Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS owners show us your ride!

501K views 1K replies 325 participants last post by  1FINEDTS 
#1 ·
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)

#366 · (Edited)
I bought this 2008 Performance Platinum with 43k at CarMax last Thursday night in a miserably cold rain. After acting a day late 3 times over DTSs I'd found on Cars.com and Autotrader.com, I tried Truecar.com again on a whim. Their pages don't work well on dialup, so I hadn't checked there since February. The car was in Florida, between Boca Raton and West Palm Beach. They shipped it to their Greensboro store, 25 miles from me, for $349, non-refundable. It had been in Michigan for 5 years before.

I would probably have been happy with either a Premium or Performance model, but I just didn't like the dark wood. Anyone want some new 245/50R18 Bridgestones? It took me 5 years to wear out the cheapo Firestones on my DeVille. I don't think I'll put up with second rate tires that long again.
At this point, I've done nothing to it but clean the interior a bit. Carmax cleaned it pretty well, except for one of the rear mats. There are also water spots on the back side of the clock's glass. Some of the color has rubbed off the leather on the driver's seat. Wish there was a way to fix that cheaply. The front of the sunroof doesn't quite go up as far as the roof, so there's a little wind noise at 70 mph.

Edit: thanks to this forum, I figured out how to adjust my sunroof so it's flush with the roof. Tomorrow I will find out if the wind noise disappears.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Cadillac dts Luxury vehicle

#372 ·
:yup: View attachment 106597 Better late than never...here is mine,

Traded my last DTS for this one. Did a lot of searching, throughout I was wanting a much later model DTS, but my main concern was one with less mileage. The 06 had 124000 on it, and it still ran great, but still made me a bit nervous. Time to give itto somebody else.:getaway:.After looking at 09 and 10 models I found 07 with 56000 on the clock. I couldn't see paying thedifference in price for the what is the same car to the tee, with the same mileage, same options, the only difference was theupdated Onstar system, and the somewhat cool shark fin antenna. with trade I made out under blue book.

#380 ·
:yup:Better late than never...here is mine,

Traded my last DTS for this one. Did a lot of searching, throughout I was wanting a much later model DTS, but my main concern was one with less mileage. The 06 had 124000 on it, and it still ran great, but still made me a bit nervous. Time to give itto somebody else.:getaway:.After looking at 09 and 10 models I found 07 with 56000 on the clock. I couldn't see paying thedifference in price for the what is the same car to the tee, with the same mileage, same options, the only difference was theupdated Onstar system, and the somewhat cool shark fin antenna. with trade I made out under blue book.
That is a real beauty. I'm jealous. :)

#375 ·
Re: DTS owners check in!

Two weeks ago I bought this 2009 DTS. I'm not sure what option it is, but its got all the things I needed. Power sunroof, check. SiriusXM radio, check. Chrome rims, check. Decent tread on the Michelin tires, check. Low mileage, 18K, check. Most everything else that I like, leather power... is included.

My old 03 Deville was giving me sounds that the car wasn't in it for the long haul. I thought I'd upgrade if I could find the right one. I checked on Autotrader, and Cars.com. Craigslist. Kept looking til I found the right one, and close enough to home so I could go and test drive it.

Users have mentioned the antenna. I find that this kind is far superior to the one on my last car. It was an aftermarket installed Kenwood. I'm not sure if its the placement on the vehicle, or the antenna type, but you only loose signal when you go through a tunnel. I'm still able to get my Sirius in parking lots, and at the ATMs.

I love the chrome rims. I only wish that I had known that you have to go touchless at the car wash, or risk the chrome. I marred mine, but its not bad. (Not pictured.)

Attachments

#376 ·
maybeenuf4u said:
Two weeks ago I bought this 2009 DTS. I'm not sure what option it is, but its got all the things I needed. Power sunroof, check. SiriusXM radio, check. Chrome rims, check. Decent tread on the Michelin tires, check. Low mileage, 18K, check. Most everything else that I like, leather power... is included.

My old 03 Deville was giving me sounds that the car wasn't in it for the long haul. I thought I'd upgrade if I could find the right one. I checked on Autotrader, and Cars.com. Craigslist. Kept looking til I found the right one, and close enough to home so I could go and test drive it.

Users have mentioned the antenna. I find that this kind is far superior to the one on my last car. It was an aftermarket installed Kenwood. I'm not sure if its the placement on the vehicle, or the antenna type, but you only loose signal when you go through a tunnel. I'm still able to get my Sirius in parking lots, and at the ATMs.

I love the chrome rims. I only wish that I had known that you have to go touchless at the car wash, or risk the chrome. I marred mine, but its not bad. (Not pictured.)
Love the color Same as my last DTS. Nice

#382 ·
Hey!

New to the forums so how else would I go about properly introducing myself other than posting a pic of my 2001 Deville DTS!

Bought it bare and have since added 5% tint all around, 20" chrome wheels, HID lo/hi beams, and 2 Memphis Audio 12's.

EDIT: Im retarded. Just realized its 06 and newer.. DAMN it. Better luck next time...

Attachments

#384 ·
Hey!

New to the forums so how else would I go about properly introducing myself other than posting a pic of my 2001 Deville DTS!
Bought it bare and have since added 5% tint all around, 20" chrome wheels, HID lo/hi beams, and 2 Memphis Audio 12's.

EDIT: Im retarded. Just realized its 06 and newer.. DAMN it. Better luck next time...
That's a beautiful automobile... :)