Convertible Tops from Vogue - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Convertible Tops from Vogue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; They should be available now - the roof line has not changed at all for 2006. I agree the tops ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: Convertible Tops from Vogue

They should be available now - the roof line has not changed at all for 2006. I agree the tops are ugly, but mine came that way so I had little choice.

Jim

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter
    The only thing tackier would be to add a fake Rolls Royce grille and a continental kit.
    The Vogue Mesh grille for the DTS will be next and it will be sharp. Let me see, Acura-dead 3 years ago and Mercedes, as many electrical problems as an old Jaguar. So let's not compare those two cars with anything. The perception of them of way off base.

Toyota has more than 3 million, that's 3 million bad engines with sludge problems riding around out there. In many cases they are making the owner pay part of the bill for repairs or replacements. What a quality product and what a consumer friendly company. Now here's the good part. A good percentage of these people said they would buy Toyotas again!

If there wasn't a market for accessories, there wouldn't be any accessories. To each his own. Lastly, who wants a car that looks like every other one on the road?

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Another great shot:

Again, I don't understand why this is big news. Externally, it's the same car except for the nose and tail. Does this look familiar?

Jim

upstate is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Your right, just the nose and tail. They used to do this every year but now it takes 6 years. I guess that is what all the hype is about. Oh well I do like there looks but to try and say its all new is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by upstate
    Your right, just the nose and tail. They used to do this every year but now it takes 6 years. I guess that is what all the hype is about. Oh well I do like there looks but to try and say its all new is wrong.
    I've seen 5 of them on the road now, most recently one with "DTS" wheels yesterday. I haven't done any research so I don't know what the distinction is between the base and whatever they're calling the "DTS" now. It's hard to get used to the way they look, primarily because of the fact that they are the same in the middle with a different nose and tail. Initially I didn't like the tail and thought the nose was okay. After seeing them in motion I think I like the backs better. I dunno. I think they took a certain amount of class away from them with this new look. I can't put my finger on it though.

Jim

Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

I think it's the plate location the messes up the new model, I very much prefer the plate above the bumper, european style... There's way too much paint on the new back..

NJCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Deville

Here is a good reason not to get a aftermarket top put on a car. RUST. The covering traps moisture in it and the padding works like a big sponge to hold water in. Take a look at some of the older cars with them on it. You will see bubbles, lumps and indentations in alot of the roofs. That is the metal breaking down under the covering. This also happens with factory tops too. I had 3 cars suffer from this problem, one of which was a garage queen, and sadly by the time you notice the rust bubbles it is too late. You will have to strip the top and weld in metal where the rust is. Very costly. If you want your car to look different, change the grill. They make some tasteful custom grilles out there that actually look more classy than the factory ones. The fine mess and the billet ones come to mind. I do agree on the Rolls Royce type grill on a newer model though.

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

AND IT LOOKS AWFUL!

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Okay, new "OFFICIAL POLICY":

If you, even for a second, think about putting a vinyl or canvas top on ANY new car from here on out, ANYONE in the normal world with generally acceptable taste, shall blow your head off

Personal tastes are personal tastes, but this garbage should be a national travesty or something....

Same goes for gluing chrome edge trim on all your wheel well lips, regardless of how stupid and out of place it looks on the car...

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    If you, even for a second, think about putting a vinyl or canvas top on ANY new car from here on out, ANYONE in the normal world with generally acceptable taste, shall blow your head off
    Personal tastes are personal tastes, but this garbage should be a national travesty or something....
    Same goes for gluing chrome edge trim on all your wheel well lips, regardless of how stupid and out of place it looks on the car...
    ABSOLUTELY!! Stand up and take a bow.

Completely agree

Anyone who puts a tasteless hat on the otherwise well dressed range of new cars, deserves to be publically shamed.

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser

I'm glad we have an official czar of what everybody should do with their own vehicles. I was worried that people might want to make their Cadillac stand out from the crowd. Have you ever seen a row of DeVilles at a rental car agency? All they need is a little sign on top that says "Cab"!

Theres a difference between making your car stand out and makeing youre car look hideous

I mean, how would you feel if someone glued a hat to your head, then just for good measure riveted it on.

Whereas putting a new grille, some alloy wheels or tinted glass in would jsut eb like wearing rings and sunglasses, hyou can always take them off....

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by mccombie_5
    Theres a difference between making your car stand out and makeing youre car look hideous
    I mean, how would you feel if someone glued a hat to your head, then just for good measure riveted it on.
    Whereas putting a new grille, some alloy wheels or tinted glass in would jsut eb like wearing rings and sunglasses, hyou can always take them off....
    Precisely. I didn't mean to come off as a Nazi, but 9.9 out of 10 people would say it's grotesque in this day and age, and I would tend to agree

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.