2001 motor question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2001 motor question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hi folks, i am new and in process of purchasing a 2001 dts with 63k, (maybe) problem i have or ...
    johnny b is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2001 motor question

hi folks, i am new and in process of purchasing a 2001 dts with 63k, (maybe) problem i have or curious about is, dealer had to replace the motor in the car, they tell me it was replaced by gm and has 10k on it...i will be validating all that etc..."but" i see where the dts has a 300hp northstar and a regular deville has 275hp....could some fill me in on what is the difference in the two motors and what i am worried over is the possibility of gm dealer putting the "standard" motor and not the "dts" 300hp motor (if that makes sense) i am sure that is not case or it can happen , but i am just trying to be sure and make sure that is not the "possiblility", by the way the car is sweet.....thanks in advance, (i will be asking the dealer also, but i wont talk to them until tommorow and it's kinda bugging me and figure i throw it out here on some feedback)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johnny b is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2001 motor question

sorry i put in wrong forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.