DTS owners show us your ride! - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS owners show us your ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Michael Myrlin Attachment 82445 My stepfather bought this car for my mom. She recently passed away and ...
    KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Re: DTS owners check in!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Myrlin View Post
    Attachment 82445 My stepfather bought this car for my mom. She recently passed away and I bought the car from my siblings to remind me of her. Everytime I get in it I think of her. I have three teenagers and didn't need a luxury car at this point in my life but I am so glad I bought it. It is a beauty and makes me feel like a million bucks. It only had 18.000 miles on it and had been to the dealer for all the oil and maintenance work as sheduleded. I love, love, love my Caddy....
    Very nice car. What color is it? It's really similar to the Blue Ice Metallic on my '05 Deville.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

What with the stuff they put on the roads here, winter rims are as important as winter tires. I hate the "black steel" that many folks are happy to be seen with, so got myself a decent pair.

The original wheels were chrome, now stored for the winter, and I'm really pleased with the way these new aluminum ones look, almost as bright as chrome. TireRack was great to deal with, and I saved $700 by having them shipped to a US address and picking them up, instead of buying the wheel package here in Canada. The Alpin PA3s were $205 each, which here is less than the wholesale price.

caddy's winter boots 2.JPG

caddy's winter boots 1.JPG

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: DTS owners show us your ride!

It was a nice day today, so the DTS got a rest and the Eldorado got to come out.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

That Eldo looks like it got the Maguire Ultimate Detailing spray treatment - great job!

chazdts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

06DTS.JPG
    Here is my 06 DTS. I bought it about 10 days ago and I love it

REVELATION13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

DTS owners check in! 06 DTS

My 06 DTS Lowered Eibach Springs ,1" wheel spacers,black front mesh grill, tinted front windshield,tinted tail light film and working on swapping my XM antenna to the new shark fin style.
    Attached Images
    Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    That looks nice. I know you must catch a lot of flak from the police for that tint on the window. You've renewed interest in me getting my wheel well filled up.

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    That looks nice. I know you must catch a lot of flak from the police for that tint on the window. You've renewed interest in me getting my wheel well filled up.
    Not yet ! (knocks on wood) its tinted medium on the back and sides and the front is light , if you tint light all the way around it looks nice and not dark .

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by cardio-doc View Post
    2009 DTS Performance with all options including Tehama Leather, custom Piano-Black Lacquer wood interior, custom Black suede headliner, custom Piano-Black Lacquer wood steering wheel, all trim Blacked-out, Rear emblem removed (holes welded shut), custom grill, taillights, slotted brakes, XLR-V wheels.

WOW!!!! LOVE IT!!! Actually suprised you took off the rear emblem though....thats my favorite part of the the DTS....has the biggest emblem of any cadillac car.
    Anyway, ive been wanting to black out some of my chrome...any suggestions? Do it right and take it to a body shop? How do i know which one knows what therye doing?

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium

Gomaz, Gomaz, 1locoeng and 3 others like this.

1locoeng is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 deville dhs

Re: DTS owners check in! 06 DTS

Looks tight do you have a link for the grill please?

Re: DTS owners check in! 06 DTS

DSC00345 copy.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 1locoeng View Post
    Looks tight do you have a link for the grill please?

http://trexbillet.com/cart/index.php...roducts_id=681

I painted the mesh only semi gloss with a can of automobile spray paint (krylon or rustoleum) from Lowes .

Also i did not use the back plate it looks tacky unless if you paint it black.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Is it a stock installation or did you have to do something special to install it? Also does that back plate remove easily or did you use the one from the stock grill? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    Is it a stock installation or did you have to do something special to install it? Also does that back plate remove easily or did you use the one from the stock grill? Thanks in advance.
    Easy install ,no extra parts needed. I used the same crest and a new shield emblem because mine was all chipped from freeway rocks, i ended up taking the old shield off my old grill with a heat gun or blow dryer. I used 3m double sided tape to stick it back on the new mesh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1300

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.