How to tell?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How to tell? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So, I'm wondering how I can tell what my DTS has installed, sound system wise. I know I don't have ...
    Staticxd00d is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Question How to tell?

So, I'm wondering how I can tell what my DTS has installed, sound system wise. I know I don't have the Bose system. I don't have NAV, there's a CD slot... I don't know if it holds more than one. There's a single speaker grill on the dash, one on each A pillar, one in each door (I believe), and maybe a couple under the rear window... I'd have to look again. I know sometimes they have a subwoofer, but I think it's buried under the rear seat when it's installed. Also, do they always come with an amp, or is that an option as well?

I cranked it up about 2/3 with some songs with good bass, and I gotta say, it seems to thump pretty decently to my ear... but I'm not into vibrating all of the windows in cars within a 100-foot radius, so I can't really say if it's just regular speakers with decent bass response, or if it's a subwoofer.

I'm considering replacing the deck with an aftermarket head unit, mainly because I just like to load up my iPod with my music, and listen to that, and control it through the radio. Something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DPX5...-DPX500BT.html

Anything I should watch out for here? I know I would need to get an adapter so that the steering wheel controls would work with the new deck. Anything else?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    If it's not the Bose system, it's the base stereo. There is an amp. The sub would be under the grille on the rear deck.

The original HU is part of the serial data bus and anti theft systems. You need an integration module. Metra makes them.

Staticxd00d is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: How to tell?

So if I have a speaker grill on the rear deck, there should be a subwoofer under it basically?

Yeah, I was going to get the iDatalink Maestro integration module. I don't know if that's the best one... I know that they offer several different ones when I add the stereo to my cart.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.