Leaving cafillac for the first time in 13 years - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Leaving cafillac for the first time in 13 years in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good luck Paul! I’m sure you traded into Altima for some unknown reasons other than getting 35-38 mpg. I had ...
    jazoo is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: Leaving cafillac for the first time in 13 years

Good luck Paul!

I’m sure you traded into Altima for some unknown reasons other than getting 35-38 mpg. I had the opportunity to rent 2013 Altima for couple of weeks & I liked it but the comfortable ride. But, but, there’s no comparison to a DTS.

cadillacpaul1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yea the LTS is looking nice , but not for $100,000 for that I rather just buy a s550 and guys don't get me wrong I love Cadillacs and the exterior lights and all are nice but I would be inside the car and I fell like they gotten cheap , to me the altima feels smooth and I love the features of a fully loaded one either way I would be leasing it for 3 years who know might just come back to Cadillac

DSNCB919 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    Its the opposite cadillacs have been getting more expensive and better material, I noticed a major difference in my 03 dts to my 10 dts platinum.. ive only sat in an xts but doesnt look cheap to me. To each there own though.. cheap was those damn cateras any time I see someone in one I think to myself I hope it was a hand me down

ltdltc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Performance Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    I've seriously considered leaving Cadillac. The main thing that is keeping me with Cadillac is my Deville. I've driven a Buick Lacrosse and I was thoroughly impressed with all the features. Especially with all the ones sorely lacking in the DTS.
    The Lacrosse is nice. AWD with a great engine and loads of features but the cargo capacity is quite poor. The trunk is 13 cu ft. Even less with the E-Assist. The XTS/Impala have much better trunk space.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacpaul1979 View Post
    Well guys it's been nice discussing topics about Cadillacs but I'm trading into a Nissan Altima good luck
    Not bad the Altima now is basically the old generation Maxima. Probably scoots right along quite well and handles the curves well.

I pretty much narrowed down my DTS replacement to the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee or a CTS Sport Wagon. The wagon won cause finding Grand Cherokees that aren't base models was quite difficult.

cadillacpaul1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSNCB919
    Its the opposite cadillacs have been getting more expensive and better material, I noticed a major difference in my 03 dts to my 10 dts platinum.. ive only sat in an xts but doesnt look cheap to me. To each there own though.. cheap was those damn cateras any time I see someone in one I think to myself I hope it was a hand me down
    Lol a catera was my first Cadillac , and I actually liked it never had one problem and I loved all the gauges it had but like you said to each it's own

I like the jeep grand cherokke to but once you get all the leather n wood ( requirement for me) and look down at the price tag its like dang pretty much bought a lac

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by DSNCB919
    I think the new cadillacs turnheads and are noticeable comin on highway from far away with those verticle drl's.. be patient might wanna wait to see what this Cadillac LTS is about!
    I've thought about it, but if I was going to drop $90k on a vehicle, I'd be getting a Tesla. The technology inside that car is amazing with everything I would expect in a car that expensive. And 400+ ft-lbs of torque the entire time your accelerating all the way up to 100+ mph. When I floored it, my daughter felt like she was in a roller coaster and couldn't even lean forward. Everyone should just test drive one for the experience alone.

I've had an XTS as a rental for an extended period of time. I can tell that my DTS commands way more attention than the XTS did. I will definitely give the XTS the headlights over the DTS (I had to upgrade my DTS fogs to HIDs just because I hated the mis-match of factory brown fogs and white headlamps). But I've had people tell me that my DTS looks just like the President's car (even though us Cadillac owners know that we could easily identify the visual differences between his car and our dts's). The XTS just looks like a cts or another car.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ltdltc
    The Lacrosse is nice. AWD with a great engine and loads of features but the cargo capacity is quite poor. The trunk is 13 cu ft. Even less with the E-Assist. The XTS/Impala have much better trunk space. Not bad the Altima now is basically the old generation Maxima. Probably scoots right along quite well and handles the curves well. I pretty much narrowed down my DTS replacement to the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee or a CTS Sport Wagon. The wagon won cause finding Grand Cherokees that aren't base models was quite difficult.
    The DTS wins hands down in the cargo department. I had to carry my Pelican case in my DTS and that sucker slid right on in. Oh, it was the largest case Pelican made in that style (1690). The large trunk paid off in that instance. But I don't need the huge trunk that often enough to make it a necessity. I could always put stuff in the back of the car.

Presidents car might be a xts or lts variant next term

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR, 2011 CTS4 Premium

I'm moving to a 2011 CTS4 next summer only because I'm getting it off-lease from a relative and its the Premium edition with only 21000kms on it, lease buyout is only
    $22000 cdn. My 2006 DTS is going to a friend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.