06 DTS Bench Seat Option - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 06 DTS Bench Seat Option in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Frankly, bench seats remind me of something an old fart would drive around. At 57 I still don't consider myself ...
    ussyorktown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 06 DTS Bench Seat Option

Frankly, bench seats remind me of something an old fart would drive around. At 57 I still don't consider myself an old fart! I think I would have to reject a Caddy with long bench seats. I also notice then I often times put my hand on the gear shift on my current ride (an Infiniti 1994) so I would miss not having that in the new (or 'previously loved') Caddy I'll be buying this year.

HOOD ORNAMENT...isn't there something after market you can buy and put on or does that look like too much BLING BLING?

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

The REAL DTSs prior to the 2006 never had a hood ornament. The ornaments only came on the floater models. Glad they didn't junk up this combined (all old DeVille models merged into one) with an extra piece of chrome to clutter up the car.

I understand the problem. My dad who has owned DeVilles for years always commented on how plain my DTS versions looked. Of course he always had cloth tops, fender skirts on a couple, extra stainless band around the bottom on a couple and of course hood ornaments (which always seemed to be broken or missing about half the time) and other clutter.

Think it's a generational thing.

ussyorktown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bling bling.
    It is also a regional thing, me thinks.

I used to live in Los Angeles and had a very chromy Eldorado and DeVille. Such cars were common in LA in the 80s and 90s.

I moved to Portland Oregon and people are ashame to show chrome on their cars or drive anything bigger than a Ford or toyota. I DID see a real estate lady in a chromy Mercedes putting up her signs on Sunday.

So, LA, lots of chrome and bling and other places---less so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.