Onset of myriad of warnings 2006 DTS Performance edition
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Onset of myriad of warnings 2006 DTS Performance edition in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2006 DTS Performance that has recently started flashing warnings including "Service Brake Assist", "Service Traction Control" 'Service ...
    jdunleavy3372 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Onset of myriad of warnings 2006 DTS Performance edition

I have a 2006 DTS Performance that has recently started flashing warnings including "Service Brake Assist", "Service Traction Control" 'Service Power Steering" with consistent annoying beeping. Car operates fine.

However, periodically the car will not start. When turn ignition, all lights come on but engine does not turn over (nothing). If I go to back of car and roll forward, and then try the ignition again, the car will start! I replaced the front wheel hub/speed sensors. This did not correct problem. Last night I put the car in park for several minutes while the car was running, when tried to shift to Drive the shifter would not move, finally after several efforts I was able to shift to Drive. Lastly, the radio will not shut off when car turned off and open door, unless I open and shut door several times! Getting tired of this.....related to single issue? All seemed to come on at once.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kent7100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Given the many problems and many computers in our beloved DTC, have you tried a re-boot? Remove the rear seat, remove positive and negative leads from the battery, then touch them together for about 10 seconds. Then clean the connection from the ground to the battery. You may lose some of your memory settings, but it could solve these problems.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Onset of myriad of warnings 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance edition

There is a way to REBOOT all of the electronic modules in the entire car.
    Sometimes (lots of times) that will fix random electrical gremlins.

Remove BOTH battery cables... negative cable FIRST...
    Touch both cables together for 5 seconds or so, making sure they have good contact with each other.
    This will drain all the capacitors in the system.

While you have the cables off... undo the one bolted to the floor.
    Take a little piece of sandpaper and sand the paint away from the attachment point.
    It will then have a better ground.

Re-attach the battery cables... negative cable LAST...
    You will have to do the window EXPRESS UP learn again and you MAY have to do the memory seat settings again.
    Sometimes they will forget the seat settings and sometimes they don't.

Rocc4Rocc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Cadillac Deville, 03 Cadillac STS, 07 Cadillac DTS

Re: Onset of myriad of warnings 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance edition

I had a similar issue, DIC messages, annoying beeping, intermittent engine start. Ended up being the body control module. Was about $250 fix, $150 for the BCM, and $100 to get it programmed. Try going to a small shop, rather than a dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.