keep or sell my 06 performance dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, keep or sell my 06 performance dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a great caddy but I have been thinking about selling her and getting something newer. I test drove ...
    caddyo6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac dts '06

keep or sell my 06 performance dts

I have a great caddy but I have been thinking about selling her and getting something newer. I test drove the xts and its ok but I miss that V8 rumble. Also do you think the dts will become a classic caddy? Currently I have 80k and always kept up with the maint. Ebony (dts name) has been cross country 4 times and plenty of other long distance travels with her. Just not sure. What car did you get after your dts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Another DTS.....

DSNCB919 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    If its running good n paid for y npt wait to see this LTS in a year or 2?

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Re: keep or sell my 06 performance dts

I just drove an XTS while my DTS was getting serviced. Even though my DTS is paid for AND the XTS is technologically way more advanced than the DTS, it just felt more like a CTS. I definitely felt the road more than I would've liked in the XTS. And for the features, you can get a Lacrosse for $15k less. Plus the styling of the XTS doesn't compare to the DTS. If they made a DTS with Cue, I would trade up in a heartbeat. So if you enjoy a modern interior, the DTS is way outdated (no push button start, blue-tooth or USB audio, automatic unlock doors and trunk, HUD and the list goes on) and I would definitely trade out for the XTS. If you prefer the room and enjoy what I would call the last of a classic comfortable Cadillac ride, hold on to the DTS. It just may be the last generation of a large commanding Cadillac that will ever be made by GM.

DSNCB919 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum

I said the LTS the upcoming Flagship for Cadillac not the XTS

cadillacpaul1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I love my 06 DTS It only has 62,000 miles on it, I do like the cue system in the new XTS , so I Decided to get as close a possible and integrated a IPAD in the Dash Works just like the CUE even better I can see how the engine runs cooling system temps and if any DTC pop up I can read the codes right away

Quote Originally Posted by DSNCB919 View Post
    I said the LTS the upcoming Flagship for Cadillac not the XTS
    My comment was for the OP.

My biggest fear is that the engine finally goes. I have other vehicles to drive, but the going rate to fix/buy a new engine is 4k. I agree that the xts is way more advance technically, but the dts ride and feel is unreal. I was looking at a bmw 5 series, but my friend has one and hates it on long rides. My keep her and get a nice used cts for my everyday car and use the dts for road trips.

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacpaul1979 View Post
    I love my 06 DTS It only has 62,000 miles on it, I do like the cue system in the new XTS , so I Decided to get as close a possible and integrated a IPAD in the Dash Works just like the CUE even better I can see how the engine runs cooling system temps and if any DTC pop up I can read the codes right away
    I remember seeing your pictures of the ipad. Did you do a writeup? I'd love to do something similar.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by caddyo6 View Post
    My biggest fear is that the engine finally goes. I have other vehicles to drive, but the going rate to fix/buy a new engine is 4k. I agree that the xts is way more advance technically, but the dts ride and feel is unreal. I was looking at a bmw 5 series, but my friend has one and hates it on long rides. My keep her and get a nice used cts for my everyday car and use the dts for road trips.
    I have 138,000 miles on mine.
    It still runs great and uses NO oil...
    The Northstar engines typically run for a really long time before any mechanical issues happen.
    Lots of them in the deville forum with 200,000 miles on them.
    jsorrell and jazoo like this.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I use my Lexus LS for everyday use and use the DTS for long trips or when we go on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyo6
    I would stick with GM. I've driven Benz and BMW and let me tell you I was a bit underwhelmed. There were things that I expected in what are considered luxury car that were missing. With no manual I can navigate my way through the Cue without a manual. Try navigating the features of a Benz or BMW with no manual.

I think I will stick with the Cadillac for now. I will get a good used Audi or Lexus for my everyday car. Right now all of my cars are in maint. storage until 2017. I have sometime, but I didnt want to keep her just because. Thanks for all of the insight and info.

Scratch that...car is being sold tomorrow for 12,500. Just got military orders to move and will not be back for 5yrs.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by caddyo6 View Post
    Scratch that...car is being sold tomorrow for 12,500. Just got military orders to move and will not be back for 5yrs.
    I'm sorry caddy06 that you have to part way with your 06 Caddy. So where are being posted for 5 years? I hope you come back with probably a later year DTS after your Tour of Duty. On second thought, you would be buying later model XTS or CTS.

I love the ride of DTS!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.