Says Detroit News: DTS is a hit, miss - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Says Detroit News: DTS is a hit, miss in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The interior of the Lucerne and the DTS are much differant. In person these cars look great but the Cadillac ...
    GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Re: Says Detroit News: DTS is a hit, miss

The interior of the Lucerne and the DTS are much differant. In person these cars look great but the Cadillac just looks like its two steps higher up. This is worthy of being the sedan flagship. Maybe you guys are just glancing at the pictures quickly but if you "look" at them the interiors are much differant but have a similar trait...they're big.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I'm 16, I own a '83 Coupe Deville and a '90 Brougham d'Elegance.(and all of my teenage friends also love my caddys) I deeply love HUGE Cadillacs and I don't give a fu*k what anybody says Cadillacs are simply the best cars ever. sure, some other makes have a few more goodies to play with but Cadillac has something that no other car on God's great earth has, soul.

I would never be able to have anything else but a Cadillac as my main car, I would simply die, I need Cadillacs like I need air, any benz or beemer just won't cut it.

Lastly, only a dumba*s would say that only old people drive big Caddys, I mean look at pop culture.(for those of you who know who these people are) Snoop Dogg has like 20 BIG older Cadillacs, Ludacris has a "pimped out" dark green 2000 Deville, and a 1999 Escalade, the drumer for "blink 182" Travis Barker has a 2002 Escalade or something, and also has "Cadillac" tattooed down his side, and the crest on his chest. There are countless more that I will not mention because of time, but you get my point. Any questions?

flht99b is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I recently bought my wife an '06 black on black DTS Performance sedan. We looked at and drove the Buick Lucerne CXS, Infinity M45 Sport, Lexus LS430 and STS V8 2 and all wheel drive models. Hands down the Cadillacs were superior to their japanese counterparts and my wife preferred the DTS over STS for size and seat comfort. The Buick Lucerne CXS is a tremendous value for the money but the DTS performance sedan is worth the extra 10K.

slc
    slc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

((( The Cadillac is not only cheaper to buy but to maintain. The Benzs were bleeding me dry in maintenance. I really would miss the big Cadillacs if they ever decided not to make them. )))

Well, almost everytime I have work done on my Caddy, the bill is almost always around $1200. And I have a 98. The newer models have ride control traction control amoung a mountian of new technology thats gonna cost a bucket of money when they go bad.

I'm a boomer and I think he hit it on the head. I have to agree with my mechanic who says Cadillac has bitten off more that they will be able to chew. The cars are filled to the brim with new technology, and, in case you have not noticed in the past, GM's test ground is YOU the consumer. When GMs new toys break, you will pay either in lost time or no warrantee repairs.

The style is for the individual to decide if they like or not but I think they have gone in the wrong direction. But there are a whole lot of other things that make my decision what it is.

Time will test the wiseness of Caddilacs engineers and the ability of the complicated systems to take the abuse of the owners as well as just plain normal wear and tear.

Remember, just because the name CADILLAC is on the part, the price DOUBLES.

Now about now you probably think I hate Cadillacs, not the case. I really enjoy mine but I worked in a technical work evironment where it was proven every day that puting high technology in places where a simpler solution may have done the job as well often ended up in failures and great expense to repair.

The other thing that bothers me, is Cadillac has had another attack of the CIMARRON AFFECT.

Don't know what that is. Well GM likes to rubber stamp cars/trucks to another brand with the same bodies/engines/suspensions and price accordingly. You could be buying a Buick, paying twice as much as you would for a chevy twin.

Cadillac now has the Chevy Truck and the GMC Yukon, oh, yes they do have politically correct Cadillac names, BUT THEY ARE CIMMARRON AFFECT!!!

Well, I cast my vote with the guy reveiwer. He made more sense while the gal seemed to have goo goo eyes for the luxury vehicle they tested.

Ok, let me slip into my asbestous suit for your replys

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Quote Originally Posted by slc
    ((( The Cadillac is not only cheaper to buy but to maintain. The Benzs were bleeding me dry in maintenance. I really would miss the big Cadillacs if they ever decided not to make them. )))

Well, almost everytime I have work done on my Caddy, the bill is almost always around $1200. And I have a 98. The newer models have ride control traction control amoung a mountian of new technology thats gonna cost a bucket of money when they go bad.

I'm a boomer and I think he hit it on the head. I have to agree with my mechanic who says Cadillac has bitten off more that they will be able to chew. The cars are filled to the brim with new technology, and, in case you have not noticed in the past, GM's test ground is YOU the consumer. When GMs new toys break, you will pay either in lost time or no warrantee repairs.

The style is for the individual to decide if they like or not but I think they have gone in the wrong direction. But there are a whole lot of other things that make my decision what it is.

Time will test the wiseness of Caddilacs engineers and the ability of the complicated systems to take the abuse of the owners as well as just plain normal wear and tear.

Remember, just because the name CADILLAC is on the part, the price DOUBLES.

Now about now you probably think I hate Cadillacs, not the case. I really enjoy mine but I worked in a technical work evironment where it was proven every day that puting high technology in places where a simpler solution may have done the job as well often ended up in failures and great expense to repair.

The other thing that bothers me, is Cadillac has had another attack of the CIMARRON AFFECT.

Don't know what that is. Well GM likes to rubber stamp cars/trucks to another brand with the same bodies/engines/suspensions and price accordingly. You could be buying a Buick, paying twice as much as you would for a chevy twin.

Cadillac now has the Chevy Truck and the GMC Yukon, oh, yes they do have politically correct Cadillac names, BUT THEY ARE CIMMARRON AFFECT!!!

Well, I cast my vote with the guy reveiwer. He made more sense while the gal seemed to have goo goo eyes for the luxury vehicle they tested.

Ok, let me slip into my asbestous suit for your replys
    Very true about parts being twice as much as almost indentical GM makers.

I remember using Olds Toronado parts on my 81 Eldorado and saving about 30-50% on some parts.

As far as the consumer being the test bed for new "gadgets", you are ablsolutley rite again. The time they take to test these gadgets is by no mean real world. It cant be. There is no time to test "real world".

Sucks but such is life and automobiles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.