Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS owners show us your ride!

501K views 1K replies 325 participants last post by  1FINEDTS 
#1 ·
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)

#771 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just picked this baby up for a cool 800 with ~258000 miles. I'm the second owner. The first was a local pastor and his wife. There's a fried mirror and a broken tail light, but the new ones were in the trunk! Free parts! Those tail lamp assemblies aren't cheap. They said it needs struts and the driver's rear window is stuck down now, but there's a huge stack of repair and maintenance records in the glove box. It has a rag top! It sounds great and has plenty of power. I love all the options and they all work! (Just ignore the little stuff)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Trunk
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac dts

#772 ·
Just picked this baby up for a cool 800 with ~258000 miles. I'm the second owner. The first was a local pastor and his wife. There's a fried mirror and a broken tail light, but the new ones were in the trunk! Free parts! Those tail lamp assemblies aren't cheap. They said it needs struts and the driver's rear window is stuck down now, but there's a huge stack of repair and maintenance records in the glove box. It has a rag top! It sounds great and has plenty of power. I love all the options and they all work! (Just ignore the little stuff)
Nice! Post your progress pics!

#775 ·
Yep I've been so happy just doing a bunch of research before we go pick her up. Basically we just were in desperate need of a car and this popped up on Facebook from the retired local pastor. My goal is to fix it up and use it gently for a while. Then when it's got a few less problems, maybe sell it. That's unless I fall in love with it, which I may have already.

He told me it needs new struts because it clunks a little when turning at low speed. And it does pop, but not the worst thing ever. But it does have a bit of a wobble at 50 or 60. Not much but I'm sure it'll only get worse unless I fix it right away.

First thing I'll do when I get it on a lift is check what actually needs replaced. Probably do new struts, strut bearings, and mounts, tie rod ends, etc. Then I'm guessing it probably needs brake pads if not rotors. Fix the electric window. We are gonna drive it home on the 3rd so it'll be a good little 90 Mile drive to get a feel. I'll post later! Thanks!

#782 ·
Good find. I'd check all the fluids make sure they've been changed. Trans fluid is usually good for 10 years. Dexcool is good for 5 years. Brake fluid should be almost clear. If its dark change that too. Check the tires for dry rot (cracks) If there is cracks on the sidewall replace the tires regardless of tread depth.

#783 ·
I'd go one even further than Omac, Don't even bother checking the tires, just go get them replaced... period! That's only about 1700 miles a year. Do the fluid and tire replacement immediately. Then take it out for about a half hour to an hour drive at freeway speed and then park it in the garage overnight and see if anything starts leaking. There's a pretty good chance the thing wasn't driven enough or properly, but there's also a good chance you've got yourself a JEM.

#785 ·
Check all the fluids. If you don't know when or if it was changed then replace with new including brake fluid. Check the tires for cracks. dry rot. If they are the originals replace them. Check the brake pads. Basically check all the systems. Great looking DTS. Not many with low miles left. Looks like it spent it's life garaged and was probably well maintained.

#796 ·
Hello everyone. After many years of drooling, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I got myself a 2009 Radiant Silver DTS Luxury with 57,000 miles. The ride home from work was amazing, and made me a little sad that I waited this long.

View attachment 585263 View attachment 585264 View attachment 585265
Hello everyone. After many years of drooling, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I got myself a 2009 Radiant Silver DTS Luxury with 57,000 miles. The ride home from work was amazing, and made me a little sad that I waited this long.

View attachment 585263 View attachment 585264 View attachment 585265
Nice ride , hard to find low mileages that far back .👍

#803 ·
$2000 for a 2007 with 116000 miles is a great deal. Great color
I paid $1,000 dollars for my previous Cadillac, a 2002 DTS with 128,000 miles.

The only thing that was wrong with it was that it was in need of a major detail.. Luckily that’s what I specialize in, so I was able to restore the paint from this..

To this[emoji16]

1 yr. ago last month I was T Boned by a drunk driver and this is what my Cadillac looked like moments after the crash... You can see me still inside the car as the firefighters arrived to help get me out.

I got hit by a Kia Optima at full speed [45 mph] then went straight into a light pole backwards.

This is what the interior wound up looking like. This is untouched as it was from the crash...

Believe it or not, I was able to crawl out of the passenger door of the car without a scratch on my face, I had a couple of broken ribs, but I honestly felt good enough to walk away...

Luckily I let the ambulance take me to the hospital where just over a day later they performed emergency surgery due to my internal injuries. They had to remove my appendix & spleen, along with part of my liver.

Something went wrong during surgery and I nearly died... I wound up in a coma for 12 days, and spent over a month in the hospital. Right about this exact date last year I was released from the hospital and I thank God and also the doctors for me being able to make a full recovery. [emoji18]

I’m also thankful I was in a Cadillac, because I don’t think I would’ve fared as well in something like a Toyota Prius. Lol.