Convertible Tops from Vogue - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Convertible Tops from Vogue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Oh man, just went by my local dealer and there it was, new DTS with the cloth top. Sure enough, ...
    Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

Re: Convertible Tops from Vogue

Oh man, just went by my local dealer and there it was, new DTS with the cloth top. Sure enough, elderly couple and one slippery looking salesman staring right at it. That is why they do it.

greenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i guess im one of the few people that like them and im 22 years old. i like the way the white one looks above the black one isn't to appealing i wouldn't call it ugly though

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I think the top looks good on the black one. I'm not saying that every new caddy that rolls out of the factory needs a top, and I have seen some really tacky yuppie a*s candy red/white diamond and tan top '90s caddys out there and yes it looks like sh*t. especially with a luggage rack. But if done right(like the black one) it adds class to something that can too easily look like hardly anything more than another egg shape thing with leather seats.(sorry Cadillac) But I do think that the tops should only be put on full size caddys their not made for anything you want to look sporty. I love the '78-'79 Phaeton, I think the top on that car looked amazing, way better than on any newer caddy. But I still say if done right it looks good.(without the d*mn luggage rack)

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

[quote=caddycruiser]I know....the scariest part of it all

I just wish SOMEONE here who likes them and would readily buy, say, a new '06 DTS and pay to have one of the nasty rags tacked and glued on to their once perfectly painted roof, would say WHY. quote]

Uh, probably becasue THEY LIKE THEM and THEY CAN.

Get over it.

NIK
    NIK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V

[quote=STS 310]
    Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    I know....the scariest part of it all

I just wish SOMEONE here who likes them and would readily buy, say, a new '06 DTS and pay to have one of the nasty rags tacked and glued on to their once perfectly painted roof, would say WHY. quote]

Uh, probably becasue THEY LIKE THEM and THEY CAN.

Get over it.
    Amen, brother! In whose eyes are they "dated?" I personally wouldn't put one on a new car, but who's to say what one should like or dislike. Like somebody said, somebody's buying them, so there's still a market out there. If you don't like it, don't buy it - it's that simple! Hell, if I had my way, cars would still look like circa 1964 - 1968. I simply don't like the direction of styling on the current line of cars and I'm afraid they're all going to look like cartoon cars in the near future - there's quite a few of them out there already (VW Bug, 300-C, PT Cruiser come to mind.)

Just my $.02.

bicentennialcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '76 Fleetwood Brougham, '79 Sedan deVille

That's horrible.

The '71-'92 Fleetwood/Broughams don't look right without a top, but the look is abominable on the new cars.

Cadillac should banish Vogue from their dealerships; it's ridiculous.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Quote Originally Posted by bicentennialcadillac
    That's horrible.

The '71-'92 Fleetwood/Broughams don't look right without a top, but the look is abominable on the new cars.

Cadillac should banish Vogue from their dealerships; it's ridiculous.
    Its a good thing you dont work for Cad.

Stick to your day job.

Not saying I like the top, but If kids and seniors like donuts, IMA SELL THEM....

bicentennialcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '76 Fleetwood Brougham, '79 Sedan deVille

Quote Originally Posted by STS 310
    Its a good thing you dont work for Cad.

Stick to your day job.

Not saying I like the top, but If kids and seniors like donuts, IMA SELL THEM....
    There are plenty of people working at Cadillac to rebuild the brand's image, and this stuff goes a long way toward destroying that work. The Vogued-up cars look like someone crashed them through a JC Whitney warehouse, and that's not the image Cadillac needs.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by bicentennialcadillac
    There are plenty of people working at Cadillac to rebuild the brand's image, and this stuff goes a long way toward destroying that work. The Vogued-up cars look like someone crashed them through a JC Whitney warehouse, and that's not the image Cadillac needs.
    Wow, exactly what I was thinking: "look like someone crashed them through a JC Whitney warehouse". I wish more people would think that--the heads of the car companies sure do, as I remember a story of Lincoln heads complaining when they found out people were putting tops on their new "sporty" LS, and how designers at Chrysler thought the roofs ruined their bold and classy new 300.

Even beyond the tops, one of my other huge pet peeves is people who INSIST on putting chrome wheelwell lip moldings on EVERY car they ever buy. A Grand Marquis? Okay, that doesn't look THAT bad. But a Pacifica? A base Tahoe? A Camry? It sticks out like a sore thumb and definately looks like an Autozone special...

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

i dont really like the new DTS, the back is too plain. I want tailfins again. Suble ones like on the eldo from '92-'02. They should sink the trunk down below the lights an inch or 2 and make tailfins, i think thatd make it look like a caddy.

74el-doggdropper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville, 1974 Eldorado Convertible

on a 06 DTS...this is hot

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Tops are just like any custom parts added to a car. They change the appearance and meet the desires of a group of buyers that want to personalize THEIR car.

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by 60 special
    Tops are just like any custom parts added to a car. They change the appearance and meet the desires of a group of buyers that want to personalize THEIR car.
    Yes. Why some people add ugly spoilers and extra-large wheels? Convertible tops are MUCH better. They add an elegance and soul to the car.

Fat AL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan Deville

I must be one of the few that actually like the tops on the cars. you stand out from the crowd alot more with them i think,especially with a dark car/lighter shade top and vice versa. if thats not ur thing then i understand ur hatred for them but hey to each his own

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I would never have it on my fleet but you know tastes are different and chioces too

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.