DTS owners show us your ride! - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree275Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Forgoten214 Can you guys with DTSs tell me if you notice a difference between the DTS Performance ...
    Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214 View Post
    Can you guys with DTSs tell me if you notice a difference between the DTS Performance edition and the DTS regular editions? Is the engine in the Performance edition just as reliable? I believe that's L39 correct?
    I have a little over 111,000 miles on my 2006 Performance.
    It still runs as good as the day I bought it brand new...

I like your house number...
    30.06 is the number of the Concealed Carry law here in Texas...

Texas Jim

drew46835 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville DTS

I'm loving that look with the XLR-V wheels...Do they fit the 2000-2000 DTS'S??? thanks Drew

glnb1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac DTS 1SC

'08 1SC Black Ice.

DTS_08a.jpg 002d.jpg

Recently purchased. One tough car for me to find. It had to have the Power Tilt/Telescopic, Wood trim steering wheel.
    It also had to have the optional bench seat. .......So I'm nostalgic.
    Now I just need to trim it out like my old DHS. The narrow wheel arch molding and the rocker panel trim, and white walls.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Very nice, how come you didn't go with the body color grill? I love the body color grills on the DTS. They're rare to see. Beautiful Vette as well.

----------

Can you guys with DTSs tell me if you notice a difference between the DTS Performance edition and the DTS regular editions? Is the engine in the Performance edition just as reliable? I believe that's L39 correct?
    As far as I know, they're just as reliable. That N* has more HP and different gearing. Performance also has Magneride and are usually very well optioned.

You mentioned the grill...correct me if I'm wrong, but do they have the body color grille if it has adaptive cruise control?
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Very nice. I also have the bench but wouldn't mind switching to the center console; I can imagine how hard that would be. I love your black grille; my color is the dark cherry (not sure of exact name) but I have ACC so I'm not sure I can paint the grille.

1990CaddyBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB

I dont own a DTS, I use to but now have a Escalade. But I have some to share.

If you like trim (I love this car!!)
    2011 DTS Platinum, trimmed with a Biarittz top and side mouldings, E&G wheel arches, E&G grille, Rocker trim, and a back up camera wired to the factory Nav. This is my boss mans mothers car. Her "Nothern car" She has a exact replica down in florida, 05 DHS in white lightning, same trim.

My sisters 07 DTS that I sold her two years ago. (I manage a used car dealership) Black on black. I bought her the E&G Grille last christmas, E&G wheel arches this
    christmas.

This 01 DTS I bought my father for christmas this year
    Crimsion Red, Black Rag top, E&G grille, non E&G wheel arches, and stainless rocker trim

Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Really? I didn't know that. I thought the body colored grill was an option. I'd love a DTS Black/Black with a body color grill and chrome emblem. I think it's so much better looking than the stock cheesy chrome looking ones. Just a personal taste I guess. I don't like a lot of gaudy unnecessary chrome unless its on a 50s caddy. lol

Magnaride? What's the difference between Magnaride and what's standard on the DTS? Please enlighten me more on the performance edition.

I'm still looking for one, they're definitely hard to find. I'm just worried and scared about the expensive headgaskets on the Northstar. I'm still running my 4.9 and have no complaints about power.

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    As far as I know, they're just as reliable. That N* has more HP and different gearing. Performance also has Magneride and are usually very well optioned.

You mentioned the grill...correct me if I'm wrong, but do they have the body color grille if it has adaptive cruise control?

----------

Actually hold that thought...I'll create a new thread I don't want to hijack this one. Lol

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Like many of you guys, I watch the classifieds for other DTSs forsale. Sometimes you notice that a seller goes out of their way to get some better than average photos of the car. Here are a few I found this morning. Enjoy.

The location is Nevada by the way.

No sunroof? That sucks. Seems pretty base to me.

That's not even White Diamond!

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    Like many of you guys, I watch the classifieds for other DTSs forsale. Sometimes you notice that a seller goes out of their way to get some better than average photos of the car. Here are a few I found this morning. Enjoy.

The location is Nevada by the way.

Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

No sunroof? That sucks. Seems pretty base to me.

That's not even White Diamond!
    I was remarking on the setting, not the equipment on the car. White Diamond or not, the styling is what makes the car. In this market of jelly bean shaped cars the DTS is a stand out.

Besides, a base Cadillac is still better looking than a loaded lesser car.

Those photos to me say more about the meaning of a Cadillac. The majesty of the scenery. How beautiful and diverse the American landscape is. Touring across this country in a Cadillac was and still is for many the American dream.
    Forgoten214, Forgoten214 and Aeros like this.

I agree it's a very beautiful car indeed. I just would purchase a better optioned DTS if it was me.

I was remarking on the setting, not the equipment on the car. White Diamond or not, the styling is what makes the car. In this market of jelly bean shaped cars the DTS is a stand out.

Those photos to me say more about the meaning of a Cadillac. The majesty of the scenery. How beautiful and diverse the American landscape is. Touring across this country in a Cadillac was and still is for many the American dream.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Those photos to me say more about the meaning of a Cadillac.
    The majesty of the scenery.
    How beautiful and diverse the American landscape is.
    Touring across this country in a Cadillac was and still is for many the American dream.
    That's why mine has over 111,000 miles on it... and the first one had over 40,000 and it was only 12 months old...
    We love driving cross country.

Jim

cardio-doc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    WOW!!!! LOVE IT!!! Actually suprised you took off the rear emblem though....thats my favorite part of the the DTS....has the biggest emblem of any cadillac car.
    Anyway, ive been wanting to black out some of my chrome...any suggestions? Do it right and take it to a body shop? How do i know which one knows what therye doing?

Just saw your posts - thanks for the kind words.

Problem with the rear emblem was, when I Blacked-out the lower chrome strip, the emblem no longer looked 'centered'. So I took the emblem off... sure enough - there were f-ing guide pins on the back. Had to remove the trunklid, weld the holes shut, and re-shoot the trunk.

As for all the trim - that was a HUGE PITA. Some comes off (to paint) and some doesn't. Ended up taping off the whole car and putting it in a booth.

Phatalac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LUX III

Any more pictures of your blacked out lac? i have your car as my desktop back ground.

texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2012 DTS Platinum.

The last of great line. Its a travesty they are going to stop producing this line. Made me mad I had to actually install a rear camera. Even on the Platinum it isn't included.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.