DTS owners show us your ride! - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; what's with the Walmart air vents on the side? Beautiful car though. I wish it had a body matching front ...
    Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

what's with the Walmart air vents on the side?

Beautiful car though. I wish it had a body matching front grill and chrome or black/chrome emblem on the grill. I've never seen those on a Platinum.

How difficult was it to install a rear camera? Does it match up to the factory navigation when you put the vehicle in reverse? I've wondered about that myself on these cars. Atleast it doesn't have the god aweful vinyl roof or the ugly detail stripping along the side that looks like someone key'd the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    My 2012 DTS Platinum.

The last of great line. Its a travesty they are going to stop producing this line. Made me mad I had to actually install a rear camera. Even on the Platinum it isn't included.

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Nice car but the Walmart air vents have to go.
    Forgoten214 and Forgoten214 like this.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Here's my new-to-me 2008 with 24K miles I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $17.5K.
    (The deals you can get on a flagship like this is mind boggling)
    It's a one private owner car, super clean, Double Espresso paint, I love it!
    It's my third Caddy...I guess I buy every 10 model years: I used to have a 88 Fleetwood then a 98 Deville and now this 08 DTS.
    The last car I had before this was a 05 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Loved it, best car I have ever owned.
    But we have a baby now and wifey needed a safer bigger car, so I sold the Porsche, sold her VW, and used the cash to buy this for me and X3 for her (put the rest in the bank)...just in time because she was rear ended hard a month later to the tune of $18K in body damage. (She's OK...primarily because she was in a solid SUV instead of her old Beetle)
    These pictures are from the drive down from the dealership after picking it up. All the doors are open because my baby boy, who was fighting an ear infection at the time, puked a stream of grape juice into my cream interior...yikes! (I love him)
    The only thing I've done to it, other than thoroughly cleaning the puke, is a full Huper Optik tint job (to keep the kid from baking in the SoCal sun). That's probably the only mod I will do!

Attached Images

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    My 2012 DTS Platinum.

The last of great line. Its a travesty they are going to stop producing this line. Made me mad I had to actually install a rear camera. Even on the Platinum it isn't included.

The air vent looks fine to me. It looks better than the Buick portholes I've seen on Honda civics.

Very nice, looks like you got a amazing deal!

Glad to hear your wife is ok, yea BMW makes some of the safest cars in the world. I wonder how the DTS rates in terms of safety? I never actually looked it up. I assume it's pretty good probably not as good as a Volvo or Benz or BMW but I'm sure it's adequit.

Quote Originally Posted by powerglide View Post
    Here's my new-to-me 2008 with 24K miles I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $17.5K.
    (The deals you can get on a flagship like this is mind boggling)
    It's a one private owner car, super clean, Double Espresso paint, I love it!
    It's my third Caddy...I guess I buy every 10 model years: I used to have a 88 Fleetwood then a 98 Deville and now this 08 DTS.
    The last car I had before this was a 05 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Loved it, best car I have ever owned.
    But we have a baby now and wifey needed a safer bigger car, so I sold the Porsche, sold her VW, and used the cash to buy this for me and X3 for her (put the rest in the bank)...just in time because she was rear ended hard a month later to the tune of $18K in body damage. (She's OK...primarily because she was in a solid SUV instead of her old Beetle)
    These pictures are from the drive down from the dealership after picking it up. All the doors are open because my baby boy, who was fighting an ear infection at the time, puked a stream of grape juice into my cream interior...yikes! (I love him)
    The only thing I've done to it, other than thoroughly cleaning the puke, is a full Huper Optik tint job (to keep the kid from baking in the SoCal sun). That's probably the only mod I will do!

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

They're really safe cars. I think the 2000-2010's got 4 stars all around with 5 on the roll over test. I think they are even safer than the ratings indicate. I remember reading an article on a news website of a little old lady in an '00-'05 Deville who ran up over the median into oncoming traffic, hit an SUV head on and somehow a trailer truck got involved with it. The Deville wasn't even recognizable but she came out with minor injuries. My 2005 also has side curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214 View Post
    Very nice, looks like you got a amazing deal!

Glad to hear your wife is ok, yea BMW makes some of the safest cars in the world. I wonder how the DTS rates in terms of safety? I never actually looked it up. I assume it's pretty good probably not as good as a Volvo or Benz or BMW but I'm sure it's adequit.
    Thanks! I thought so too...considering it was dealership...but since it was a Toyota dealership I'm thinking they were trying to get it off the lot maybe. (makes their 'yotas look bad :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    They're really safe cars. I think the 2000-2010's got 4 stars all around with 5 on the roll over test. I think they are even safer than the ratings indicate. I remember reading an article on a news website of a little old lady in an '00-'05 Deville who ran up over the median into oncoming traffic, hit an SUV head on and somehow a trailer truck got involved with it. The Deville wasn't even recognizable but she came out with minor injuries. My 2005 also has side curtains.
    Yeah, safety was a big concern for me. Looking up crash test data, it is a four star car compared to many modern cars with 5 stars...but the data (if you look at g-loads on femurs etc.) are all over the place. At the end of the day I went with general guidelines from IIHS (I think) who had published data on number of deaths per million car accidents divided by categories. I think small cars had over 90 deaths per million wrecks, SUV's and full size car were like 60 or 70 deaths, and the safest category by far was Very Large Sedans at 30 something deaths per million accidents.

Coupled that with the fact that the DTS has baby seat anchors for the middle seat position and the room to actually put it there in a rear facing configuration, makes this my safety pick for my little dude.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    Side curtains on '05? I didn't think those came about until the '06 redesign.

----------

My 2012 DTS Platinum.

I thought 2011 was the last model year. Unless you special ordered it, finding a bk/bk Platinum was a lucky find this late in the game.

Mine looks the same -- even w/o the adaptive cruise grille -- except...for the glue on fender "vents", which really need to go...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Side curtains on '05? I didn't think those came about until the '06 redesign.[COLOR="Silver"]
    I don't know if it's the exact setup as the '06+ but mine has side impact airbags. Kind of crappy pics below from my cell phone. I really have no idea what year they started offering side airbags on this gen Deville. I'm guessing it probably became an option sometime in '05, possibly '04. It also talks about them a little in my manual.

texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214 View Post
    what's with the Walmart air vents on the side?

Beautiful car though. I wish it had a body matching front grill and chrome or black/chrome emblem on the grill. I've never seen those on a Platinum.

How difficult was it to install a rear camera? Does it match up to the factory navigation when you put the vehicle in reverse? I've wondered about that myself on these cars. Atleast it doesn't have the god aweful vinyl roof or the ugly detail stripping along the side that looks like someone key'd the vehicle.
    The dealer had a third party that could do it and maintain the warranty and yes it does engage in reverse. The side vents, yeah I'm not a big fan either. My only guess is thats the feature Cadillac put on them to scream "Platinum" I've seen them on a few other cars too and some not even Cadillac.

I'm just glad my magnetic bumper stickers showed up!

My only guess is thats the feature Cadillac put on them to scream "Platinum" I've seen them on a few other cars too and some not even Cadillac.
    I'm pretty sure Cadillac didn't put it on there. The reason why you have seen it on other cars and guys are ribbing you here is because these "vents" are typically fake plastic stickers sold at gas stations, walmart, and car washes...

Hmmm, maybe they put it there to hide a huge scratch or flaw in the paint.

I'm pretty sure Cadillac didn't put it on there. The reason why you have seen it on other cars and guys are ribbing you here is because these "vents" are typically fake plastic stickers sold at gas stations, walmart, and car washes...

texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I really appreciate you telling me. I'll get them removed asap.

The car only had 5k miles on it when I bought it so I assumed it was GM who did it.

Again, thank you for telling me. I'm calling the dealer now.

The car only had 5k miles on it when I bought it so I assumed it was GM who did it.

Post back pictures post-removal! It will make a great looking car an A+ once it's gone.

Well we're just teasing you if you think they look good and like them what difference does it make right? It's just not my style because I seen them on so many other cars and I know Walmart sells them for 10 dollars a pair. 9.97 actually. lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.