Convertible Tops from Vogue - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Convertible Tops from Vogue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by caddycruiser Precisely. I didn't mean to come off as a Nazi, but 9.9 out of 10 people ...
    mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Convertible Tops from Vogue

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    Precisely. I didn't mean to come off as a Nazi, but 9.9 out of 10 people would say it's grotesque in this day and age, and I would tend to agree
    I agree too, i can imgine so many people seeign a perfect car for them, then having it ruinede by the fact it has one of those roofs on it

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 60 special
    I'm glad we have an official czar of what everybody should do with their own vehicles. I was worried that people might want to make their Cadillac stand out from the crowd. Have you ever seen a row of DeVilles at a rental car agency? All they need is a little sign on top that says "Cab"!
    Oh, chill out - it's just his opinion. I didn't notice him holding a gun to your head.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Benson
    Oh, chill out - it's just his opinion. I didn't notice him holding a gun to your head.
    Thank you

I think the point of my "9.9 out of 10" comment is quickly being proved...

Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

I'vw recently seen that type of top on a new STS and CTS.. definitely not my taste. Has anyone ever seen one on a Lexus? Jaguar, Infinity?

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Dooman
    I'vw recently seen that type of top on a new STS and CTS.. definitely not my taste. Has anyone ever seen one on a Lexus? Jaguar, Infinity?
    I saw one on a CTS the other day. While I think they're an awful idea in general, the one on the CTS looked better than my DTS. Still looked bad, but better if you know what I mean.

I saw a Jag X-type the other day with one of those tops. The owner caught a friend and I laughing at it. Oops.

Jim

RTT
    RTT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Sedan

Well, somebody is buying them. I can assure you Vogue did not make them to not sell them.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by RTT
    Well, somebody is buying them. I can assure you Vogue did not make them to not sell them.
    I know....the scariest part of it all

I just wish SOMEONE here who likes them and would readily buy, say, a new '06 DTS and pay to have one of the nasty rags tacked and glued on to their once perfectly painted roof, would say WHY.

Is it the added maintenance and care that's attractive? The moisture trapping and likely rust problems down the road?

Sorry, just don't get it. Go right ahead and change out the wheels and put on a full set of Vogues, but those tops have really outlived their welcome.

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There is no rust problem with one of these tops. I once asked a dealer how they are installed and he told me they are screwed into the sheetmetal with stainless steel screws and the entire edge of the top all the way around the car is waterproffed with silicone. He had several Devilles parked on the used car lot and they looked fine.

There is no rust problem with one of these tops. I once asked a dealer how they are installed and he told me they are screwed into the sheetmetal with stainless steel screws and the entire edge of the top all the way around the car is waterproffed with silicone. He had several Devilles parked on the used car lot and they looked fine.
    There is already moisture under the top, its fabric so its always going have some amount of moisture in it. The moisture then reamins under the top, unable to evapourate, so the roof becomes rusted, the reason you see so many bubbles in them.

The fabric is attached to a fiberglass shell. It can't bubble up. The material looks just like the material on an actual Mercedes or BMW convertible.

The fabric is attached to a fiberglass shell. It can't bubble up. The material looks just like the material on an actual Mercedes or BMW convertible.
    IN which case water cannot get through fiberglass at all. There is always a certain amount of moisture in the air. When the top is place on, there will be SOME air under it in between this fiberglass and the roof, therefore rust, it really does happen, there are alot of threads in the FWD Deville and RWD Fleetwood section, it also causes uneven paint wear, so if somone buys the car, and realises it IS as bad as it looks on a new car, take it off and have a two tone auto.

DTStryAgain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exactly. My 70 year old Mother still thinks I'm a pimp wannabe because I bought a 2002 DTS. There's still that stigma of Cadillac being an old man, hustler car.

At the same time, it's unfortunate that there is no longer any type of "elegant" or "classy" car available. We're not all looking to race the streets with rice burners.

mbl_rl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS V-6 Sedan

i know this is a dts forum but i am thinking about getting one so i wanted to look, i have a 1997 cadillac catera vouge edition it was a dealer add on it is green with a tan cloth top chrome grille gold hood ornament chrome wheels and whitewall tires and cadillac emblems with gold emblemes on the side of the top and it is the most intersting car in my area everyone says thats a great looking car and thier both old and young people i am younger and all my friends want my car because it looks so cool young people want these kinda flashy rides like this so when i go out to get my new dts it will have all the dealer add ons i kind find top wheels grill gold package maybe even a cont.kit
    i would not dream of buying a regular one to be like every one at the local enterprize rental car place

Quote Originally Posted by DTStryAgain
    Exactly. My 70 year old Mother still thinks I'm a pimp wannabe because I bought a 2002 DTS. There's still that stigma of Cadillac being an old man, hustler car.

At the same time, it's unfortunate that there is no longer any type of "elegant" or "classy" car available. We're not all looking to race the streets with rice burners.
    Amen brother! Whatever happened to classy American cars? Except for the Chrysler 300, the Bently look alike, what is another classy looking American automobile

Swine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 escalade

I hate 'em as well.... What's the point of a fake convertable?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.