Cadillac Owners Forum banner

keep or sell my 06 performance dts

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  caddyo6 
#1 ·
I have a great caddy but I have been thinking about selling her and getting something newer. I test drove the xts and its ok but I miss that V8 rumble. Also do you think the dts will become a classic caddy? Currently I have 80k and always kept up with the maint. Ebony (dts name) has been cross country 4 times and plenty of other long distance travels with her. Just not sure. What car did you get after your dts?

#4 ·
I just drove an XTS while my DTS was getting serviced. Even though my DTS is paid for AND the XTS is technologically way more advanced than the DTS, it just felt more like a CTS. I definitely felt the road more than I would've liked in the XTS. And for the features, you can get a Lacrosse for $15k less. Plus the styling of the XTS doesn't compare to the DTS. If they made a DTS with Cue, I would trade up in a heartbeat. So if you enjoy a modern interior, the DTS is way outdated (no push button start, blue-tooth or USB audio, automatic unlock doors and trunk, HUD and the list goes on) and I would definitely trade out for the XTS. If you prefer the room and enjoy what I would call the last of a classic comfortable Cadillac ride, hold on to the DTS. It just may be the last generation of a large commanding Cadillac that will ever be made by GM.

#6 ·
I love my 06 DTS It only has 62,000 miles on it, I do like the cue system in the new XTS , so I Decided to get as close a possible and integrated a IPAD in the Dash Works just like the CUE even better I can see how the engine runs cooling system temps and if any DTC pop up I can read the codes right away

#8 ·
My biggest fear is that the engine finally goes. I have other vehicles to drive, but the going rate to fix/buy a new engine is 4k. I agree that the xts is way more advance technically, but the dts ride and feel is unreal. I was looking at a bmw 5 series, but my friend has one and hates it on long rides. My keep her and get a nice used cts for my everyday car and use the dts for road trips.

#12 ·
caddyo6 said:
My biggest fear is that the engine finally goes. I have other vehicles to drive, but the going rate to fix/buy a new engine is 4k. I agree that the xts is way more advance technically, but the dts ride and feel is unreal. I was looking at a bmw 5 series, but my friend has one and hates it on long rides. My keep her and get a nice used cts for my everyday car and use the dts for road trips.
I would stick with GM. I've driven Benz and BMW and let me tell you I was a bit underwhelmed. There were things that I expected in what are considered luxury car that were missing. With no manual I can navigate my way through the Cue without a manual. Try navigating the features of a Benz or BMW with no manual.

#13 ·
I think I will stick with the Cadillac for now. I will get a good used Audi or Lexus for my everyday car. Right now all of my cars are in maint. storage until 2017. I have sometime, but I didnt want to keep her just because. Thanks for all of the insight and info.

#15 ·
I'm sorry caddy06 that you have to part way with your 06 Caddy. So where are being posted for 5 years? I hope you come back with probably a later year DTS after your Tour of Duty. On second thought, you would be buying later model XTS or CTS.

I love the ride of DTS!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.