O2 sensor... Code P0059
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, O2 sensor... Code P0059 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just purchased 06 DTS. I guess the owner had taken it to autozone to have any codes cleared. About 15 ...
    mh4262 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

O2 sensor... Code P0059

Just purchased 06 DTS. I guess the owner had taken it to autozone to have any codes cleared. About 15 miles of driving the engine light comes on. I stopped by autozone and they read the code...P0059. They said it was my o2 sensor. I drove home and checked all the fuses and they were not blown. I had a mechanic tell me if it is my o2 sensor the car will have a miss and prob get poor gas milage. I don't notice a miss in the engine and my mpg on the highway are around 26. I did look at the air filter and noticed that possibly I'm missing a clip that clamps everything together. I have 2 clips on one side and looks like there was a clip on the corner but nothing is there. Could this cause this code? If not anyone have any other suggestions I can look at before taking it into a repair shop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

Re: O2 sensor... Code P0059

An O2 sensor is not normally a big deal, they all wear out over time, usually about every 8 years / 100k miles. Sometimes if it's a downstream O2 sensor, it won't affect anything (engine will still run as normal) but if the upstream O2 sensor goes as well, you will know it. I had two bad downstream O2 sensors on an Infiniti and drove it for like a year without any problems until I had to have it emissions tested.

If the code says it's an O2 sensor, it most likely is. A dirty air filter will not trip that code.

The O2 sensor shouldn't be more than $50. Autozone will even loan you the tools needed to change it yourself. Although I don't know exactly where they are on a DTS, usually they aren't hard to get to and replace.

mh4262 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

After going to several parts stores with various pricing from 47.99 up to 103.99 for the O2 sensor none of which had it in stock, I visited a bumper to bumper auto parts store. He looked it up, said it was an ac delco part which he told me was oem and cost 47.99. Said he could have it there by 730am the next morning. After picking up the part I dropped by a local quick lube place and they said they could put it on for me. 20 minutes and 20.00 later it was done. Stopped by autozone and asked if they could reset the code. Had to go out of town the same day, 160 miles later no engine light. And the best part I can now use the remote start. Seems to be fixed.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Good for you. (You're one of the lucky ones) ........ and there are millions of cars running around with WELL over 100,000 miles on the original O2 sensors.

Codes and gauges ???? If you want to be able to read and clear your own codes and monitor any 4 of 12 engine functions, look at a ScanGauge-II. www.scangauge.com (I use them, and in the STS I watch coolant temp, intake air temp, ignition advance and MAP (inverse intake manifold vacuum).

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    I used to own an 06 dts i never had to replace the 2 upstream oxygen sensor but the down stream i had to do it 2 times when i sols the car it had 245 000 milea

Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by mh4262 View Post
    After going to several parts stores with various pricing from 47.99 up to 103.99 for the O2 sensor none of which had it in stock, I visited a bumper to bumper auto parts store. He looked it up, said it was an ac delco part which he told me was oem and cost 47.99. Said he could have it there by 730am the next morning. After picking up the part I dropped by a local quick lube place and they said they could put it on for me. 20 minutes and 20.00 later it was done. Stopped by autozone and asked if they could reset the code. Had to go out of town the same day, 160 miles later no engine light. And the best part I can now use the remote start. Seems to be fixed.

Glad to hear it. Nothing worse than driving around with a CEL on. Nothing better than to be able to fix it for less than 1/4 of what the dealer would charge you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.