Convertible Tops from Vogue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Convertible Tops from Vogue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; They are available now!...
    Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Convertible Tops from Vogue

They are available now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: Convertible Tops from Vogue

Eww....knew it had to come sooner or later, but will people PLEASE get some taste and stop putting those stupid things on?!?

I have no problem with the Vogue tires, as they still look quite nice when on some kind of Caddy/Buick/Lincoln, but the tops are awful.

Then again, I guess it's not as bad as doing it to a CTS....or a whole flock of new Malibu's and Impala's like the local Chevy dealer did this past spring....

05STSon21s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I Agree a 100%!! i can get in to the cloth tops on older cadis i think they look clean on them but i HATE THESE TOPS on the new line of cadillacs! The new cadillacs look very sporty modern ect you dont see these tops on BMW and Benz ect.. Just my 2 cents and to each their own if you like them.. but me i hate them on new cadillacs! Just the other day at the dealership i saw a new STS with a hood emblem YUCK!

Lac DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    Eww....knew it had to come sooner or later, but will people PLEASE get some taste and stop putting those stupid things on?!?

I have no problem with the Vogue tires, as they still look quite nice when on some kind of Caddy/Buick/Lincoln, but the tops are awful.

Then again, I guess it's not as bad as doing it to a CTS....or a whole flock of new Malibu's and Impala's like the local Chevy dealer did this past spring....
    Not "Eww" but EEEwwww... That is the most uglest DTS i've ever seen, hands down... maybe he will hit it...

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Thumbs down Re: Convertible Tops from Vogue

The top makes something new look old.

05STSon21s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree it does make something new look very old.. LOL and i thought i was the only one who did not like the tops

I think some people, most notably those from an older generation, tend to be stuck in their ways of what they like--the example here being the same old custom roof they've "had on every car they've ever owned." Okay, fine, but this isn't the 60's or 70's anymore, and doing things like this to a NEW Caddy is just as disgusting as it would be to put a purple canvas top on your new BMW....it just DOESN'T happen.

What people like is their business, but this should be a crime, really....against violating onlooker's eyes!

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

This is the kind of vulgar tack-on that got Cadillac in trouble in the first place. All those Acura, Mercedes, BMW etc. buyers are doing so because THIS is the image of Cadillac they have in thier minds. Cadillac and GM have worked long and hard to overcome this.

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee
    This is the kind of vulgar tack-on that got Cadillac in trouble in the first place. All those Acura, Mercedes, BMW etc. buyers are doing so because THIS is the image of Cadillac they have in thier minds. Cadillac and GM have worked long and hard to overcome this.
    Exactly. The problem is, even when automakers have taken moves to try and stop dealers from installing anything so ugly on their cars, like Lincoln tried to mandate when the LS came out, the buyers that came in were the "same old folk" who liked the new smaller Lincoln and MADE SURE that they could get their favorite gawdy canvas roof and trunk luggage rack on it before they signed on the dotted line....so, in effect, dealers had to do what the customers wanted so they could sell the cars.

Same thing with the Chrysler 300, the higher ups at DC commenting to dealers NOT to do such a thing to their car, but once the buyers lined up and started wanting fake roofs and stick-on chrome trim, they happily abliged.

Won't be until some people GET some taste that things like this will continue....

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Ormond
    The top makes something new look old.
    Yes. But old models of 60's, 70's and 80's look better than new ones, don't them?

upstate is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Aside from the looks. I've driven at least three Caddys with these tops, 91, 93, 99 and they are considerably more noisy at highway speeds. Alot more wind noise. So if you are on the fence think about the quiet ride that you will lose.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    Exactly. The problem is, even when automakers have taken moves to try and stop dealers from installing anything so ugly on their cars, like Lincoln tried to mandate when the LS came out, the buyers that came in were the "same old folk" who liked the new smaller Lincoln and MADE SURE that they could get their favorite gawdy canvas roof and trunk luggage rack on it before they signed on the dotted line....so, in effect, dealers had to do what the customers wanted so they could sell the cars.

Same thing with the Chrysler 300, the higher ups at DC commenting to dealers NOT to do such a thing to their car, but once the buyers lined up and started wanting fake roofs and stick-on chrome trim, they happily abliged.

Won't be until some people GET some taste that things like this will continue....

You're right about this. I also know that the profit margin on these accessories is enormous and therefore attractive to the dealer. The profit to the dealer on new cars is so slim today that they often need something to help pay the bills. And in the 90's especially, alot of older Cadillac customers didn't like the new designs very much. These vinyl roofs, big white walls, and gold "jewlery" was the way to keep them happy. Thanks to the new designs, the median age of Cadillac buyers is lower now. I do see this kind of resale-killing decoration on newer Cadillacs from time to time, but only a fraction of the number I did 4-8 years ago.

STSOnly is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That top looks bad. Those tops make Cadillacs look like cars for the elderly. For example, I went to the stealership to get some parts for my '99 STS and I saw a 1996 Sable Black on black DeVille Concours with NO TOP and boy did it look sharp. Of course, I didn't really notice how nice this car looked because I'm so used to seeing 1994-1996 DeVilles with those ugly tops. Those tops mess up all the 90s on up Cadillacs and some 80s: 1986-2004 Sevilles, 198?-2005 DeVilles, 1986-2002 Eldorados, Cateras, CTSs. STSs. They look plain bad.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

The only thing tackier would be to add a fake Rolls Royce grille and a continental kit.

TrailblazerSS90 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 05STSon21s
    I Agree a 100%!! i can get in to the cloth tops on older cadis i think they look clean on them but i HATE THESE TOPS on the new line of cadillacs! The new cadillacs look very sporty modern ect you dont see these tops on BMW and Benz ect.. Just my 2 cents and to each their own if you like them.. but me i hate them on new cadillacs! Just the other day at the dealership i saw a new STS with a hood emblem YUCK!
    I do agree that the tops look really bad on the DTS. I also can say i have seen a couple or BMW's and Mercedes were i live with the fake convertible tops

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.