Tire monitor system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Tire monitor system in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I bought a 2007 DTS from a pvt party in September, they told me that the "Service tire monitor system" ...
    jchakos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002

Exclamation Tire monitor system

I bought a 2007 DTS from a pvt party in September, they told me that the "Service tire monitor system" indicator was on because the left front tire needed a new sensor, I took it to Americas Tire, where I buy my tires,
    they used an instrument to read each tire and said I needed all four sensors replaced, $330.00, the batteries
    alone cannot be replaced.
    I have been working on cars for 60 yrs, it is not likely that all four sensor batteries wentbad simultaneously.
    I just replaced a 2002 STS with this car, it had the original batteries in all four tires. There has to be a common control that causes a false reading, I would not mind disabling the system if it stops coming on everytime a start the car. I can check my tires
    manually.
    HELP!
    JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Tire monitor system

Your thread will receive no input from the Site news and registration forums. please read the descriptive text in each forum header to find out what is supposed to be posted there.

Moved to the proper DTS Forum.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by jchakos View Post
    I bought a 2007 DTS from a pvt party in September, they told me that the "Service tire monitor system" indicator was on because the left front tire needed a new sensor, I took it to Americas Tire, where I buy my tires,
    they used an instrument to read each tire and said I needed all four sensors replaced, $330.00, the batteries
    alone cannot be replaced.
    I have been working on cars for 60 yrs, it is not likely that all four sensor batteries wentbad simultaneously.
    I just replaced a 2002 STS with this car, it had the original batteries in all four tires. There has to be a common control that causes a false reading, I would not mind disabling the system if it stops coming on everytime a start the car. I can check my tires
    manually.
    HELP!
    JC
    I would be willing to make a small wager that all four sensors ARE NOT bad, all at the same time.
    I would take it to a different tire place... maybe Discount Tire or NTB, if there is one in your area.
    That's also kinda high priced for replacing the sensors... I had one replaced in my 2006 at my local Discount tire and it was about 50 bucks, installed.

Tom52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LUX III

I recently replaced a four tire sensors on my 2006 DTS at Discount Tire. Total was $200 plus tax which included rebalancing a four tires and rotation. One of mine was bad so I figured the rest were probably not far behind. The Cadillac dealer wanted $135 to replace the one defective unit and they also claimed the valve stem would not be the same chrome type as original. The 4 new units from Discount tire are chrome like original.

Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

I ordered the Dorman brand from Amazon and replaced all four for less than $27 ea. I had new tires put on and the tire company replaced them at that time. I relearn them myself using the car system. No problem for six months now.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    I had to get all of mine done at the dealer, the new part number had black stems instead of chrome ones.

ltdltc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Performance Sport Wagon

If you remove all 4 tires while the car is off the TPMS light won't go on but the message will still show up in the DIC. Also keep the rims with the sensor away from the car so it cannot be read by the car when you turn it on. I ran my car for a while without TPMS and no annoying bright yellow light.

Depending on the age of your car the sensors batteries may be at the end of their useful life.

maxx9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

I have a 2006 DTS Performance and I replaced the two fronts and it cost me about 180.00 They are not cheap and I have been told that the batteries are only supposed to be good for about 4 years

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by maxx9000 View Post
    I have a 2006 DTS Performance and I replaced the two fronts and it cost me about 180.00 They are not cheap and I have been told that the batteries are only supposed to be good for about 4 years
    Mine have all been replaced... one at a time...
    The batteries lasted between 4 and 6 years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.