Just got a DTS, noob memory seat question!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Just got a DTS, noob memory seat question! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys, Just bought a beautiful '07 DTS. Absolutely love this vehicle and have always wanted one. I travel a ...
    natevines is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS

Just got a DTS, noob memory seat question!

Hey guys,

Just bought a beautiful '07 DTS. Absolutely love this vehicle and have always wanted one. I travel a lot for work, so it wasn't the best decision in terms of fuel efficiency, but hey, my employers pays my fuel bill :P

Anyhow, just a quick question. When I pull the keys out of the ignition, the seat goes into the 'easy exit' mode. That's fine, but when I get in the car, I have to press the '1' for my seat/mirrors to go into their preset memory positions. The only way I found to get around this is to disable 'easy exit' entirely, so the configuration is always on my preset. Ideally, I'd like the seat to get into the '1' position as soon as I press the unlock button, or at least when I put the key in the ignition/remote start the car. There's a setting on the info panel for memory seats, and it is turned on, so it's not that.

Also, any newbies tips on the car would be appreciated! Also, how can I find out what trim level I have? Mine is a 6-seater, obviously has memory/heated seats, but doesn't have nav, massaging, intellibeam, etc. And is 91 octane mandatory?

Thank you!
    darkojr80 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

Re: Just got a DTS, noob memory seat question!

That's strange. When I push the unlock on my 07 the seat goes to my setting and when I turn the car off it goes into easy exit mode. Fob #2 does the same thing for my fiancé. Sounds like a programming problem with yours?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Memory recall settings can be altered in the personalization settings on the DIC.

Read your owners manual cover to cover, twice. There're a bunch of things you'll probably never find out the car can do without reading it.

darkojr80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac DTS

Hey, noob here also! just got a 2009 DTS and wow!! i just cant belive i did not get this sooner. I too have the same problem or question on my dts...

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

MoistCabbage is right... this is a feature that is able to be customized. If you go into the DIC (Driver Info Center) (where you can customize some options), you will be able to set your car to automatically move your seat and (if equipped) power steering tilt/telescopic adjustment to the proper locations with the press of your "unlock" button. When I bought my car, it was set up to move the seat/steering wheel into the #1 position as I unlocked the car with the key fob. But, I'm 6' tall and would hit my knees on the steering wheel as I got in ... so I turned mine off so that it is in the "easy exit" setting for when I get into the car (sort of an "easy entry" setup). I then press the "1" button on the door to move my seat/steering wheel into position. If you want yours in position as you enter the car, just turn that feature on in the DIC. (PS: you can also turn off the "easy exit upon key removal" setting and only use your center memory button, if you like -- there are various settings for the memory feature -- and the memory also sets up your audio and Heating/AC temp settings).

And be sure to read the owner manual a couple of times, like he said...there are several things you may be able to customize to your liking.

From the sounds of it, I am thinking you have a "Lux II" version. If you had the "Lux III", you would have the seat massagers and Intellibeam features. That said, I think there was a model year or two when the trim-level lineup was not "Lux I, Lux II and Lux III", but instead, the lineup was "base, Lux I and Lux II". so you might have a "Lux I" if that's how the lineup went for your model year. Whichever way it is, I believe you have the mid-level version.

As for the fuel requirements ... that's a touchy subject. There seem to be two camps; those who say you should abide the recommended octane levels and those who say it is fine to run a lower octane fuel. Do a search on the forum and decide for yourself which you want to run. That your employer pays your fuel bill sounds like permission to run the higher octane fuel (whether you believe it's necessary or not).

By the way ... to the forum and congrats on the DTS purchase.
    darkojr80 likes this.

CBOYLE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium 2011 DTS Platinum

I was told that you have to push the 1 or 2 button once you get in the car. That is the way it is on our 2011 DTS Platinum and it is the same on our 2012 SRX Premium. As Info their are no numbers on the FOB such as 1 and 2. I have to feel that is normal as original posted by natenines. My older DTS and STS worked the way I like where the FOB was recognizes by the car as driver 1 or driver 2 Look on the bottom of your FOB if it does not have a 1 and 2 the car will not recognize who is unlocking the car.

Quote Originally Posted by CBOYLE View Post
    I was told that you have to push the 1 or 2 button once you get in the car. That is the way it is on our 2011 DTS Platinum and it is the same on our 2012 SRX Premium. As Info their are no numbers on the FOB such as 1 and 2. I have to feel that is normal as original posted by natenines. My older DTS and STS worked the way I like where the FOB was recognizes by the car as driver 1 or driver 2 Look on the bottom of your FOB if it does not have a 1 and 2 the car will not recognize who is unlocking the car.
    On my 2 key fobs, I have a '1' or a '2' -- lightly printed on the end of each fob.

As far as the recall of the settings, you can have it either way ... you can either set the car to recall your settings with the fob or you can set it to not recall your settings with the fob. Regardless of how you have it programmed, you can use the recall buttons on the door. From the 2008 owner manual:

MEMORY SEAT RECALL
    If your vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select
    your preference for the remote memory seat recall
    feature. See Memory Seat, Mirrors and Steering Wheel
    on page 1-4 for more information.
    Press the customization button until MEMORY SEAT
    RECALL appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset
    button once to access the settings for this feature.
    Then press the menu up/down button to scroll through
    the following settings:
    OFF (default): No remote memory seat recall will occur.
    ON: The driver’s seat and outside mirrors will
    automatically move to the stored driving position
    when the unlock button on the Remote Keyless Entry
    (RKE) transmitter is pressed. The steering column
    will also move on vehicles with the power tilt and
    telescopic steering feature. See Power Tilt Wheel and
    Telescopic Steering Column on page 3-7 for more
    information. See “RELEARN REMOTE KEY” under
    DIC Operation and Displays on page 3-69 for more
    information on matching transmitters to driver
    ID numbers.
    NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature.
    The current setting will remain.
    To select a setting, press the set/reset button while the
    desired setting is displayed on the DIC.

If your FOB'S are not marked accordingly 1 AND 2 you can forget about it. wife not happy with 2012 SRX premium not having this feature. We traded her 2008 STS and it worked the way we liked. Now you must push the 1 0r 2 button along side the seat once you get in the car on the SRX.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

The fobs on my 2006 are not marked 1 and 2... but the car knows which one unlocks it and will move the seat, steering wheel and mirrors accordingly.

How does the car know who is unlocking the doors? Driver 1 or Driver 2

I believe this is part of the programming process (of the key fobs). When programming them, the first one you program will be "#1" and the second one will be "#2". I'm not positive about this, but IIRC, that's how the car knows.

The 2011 DTS owner manual shows it has the same features as what I put from the 2008 manual (the ability to turn the recall on/off). I don't believe that this feature is independent of the memory system...but instead, is part of the memory system. And either way, you have the Platinum Edition, which has just about every option, anyhow (yes, I'm jealous). Therefore, you most certainly have this feature.

I looked at the 2012 SRX owner manual and it says that the recall feature can be turned on/off (as part of the DIC customization process), but I don't know that this is a feature that EVERY SRX has... or if this is an additional (independent) feature from the memory feature. I would suspect that you have the ability, just based on the fact that you do have memory seats in the SRX, but my wife's SRX is older and does not have the memory seats, so I can't say for sure. Play with the customization process and see if you can turn that feature on. Hopefully, you can.

Hope this helps.

The FOB's are not marked 1 or 2 on the bottom like our other Cadillac's. So the car does not know who has unlocked the door driver 1 or driver 2?
    You can customize the exit function BUT the unlock function from the FOB is limited.
    Our 1999 SLS had the Fob's clearly marked 1 and 2 as did my 2001 DTS (yes 2001 first DTS) our 2008 STS had Fob's marked on bottom 1 and 2. Last time I was at my dealer for service he indicted that you cannot set up like our older Cadillac's and has a lot of complaints

showcoach97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I can only use the memory door switches with key off. I have tried to activate the memory settings button on several occasions with key in the on position or the vehicle started in park position but no action. Is this right? The owner manual just states the car must be in park but nothing about the key being in the on position or not.

showcoach97 - that does not sound right. I can use my memory switches at any time (key out, key in (Off position), key in (On position), car off, car on (but only in Park)).

I don't know what would cause yours to not allow the buttons to function without the key being in the Off position. I wonder if it's one of those little gremlins that a "reset" would fix??? Just a thought...

showcoach97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

How do I perform a reset? I removed the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes but the memory seats settings were saved. Is there another way to reset the system?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.