06 DTSs arriveing at rental fleets - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 06 DTSs arriveing at rental fleets in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow ok, sorry never heard them called that before. Its a very british term i think, dont ...
    mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 06 DTSs arriveing at rental fleets

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    ok, sorry never heard them called that before.
    Its a very british term i think, dont be sorry its fine, its a source fo comedy for many of our friends "wheres that cane then?" " can i borrow your morterboard?" etc etc

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    damn! sorry, i didnt mean to get personal or anything, hope you didnt think that.
    Sorry i just realised what you were apologising for, hey, dont worry about that, im quite open about that kind of thing, im just trying to cover my back, im glad its over here in this little viewed forum, because i wouldnt want ot make it like i as rubbing peoples faces in it, i still uphold im VERY lucky to be in the poition i am.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

If we could all get our minds out of the gutter and back to the pictures, what's the feeling about the "jagged" gearshift?

I spent my first 30 yrs with a manual shift in the UK and after coming to North America still find myself using the gears on an automatic box in the mountains, especially to stop "hunting" going uphill and forever riding the brakes going down (burnt a Buick's discs to a crisp doing that in the San Bernardino mtns). So when I rented an STS with the "jagged" gear shift, moving up and down was a real pain in the derriere while criss-crossing CA.

My DHS has a "smooth" shift, and that is a lot easier to use in the hilly / mountainous stuff. Any comments? Any chance Cadillac might move to the "up/down" shifts now found on so many luxury and almost-luxury cars?

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

gentlemen , it is sitting in my driveway .....stay tuned

Merl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 deville/ 99 deville

Good review

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.