DTS owners show us your ride! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys Im new here...my dad has always had a cadillac...It was first and 80's Coupe Deville, then an 89 ...
    Matts06DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: DTS owners check in!

Hey guys Im new here...my dad has always had a cadillac...It was first and 80's Coupe Deville, then an 89 fleetwood (until 2003) then a 99 STS, and we just bought a 2006 DTS Performance. It has everything in it...except the Adaptive Cruise Control. It is black on black with the tuscany leather and center console with navi, sunroof, heated/ac/ massaging seats, Rear sunshade...18" wheels. So many features, cant remember all...Purchased April 1, 2006...Currently has 6,000 miles. It is used as my dads commuter car. I love this car. Price was 58K plus 3K markup. We ended up purchasing the car for $50,450 + fees. Love this car...

Wombat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just drove home my new 2006 black on black performance DTS. Traded in my 2000 black on black DTS, and I can't believe the difference. I love it. Didn't understand that the navigation system actually played DVD movies on the dashboard of the car. Too cool for words. (Shouldn't that be illegal?) Love the airconditioned seats, love the tuscany leather, love the remote start. Got $6000 off since the 2007's are on their way in. Drove a 2007 equiped exactly the same, same colors even, and there was no difference that I could tell. So went for the better deal. The nice lady who lives in my car (nav system) tells me when to turn and all that - I didn't get lost before, but I like it anyway! Haven't tried the adaptive cruise control yet, but have been warned by the dealer to PAY ATTENTION until I get used to it. Sat in my driveway and registered with OnStar. That was fun. I love the XM radio. Didn't think I would care, but I'm already addicted.

FastEddie50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS4 Luxury, Red Obsession, Chrome 18" Sunroof

First Timer Checks In

Here is my baby, a 2006 DTS Luxury II with moonroof & chrome wheels as the only options. My only complaint is that you have to take the Lux III package to get a really primo sound system. I leased for 39 mos. and traded in my 2001 300M. I am extremely happy with a payment of $263!

Picture 082-2.jpg

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Wow, what a low payment!

Looks like DTS Performance is quite rare.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

DTS Performance Sedan. All options. White Lighting with Shale Leather buckets. 18 inch 9 spoke chrome wheels.
    Have had it for a while. 17,000 miles on it. Love it. No problrms so far.
    It is a GREAT high speed touring car. Handles real well, especially for it's size and weight.

obergc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Picked up a Black on Black 2006 Performance package DTS that has all optional equipment except for the adaptive cruise control on 30 Aug. I only have about 800 miles on it but I love it so far, no problems or complaints.
    Attached Images
    Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I cant tell from the reflections, but is the grille black too?

obergc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, grill is painted black

Benbj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i JUST BOUGHT A USED (RENTAL) 2006 WITH 14,000 MILES. PAID $25,000.

Bigbill5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06, performance

Last week bought 2006 (new) DTS Performance, moon roof, Nav, white lightning/ beige. Paid $ 46000.00 before tax

cubldr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II

Bought new 2006 DTS Lux II with Chrome wheels for $38K (MSRP 45,600) in October. Hope I can break this seat in. I am 6'4", 210LB and the seat is smaller than I am, especially the width. Amercians are getting larger and seats are getting smaller. I still have a '91 Park Ave (with only 70K miles) that I am saving for my 14 year old to drive soon. It has the most spectacularly wide seats. I put teenagers in back and even they, WOW, these seats are comfortable. Wish Caddy didn't feel the need to compete with the Europeans so much.

pjblush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Luxury III

Hello: I have a 2006 DTS III and I am very disappointed. It is a beautiful car, handles great (a little touchy), rides great, but it is extremely disappointing in the gas useage and the function of the gas gauge. I had a 2004 DHS that I really loved. It handled like a dream, rode well, and, believe it or not, it got 24 to 25 miles to the gallon of gas over the road. In town it got between 16 to 17 miles to the gallon. In our business, we do a lot of over the road travelling so we get quite a few miles on our car in a short time. So we trade every 3 years. Our 2006 DTS doesn't even get 19 miles to the gallon, and the gas gauge registers virtually empty when it has used about 14 gallons. I have never been able to get more than 15 gallons of gas in that tank. If I only drove it to the grocery store or shopping, I might not be so frustrated. I might not like it, but I could handle it. However, this means when we drive to Oklahoma City, we will have to fill up before we get to Dallas. Before, we could get north of Dallas or Fort Worth. We have driven Cadillacs over 20 years. I felt they not only beautiful cars, but a great business asset. By the way, one person asked what octane gas does the DTS use. The handbook says 89 octane or higher. I put in 89, but it didn't change anything. I guess I've been spoiled. When I drove a Cadillac, I didn't think any other car could top it. I still like, but it isn't the love affair it once was.

Phyllis

cubldr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II

Perhaps your gas gauge or the on-board info system is incorrect. I am finding that my gas mileage on my 06 DTS is in keeping with the published ratings. I get 16-17 in town (stop and go) and 25 on the hiway as an average. When my gauge gets to "empty", I have used about 15 gallons which means that I have about 3.5 gallons in reserve, which is as it should be. This is my first Caddy but I had three Buick Park Aves and I found this to be consistent,

dyoll is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

I weigh 165 and am 5ft 8in. The 06 DTS seats are the best I ever owned. The lateral back support allows me to drive all day in comfort. On the other hand, my 06 SC430 lexus is a desaster for driver comfort. No lateral back support at all.

steck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

so when you guys are done talkin about gas mileage,,,are ya gonna post a pic of your caddy....as the original poster requested

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.