Square Key Fobs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlueAngel#07
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Square Key Fobs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know if the newer square-shaped key fobs will work with my 2006 Cadillac DTS? My car came with ...
    showcoach97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Square Key Fobs

Does anyone know if the newer square-shaped key fobs will work with my 2006 Cadillac DTS? My car came with one of the more "rounded" key fobs that looks like most GM cars come with but the newer square-shaped key fob looks more my style. Thanks for your replies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brucehammond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS, 2013 ATS 2.5
    Yes they work great! and look good too

Re: Square Key Fobs

Did you buy the GM Smart Key 5-button remote, without the GM Smart Key Insert Blade?

Where did you find yours and how much did they cost? Do you know if they are available on EBay or Amazon?

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by showcoach97
    Did you buy the GM Smart Key 5-button remote, without the GM Smart Key Insert Blade? Where did you find yours and how much did they cost? Do you know if they are available on EBay or Amazon?
    From what I understood the one with the blade does not work. The one without does.
    I switched to them they have better range and work very well.
    RobsDeville likes this.

No blade ebay 60 bucks for the pair. My car has remote start so I got the one with that button

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR, 2011 CTS4 Premium

Weird..when I look on Ebay for square Cadillac fobs there's a spot where you put in year, make and model and it says not compatible for 2006 DTS. Will these still work for my car?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-NEW-REPLACE...tem20d4843fc1&

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilleDeeman
    Weird..when I look on Ebay for square Cadillac fobs there's a spot where you put in year, make and model and it says not compatible for 2006 DTS. Will these still work for my car? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-NEW-REPLACE...tem20d4843fc1&
    I had bought those for my 07 off the same site (EBAY) , they look better than the old. Used the same guide and asked dealer if they would work, he went on to tell me that they had different frequencies. they both said no, ordered anyway.... You guessed it worked better than the ones that came with the car.
    The 06 and 07 used the same fobs and I am certain because I took one from my 06 to use for my 07 since it did not have one. So if the OEM worked from the 06 for the 07 and the square fob worked on the 07 the square fob should worked on a 06.

They work fine.

Just bought two of the square shaped fobs. I will post when I get them programmed

RobsDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 Concours, 2007 DTS Performance, 2008 DTS Platinum Perf.

Can confirm: The blade key will NOT work.

Does not even work with my 08 DTS that comes with the square non-blade key

Thanks RobsDeville! I am still awaiting my square-shaped key fobs. I bought the non-bladed key fobs, just like the ones that came with your 2008 DTS. I can't wait to get them. Thanks for the confirmation.

Received my square key fobs on today. Programmed them and had an issue with one of the remotes. I had an issue with the trunk button not working at all. I opened the cartridge and found that the plastic trunk button was not making contact with the rubber button underneath. Added a little piece of card board and now all is well.

I bought the pair of key fobs from a seller on Ebay but the fobs didn't have the Cadillac emblem on them. Paid $85 for them but i guess when you don't go to the dealer, you have to accept what you get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.