2007 DTS L-2 I think VIN says Performance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sanyo3
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 DTS L-2 I think VIN says Performance in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2007 DTS that i have a small issue with that. I was going to change the rear ...
    Sanyo3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Performance, 2003 DeVille

2007 DTS L-2 I think VIN says Performance

I have a 2007 DTS that i have a small issue with that.
    I was going to change the rear shocks yesterday and after pulling one off, found I hd purchased the incorrect ones. Put the old one back on and now I have a Service Suspension System showing on the dash.
    Did not have this previously but I do now. Nothing was wrong with the the shock other than me thinking they were wore out. I took great care to make sure I plugged the airline back in correctly and the connection on top of the shock. Just wondering if I can make that message go away until I get the correct shocks for this car?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I took off the battery cables and held them together for 5 seconds or so as I have read
    in other posts but that did not do the trick.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: 2007 DTS L-2 I think VIN says Performance

If everything is plugged back into the shock correctly, it shouldn't have the message... but you knew that already...
    My guess is it LOOKS like it is plugged in, but maybe it isn't.

If it's a Performance model... the 8th digit of the VIN will be a 9...
    If it's NOT a Performance, the 8th digit will be a Y...

tjwhite721 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo3 View Post
    I have a 2007 DTS that i have a small issue with that.
    I was going to change the rear shocks yesterday and after pulling one off, found I hd purchased the incorrect ones. Put the old one back on and now I have a Service Suspension System showing on the dash.
    Did not have this previously but I do now. Nothing was wrong with the the shock other than me thinking they were wore out. I took great care to make sure I plugged the airline back in correctly and the connection on top of the shock. Just wondering if I can make that message go away until I get the correct shocks for this car?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I took off the battery cables and held them together for 5 seconds or so as I have read
    in other posts but that did not do the trick.

Any suggestions?
    Have it scanned to see what exactly triggered it so you can pin point it around the shock area. It might be something else too.

I dont recall but can you pull the codes in a 2007 like you could in the 2003's on the dashboard? It wil read out all of your codes for you.

----------

Oh, Thanks tjwhite721

----------

8th digit is a 9 Superjim so it is a Performance.
    I will go and make sure I am plugged back in on top of the shock just to be sure like you say.

----------

`ok, so now I feel totally dumb
    Thought I had done the tug test on that plug on top of the shock but when I did it this time it came right off. I thought I had heard the click of the lkeeper when I pushed it down but I guess not. I sure did this time and tried my best to pull it off again this time. It did not move at all. No more message on Display Center.
    This is why I come to this site because you guys have all the good answers for us.
    Thanks again for the assist on this minor problem.
    Now on to the search for the correct shocks for this guy.
    Any suggestions along that line that would help. Probably talking a few hundred for the manetic ride but they are needed I think. When I push down on the back end, it bounces about 5 times before it stops and when I hit some bumps it will jump to one side or the other. I think passenger side is the one that is really bad but you always change these guys in pairs anyway.

Thanks again Superjim.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo3 View Post
    8th digit is a 9 Superjim so it is a Performance.
    I will go and make sure I am plugged back in on top of the shock just to be sure like you say.

ok, so now I feel totally dumb
    Thought I had done the tug test on that plug on top of the shock but when I did it this time it came right off. I thought I had heard the click of the lkeeper when I pushed it down but I guess not. I sure did this time and tried my best to pull it off again this time. It did not move at all. No more message on Display Center.
    This is why I come to this site because you guys have all the good answers for us.
    Thanks again for the assist on this minor problem.
    Now on to the search for the correct shocks for this guy.
    Any suggestions along that line that would help. Probably talking a few hundred for the manetic ride but they are needed I think. When I push down on the back end, it bounces about 5 times before it stops and when I hit some bumps it will jump to one side or the other. I think passenger side is the one that is really bad but you always change these guys in pairs anyway.

Thanks again Superjim.
    I might be tempted to cheat and go by my dealer and get the correct part numbers and then check with rockauto.com or on Amazon.
    Also don't forget Rippy Cadillac... one of our sponsors... their ad is on the right side of the page.
    Amazon only has this one but not the other side.
    http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-504-15...eywords=504156

www.Rockauto.com has both...Part number 504156 and 504157
    379 each.

Awesome info Superjim.
    Thanks again and that message did go away once I made real sure the plug was seated and locked in place
    Superjim likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.