need battery?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, need battery? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; good morning! My car battery is about 3 years old. i read that only 30% of batteries make it to ...
    Maunus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

need battery?

good morning! My car battery is about 3 years old. i read that only 30% of batteries make it to 4 years. i do NOT wish to break down in the winter, last winter was weeks below zero. would rather pay now than have to get towed.

does it seem reasonable to get a new battery NOW?

if so, which one?

2008 DTS, i THINK original was a/c delco. i hear that lots of batteries with different names are made by the same company!

battery is under back seat.

THANKS GUYS!
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CBOYLE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: need battery?

AC Delco.....Prices at dealers are very good.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I replaced mine in the spring of 2012...it was still working fine, but I was fixing to go on a 10,000 mile trip and didn't want to get stranded on the road somewhere.

Here is some pretty good info on batteries...

http://batteryfaq.org/

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

3 years is a bit premature. I do the batteries in the car and trucks at 5 years. Your car takes a ?? Group 79 ?? battery with at least an 800 CCA rating - higher is better (more starting punch). I'm currently running Exide batteries in 3 vehicles and have no electrical problems. Make very sure the battery vent manifold is properly connected and that the drain tube goes through the floor pan. Any vapor leaks there and you can expect holes in the floor in a fairly short time. Check the cleanliness and tightness of the negative cable ground stud connection.

As does Superjim, I change batteries before the problems start.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    2008 does not take group 79 is 94 that is the first years they change it. terminal on top instead of the side.

Maunus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

thanks guys! i will not do that by myself. can i trust advance auto parts to do it? or should i get a real mechanic? thanks for the article, i will read it right now

Bob

ltdltc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Performance Sport Wagon

Its easy to change. Lift back seat up, unbolt battery, put new one in and connect then reinstall seat.

I like Duralast Gold batteries. Good warranty and Autozones are everywhere.

Also you can connect a trickle charger to the under hood positive terminal and care for the battery you have now.

jazoo is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I replaced mine in May, 2012. My old battery died while we were visiting Sarasota, Florida. So I called AAA for towing, they suggested to replace it with AAA battery. It comes with 72-month warranty (36 months free replacement + 36 months prorated Replacement Cost). We live in the South and I'm hoping it would last 5-6 years. I ended up paying ~$150.00 for this battery.

DrainSurgeon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

My original AC Delco (2000 DeVille) lasted 9 thats NINE YEARS! So, I purchased another Delco thinking.....well it didn't. This one lasted 5 years. One of my son in laws in a mechanic and said the Delcos that came with new cars were special indeed. He's seen several go 8-9 years. Any one know what was so special with factory batteries? I thought I found a battery for life! LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.