Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS owners show us your ride!

501K views 1K replies 325 participants last post by  1FINEDTS 
#1 ·
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)

#655 ·
Not sure if your referring to mine or the ones right above, but mine are definitely my favorite on the DTS. One of them is actually cracked and a new one is a few hundred. Keep scanning craigslist/ebay etc to find someone selling used ones in good condition, but that seems to be like a needle in a haystack. Also, worried about buying one new one and it really standing out compared to the other old (beginning to peel) ones.

#656 · (Edited)
Not sure if your referring to mine or the ones right above, but mine are definitely my favorite on the DTS. One of them is actually cracked and a new one is a few hundred. Keep scanning craigslist/ebay etc to find someone selling used ones in good condition, but that seems to be like a needle in a haystack. Also, worried about buying one new one and it really standing out compared to the other old (beginning to peel) ones.
Yours. The first time I saw them in the wild was on a red car (my favorite color) and it looked fantastic. But only in chrome and only the 7 spoke, not the 9.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18-OEM-FAC...ash=item3b01577ef4:g:bvwAAOSwWktagztQ&vxp=mtr

#657 ·
Hi everyone,
New to the forum here and proud owner of a new to me 2007 DTS. This is a base car with no options to my knowledge. Probably the only Cadillac in New England without heated seats. I got a great deal on it off craigslist with 144k miles. This is a 3rd car for us and I'm just using it to commute to work and back and a few small trips here and there.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac dts

#660 ·
Hi everyone,
New to the forum here and proud owner of a new to me 2007 DTS. This is a base car with no options to my knowledge. Probably the only Cadillac in New England without heated seats. I got a great deal on it off craigslist with 144k miles. This is a 3rd car for us and I'm just using it to commute to work and back and a few small trips here and there.
View attachment 506978
For now it's the third car but I see a promotion in it's future...

Good luck with the great looking car.

#672 ·
Thanks. I know I did it right as I'm getting so many comments how good it looks just about where ever I go with. I recently changed wax brands to Turtle wax black ice. It hides the little imperfections very well and as you can see gives a great shine.

#673 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Cadillac dts Rim

My 06 DTS Performance. Had to change the wheels because of peeling chrome so went with something sporty and chose black with machined accents to match the black and chrome grill and accents on the car. The wheels are also offset about an inch and a half wider and the car drives even better now. Not to mention they don't sit deep in the wheel well. They sit flush with the fender flares.

#675 ·
View attachment 525633

My 06 DTS Performance. Had to change the wheels because of peeling chrome so went with something sporty and chose black with machined accents to match the black and chrome grill and accents on the car. The wheels are also offset about an inch and a half wider and the car drives even better now. Not to mention they don't sit deep in the wheel well. They sit flush with the fender flares.
They look nice...

#674 · (Edited)
Something a little different from all the beautiful clean DTS's I'm seeing here but it's a work in progress. It was parked after a raccoon took out half the bumper a few years ago and I'm just working on getting it back to a presentable condition
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Transport

the aftermarket grill is so damn shiny it's reflection attracted this plant from a shady spot about 3 feet away... damnest thing i've ever seen. had to take the bumper apart to get it out without breaking any clips

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

the front bumper is pretty f'd and the fog/cornering light is gone, but don't worry, I managed to push my luck and drove 3 hours away to a junkyard sight unseen and found decent examples of both as well as 2 good headlights to open and black out in the future
Automotive exterior Bumper Red Vehicle Auto part

working on sanding and filling it and i should have it painted and on by the end of this week. i got really lucky and got the bumper with both chrome peices intact, the plastic support beam with the parking sensor harness, all the various clips and deflectors inside the bumper, and the fog light. the bumper on the car was already aftermarket before it broke, and was basically just skin and fog lights so the car should be complete again soon
Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Wheel Brake

brakes all around are done, I already have new front struts and rear air shocks on order and they should be here in a couple days. tie rods as well
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive exterior

I like this car, and it seems someone really really liked this car when it was new, It has a lot of aftermarket cosmetic parts on it. Chrome under-door sills, landau top with chrome trim, the chrome center door pillars, custom pinstriping with monogram ("AP" maybe arnold palmer lol), the waterfall grille, and it has an aftermarket wood trim kit that compliments the stock wood. I got the car for free from a friend and I have the tools time and knowledge right now for a project, so I'm willing to throw a couple thousand in parts by the end of it and have a perfect running reliable example. I really like these cars and the northstar motors. I'm going to start looking for a decent motor in the junkyard next month and start aquiring parts to do a full reseal+"bulletproof" with head and main studs and throw it in the car when it's done. should be fun!

edit: and a question about these motors for those with experience- is the sure-grip (or similar) head and main stud kit still reccomended for the 06-up northstars? i know the bolts were changed at some point in 04-06, was the head bolt/main bolt problem solved then or am i on the right track in wanting to do the stud retrofit? If I'm going to do all the work and hassle of pulling and replacing this engine at my house i'd like to do it the right way the first time if the labor's 'free' anyway...

#676 ·
Something a little different from all the beautiful clean DTS's I'm seeing here but it's a work in progress. It was parked after a raccoon took out half the bumper a few years ago and I'm just working on getting it back to a presentable condition
View attachment 525833
the aftermarket grill is so damn shiny it's reflection attracted this plant from a shady spot about 3 feet away... damnest thing i've ever seen. had to take the bumper apart to get it out without breaking any clips

View attachment 525841
the front bumper is pretty f'd and the fog/cornering light is gone, but don't worry, I managed to push my luck and drove 3 hours away to a junkyard sight unseen and found decent examples of both as well as 2 good headlights to open and black out in the future
View attachment 525849
working on sanding and filling it and i should have it painted and on by the end of this week. i got really lucky and got the bumper with both chrome peices intact, the plastic support beam with the parking sensor harness, all the various clips and deflectors inside the bumper, and the fog light. the bumper on the car was already aftermarket before it broke, and was basically just skin and fog lights so the car should be complete again soon
View attachment 525857
brakes all around are done, I already have new front struts and rear air shocks on order and they should be here in a couple days. tie rods as well
View attachment 525865
I like this car, and it seems someone really really liked this car when it was new, It has a lot of aftermarket cosmetic parts on it. Chrome under-door sills, landau top with chrome trim, the chrome center door pillars, custom pinstriping with monogram ("AP" maybe arnold palmer lol), the waterfall grille, and it has an aftermarket wood trim kit that compliments the stock wood. I got the car for free from a friend and I have the tools time and knowledge right now for a project, so I'm willing to throw a couple thousand in parts by the end of it and have a perfect running reliable example. I really like these cars and the northstar motors. I'm going to start looking for a decent motor in the junkyard next month and start aquiring parts to do a full reseal+"bulletproof" with head and main studs and throw it in the car when it's done. should be fun!

edit: and a question about these motors for those with experience- is the sure-grip (or similar) head and main stud kit still reccomended for the 06-up northstars? i know the bolts were changed at some point in 04-06, was the head bolt/main bolt problem solved then or am i on the right track in wanting to do the stud retrofit? If I'm going to do all the work and hassle of pulling and replacing this engine at my house i'd like to do it the right way the first time if the labor's 'free' anyway...
You don't need to do the stud kit on the 06 up Northstar engine. Car looks good should clean up nice.

#677 ·
that's what i wanted to hear! in that case, when the body stuff is done I'll just pull my motor and do the oil pan+midblock gaskets and timing chain wear parts then. The oil leak annoys me, the second pic in my last post you can see the spots right infront of my bumper from where i usually park. neighbors probably hate me

#681 ·
I had to pay $3800 to reseal my engine Jan 2017. I picked up this 2010 Platinum from an auction as my new project. I plan on swapping interiors with my owned since new 06 fix the damage and sell. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get to it with an unexpected death in the family.

#678 · (Edited)
Bodywork is done! Found a slightly damaged used bumper in the junkyard and filled and smoothed some scrapes and a dent in the center, and epoxied and reinforced the 5-6 broken grille slats. Took forever to sand all the tiny parts of the grill by hand, but all the prep time was more than worth it. This was a RATTLE CAN PAINT JOB IN MY BACKYARD!!!!!! Even though it was all spray cans i did the whole 9 yards- Epoxy repairs(plastic-weld), sanding (150 and 320grit) 1 can prep spray, 1 can adhesion promoter primer, 2 cans black filler primer, 2 cans of Duplicolor Perfect-Match universal black, and 2 cans of Duplicolor clear. Gloss came out way better than I expected it to, i laid extra clear to give room to wetsand and buff if any dust or pollen got in the paint (did it in my backyard propped up on some tires) but miraculously it dried with no major issues. Still going to let it cure for a week or two and spend a couple hours polishing, even if it doesn't get any better i'll be very happy with the end result

Also: It started pouring just as i got 1 headlight mounted last night, so i used the time stuck inside with my car apart to rebuild my trunk brake light. Cost me <3$ for 90cm waterproof LED strip+ a 9$ set of diamond cutting discs I wanted anyway+ plastic-weld epoxy and silicone I had left over from earlier. Cutting it apart was a real pain, as was keeping the LED strip aligned perfectly on the stock light diffuser, but It worked out in the end. If i did it again, i'd have used 2 45cm LED strips instead and made half of it flash along with the turn signals
Hardest parts overall were getting the backing plate aligned to sit with even gaps all around when installed, waterproofing the seam without affecting clearance, and making sure no glue or epoxy dripped inside as it dried. Even managed to reuse the factory connector! LED strips came as a 4-pack and a friend on facebook offered 100$ to rebuild his, I might make a couple posts on marketplace and craigslist offering this as a service.
Light strips i used: https://www.amazon.com/Grandview-Fl...047814&sr=8-2&keywords=12v+90cm+led+strip+red

Attachments

#683 · (Edited)
i really want whitewall tires like that. those really make the car pop. if you have problems finding anything in your area, pm me i have a pretty good headlight polished up driver's side i'd sell for like half ebay price that i don't need for mine as well as a decent non radar cruise grill. i also have a driver's side chrome bumper trim from my old bumper that's good that you can have for shipping cost. i know they're damn expensive to buy seperate and i don't need it. i've been amassing parts and picked all the cars i could find clean of expensive parts as i plan to keep this car till someone wrecks into me eventually and hopefully after

#684 ·
I have the oem grill from my 06 Ive got the hood and fender in black already the headlight too. I need the front bumper cover and some small parts under the hood. Ill post pics when I start working on it again. The DTS drives awesome no mechanical damage or frame rail damage.

#685 ·
nice! glad to see you were able to find parts, it took me 6 junkyard trips before i found a single DTS with any sort of bumper cover, which is why i opted to repair a kinda dicked one. best prices i've found otherwise are some 120$ "reconditioned" bumpers without parking sensor holes on rockauto (sounds very sus to me), or new aftermarket bumpers on ebay for around 300 or so.