My drive in 06 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, My drive in 06 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi All, I had to bring the 01 Deville in for service and boy was I shocked when I saw ...
    GeoGoGo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

My drive in 06 DTS

Hi All,

I had to bring the 01 Deville in for service and boy was I shocked when I saw the loaner. 2006 DTS with 500 miles on it. All I can say is wow! Very impressive car. I am going to hate to give it back.
    The interior is very well done. Very supportive and roomy seats. Fit and finish was great. I was pleased to see the wood trim was not too glossy, you could actually tell it was wood and not plastic. I love the instrument panel. The luminous white numbers and hashes were very easy on the eyes. The radio display was very cool as well. Black backround with white characters had a very interesting look, especially at night. The analog clock at the top of the center stack was such a classy touch.
    Very nice compliment of controls on the steering wheel. Cruise with the left hand and radio controls with your right. Speaking of the wheel, it has a strange covering on it. It feels like unfinished leather, it reminded me of BMW leather seats. It has a good tactile feel but I would be concerned it would get dirty quickly and be difficult to clean. I was surprised at the small diameter of the wheel.
    The car has great road manners. Feels solidly planted to the road. Steering is very precise and effort feels just about right. It was easy to make rapid lane changes at speed with confidence. The only issue I noticed with the handling was the body roll. After slinging the car through several high speed interchanges and some twisty country roads, it seems to have a touch too much body roll for my tastes. Not enough to be a big issue unless you are really pushing it but I would have put larger anti sway bars on it. It is a Caddy though!
    It has a great exhaust note both under gentle acceleration and when you really get on it. There did not seem to be a lot of grunt from the get go but once it hits about 3800 rpm, it really shoves you back into the seat. I got into a little bit of a race with a S10 Extreme that took me off the line and pulled about 1/2 a car length off the line. I think most of it was that I was not expecting it when he took off.
    Very responsive throttle and smooth drive train. I would have liked the transmission to have a more performance oriented program but again, it is a Caddy. It seemed to cry for a manumatic as the shifter was in just the right spot.
    The xenon headlamps are absolutely amazing. The bean cutoff was very sharp and it looked like daylight on the road up front. The driving lights really seemed to light up the sides of the road as well. On the dark stretches I would keep turning the high beams on and off as I could not believe how much of the road was lit up. Simply incredible.
    My only real complaint is the torque steer. When you really get on it, you want to have a good grip on the wheel. Other than the torque steer, body roll, and transmission programming the car was an absolute marvel. Cadillac really hit the mark with this car. I enjoyed it so much that it has me seriously rethinking my dream of a 5 series and that is no small feat. Have a good night everyone.

Respectfully,

George D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

05STSon21s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: My drive in 06 DTS

All this great talk of the 06 DTS has me thinking of trading the 05 STS for one! Like you i was set on a german car next.. 645 or CLS but that ne DTS looks sooo nice

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: My drive in 06 DTS

-

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.