DTS owners show us your ride! - Page 25
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07 Nice car,.......Are you a mason??? Thanks! I am, are you? ---------- Originally Posted by Vitaqueen Very ...
    wastingjake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS Luxury III
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07

Nice car,.......Are you a mason???
    Thanks! I am, are you?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaqueen
    Very pretty, wastingjake. Black on black is always cool. I've always wanted a black caddie!
    Me too! It took about 6 months for me to find one that wasn't sold by the time I found it

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by wastingjake

Thanks! I am, are you?

----------

Me too! It took about 6 months for me to find one that wasn't sold by the time I found it
    I come from a long line masons in my family, gramps was an elder, gramma eastern star, dad and uncles. Have not joined yet, but I was raised as one.

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

Quote Originally Posted by StayArmy1 View Post
    2008 DTS, black cherry exterior, ebony interior. Bought it 11/9/2012 in Lexington, KY.
    Do you know if that was a special order color when it was new? Never seen that color before! Love it.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by bwv565 View Post
    Do you know if that was a special order color when it was new? Never seen that color before! Love it.
    I can answer that: No it was not special order nor was it considered a premium paint. Looks spectacular in full sun. There are red and blue metallic specks in the paint. I wanted mine with a cashmere interior but that was only available (in '08) on the STS.

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Thanks Vic. It's a beauty! It probably looks black at night. Love it.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I bought this 2008 Performance Platinum with 43k at CarMax last Thursday night in a miserably cold rain. After acting a day late 3 times over DTSs I'd found on Cars.com and Autotrader.com, I tried Truecar.com again on a whim. Their pages don't work well on dialup, so I hadn't checked there since February. The car was in Florida, between Boca Raton and West Palm Beach. They shipped it to their Greensboro store, 25 miles from me, for $349, non-refundable. It had been in Michigan for 5 years before.

I would probably have been happy with either a Premium or Performance model, but I just didn't like the dark wood. Anyone want some new 245/50R18 Bridgestones? It took me 5 years to wear out the cheapo Firestones on my DeVille. I don't think I'll put up with second rate tires that long again.
    At this point, I've done nothing to it but clean the interior a bit. Carmax cleaned it pretty well, except for one of the rear mats. There are also water spots on the back side of the clock's glass. Some of the color has rubbed off the leather on the driver's seat. Wish there was a way to fix that cheaply. The front of the sunroof doesn't quite go up as far as the roof, so there's a little wind noise at 70 mph.

Edit: thanks to this forum, I figured out how to adjust my sunroof so it's flush with the roof. Tomorrow I will find out if the wind noise disappears.
    -2470760379536799889_12.jpg-2470760379536799889_3.jpg
    bwv565 and bwv565 like this.

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Finally took some decent pictures.

cadillac_guy21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Dts

I been tryna find tires for mine but idk where to go,

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Not your grandfather's Vogue tires.

Dude, you still have your GM chicklets on!

CadillacVogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS Performance

Your Vogues look a bit dirty...

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Edit: wrong thread

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Attachment 106597Better late than never...here is mine,

Traded my last DTS for this one. Did a lot of searching, throughout I was wanting a much later model DTS, but my main concern was one with less mileage. The 06 had 124000 on it, and it still ran great, but still made me a bit nervous. Time to give itto somebody else..After looking at 09 and 10 models I found 07 with 56000 on the clock. I couldn't see paying thedifference in price for the what is the same car to the tee, with the same mileage, same options, the only difference was theupdated Onstar system, and the somewhat cool shark fin antenna. with trade I made out under blue book.

cadillac_guy21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Dts

lookin pretty good

maybeenuf4u is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS

Looks pretty good! I really like the rims.

I really think that the antenna on the 2009 seems to work better for SiriusXM radios. Having it there on the top of the car, for some reason I get far better reception. Watch for my separate post very soon!

maybeenuf4u is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS

Re: DTS owners check in!

Two weeks ago I bought this 2009 DTS. I'm not sure what option it is, but its got all the things I needed. Power sunroof, check. SiriusXM radio, check. Chrome rims, check. Decent tread on the Michelin tires, check. Low mileage, 18K, check. Most everything else that I like, leather power... is included.

My old 03 Deville was giving me sounds that the car wasn't in it for the long haul. I thought I'd upgrade if I could find the right one. I checked on Autotrader, and Cars.com. Craigslist. Kept looking til I found the right one, and close enough to home so I could go and test drive it.

Users have mentioned the antenna. I find that this kind is far superior to the one on my last car. It was an aftermarket installed Kenwood. I'm not sure if its the placement on the vehicle, or the antenna type, but you only loose signal when you go through a tunnel. I'm still able to get my Sirius in parking lots, and at the ATMs.

I love the chrome rims. I only wish that I had known that you have to go touchless at the car wash, or risk the chrome. I marred mine, but its not bad. (Not pictured.)
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.