Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS owners show us your ride!

501K views 1K replies 325 participants last post by  1FINEDTS 
#1 ·
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)

#55 · (Edited)
hey everybody...
exactly a month ago, i was unfortunate to be involved in an accident with my 2001 base DeVille, Loved this car, had 209 thousand miles on it(new fuel pump, new rear shocks just three months ago total with labor 900$), and would of still been driving it but a state work truck pulled out of a stop sign and came accross my path and stoped dead in my tracks.

So Out with the old and IN with the NEW... about 20 days ago i was lucky enough to go to MENHEIM PA dealer auction and was able to walk away with a 2007 DTS performance with 38k miles, SHALE/COCCOA interior I LOVE IT... and its WHITE LIGHTNING with matching Grill I LOVE IT...NAV/SUNROOF/Rear power shade/TEHAMA SEATS with ALCANTARA microfiber upper trim-very soft and smell great even though last owner was a smoker/no adaptive cruise control but everything else is standard that comes with the peformance. auction PRICE PAID $19,800: taxes, fees, tags-$22,390
i click insert image and explorer opens up a script prompt, HTTP: i dont know what this is about/ If someone can explain 2 me how to post pictures here ill show my wreck and my new Paloma BLANCO "white dove"

#69 ·
Great color. Wish they hadn't discontinued it in 2008. GM needs to visit Ford for a refreshening of their paint selections. I've seen some really nice colors on Town Cars and the 2010 Fusion (but we've covered this subject once before). Bummer on the trade, though....

#74 · (Edited)
Hello to everyone. I am also on GMinsidenews.com as BlekherBob. And TheSimpsons forum, but can't remember my name; PM if you want it.

I just purchased a 2006 DTS Performance. Paid $15,800 with 50,000 miles, and it has a factory extended warranty. It is showing codes for check tire pressure monitor, check suspension system, and one outside mirror is loose and does not move up and down, only left and right. It has some minor damage along bottom trim front and sides that can't really be seen when looking casually, and I already fixed a fog light that was recessed too far in. The carfax said it was involved in an accident and when I called the PD in that town they said it was minor damage and no airbag deployment. I checked the repair shop that fixed it as well. Overall, I got it for a steal, and after I make it good as new it will be even better. So far, I have been having way too much fun racing this car and showing off to my friends. Wanted a Cadillac since 15 (22 now), particularly a DeVille (I refuse to say DTS).

I especially love the heated and cooled massaging seats, auto-dimming high beams, and dimming mirrors. I love to turn on heat and massage after a long shift at work, even now in the summer. The parking sensors and auto-retracting mirrors are just amazing, especially since at the apartment where I stay during college I have a very small garage. I prefer to use maps to navigate, but I still love the navigator because of the touch-screen radio you get with it. Also, mine has the power rear sunshade, which I have not even seen listed as an option in any sales materials from back then. This car is even more amazing then I expected, especially compared to my other car, the 1996 Dodge Stratus ES (a great car that is now semi-retired in our field back home).

Oh one more thing I remembered kudos to the original owner who paid for the gold package. The emblems look amazing.

A question I have for you current owners is what can I do to increase HP and acceleration? I know the usual things you do for cars; I mean what can be done for this car particularly? Also, can anyone offer tips on installing a hood ornament?

These poor pictures were shot during rain, so I'll get more up now that I detailed the car.

Attachments