was.

Phyllis