Relean Tire Sensors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Relean Tire Sensors in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Relearn Sensors My 07 DTS left rear tire sensor went blank and I had a tire company replace it. All ...
    Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

Relean Tire Sensors

Relearn Sensors

My 07 DTS left rear tire sensor went blank and I had a tire company replace it. All other sensors were working. It was replaced with a Dorman 974-009 sensor. I went into relearn and press the reset button getting two beeps on the horn. I let air out of the left front tire for over thirty seconds and add air back in the tire but can't get it to beep the horn. I decided to try the left rear(new one)and the horn beeped. For those who done this procedure what am I missing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Relean Tire Sensors

First, the tire shop that put the sensor in should have done the relearn procedure as part of the job.
    Their job isn't finished till it works right...

When you put it in learn mode, the horn beeps two times... the relearn sequence then is...
    Drivers side front till the horn beeps one time...
    Passengers side front till the horn beeps one time...
    Passengers side rear till the horn beeps one time...
    Drivers side rear till the horn beeps TWO TIMES.

The tire shop did not have the equipment to relearn the sensors. I went to them because I have trouble with two rims leaking and the clean corrosion and seal the tire. The sensor is in one of those tire.

I know the procedure but my question was getting the sensors to respond. I drove the car a few miles and was able to get the LF sensor to blow the horn but not the RF one. I will take it up to 60 for a few miles and see if that works.

cadillacpaul1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Go to a discount tire ,there is a magnet to have them relearn all they need to do is hit the two buttons wait for the beep and put the magnet by the Sensor to relearn

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

Sears has the sensor to set your tire pressure sensors. I bought Michelins there & a year later went back to rebalance & rotate free & they didn't reset, had to go back & it took them to min. to go around the car, horn was blowing & lights flashing while they did it.

I went ahead replaced all tires with Michelin Primacy MXV4 and all sensors were replaced. My tires were the original and were showing some cracking. Once I went in the relearn mode the horn beeped twice, then two separate single beeps and the final two beeps. This occurred without me letting any air out of the tires. It was like it went into a search mode. Then I went back into the relearn mode and completing the procedure as stated in the owners manual with complete success. Something I accomplished on my own.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

If you're still getting a blank for that tire, are you sure it's the sensor? I lost readout for my right rear tire and checked with the local Chevy/Buick dealer concerning cost. He said it could be the sensor, or the controller, with the sensor being the cheapest of the two. Couldn't tell until they do some troubleshooting. I won't be bringing in the car until the first part of April when it's due for an oil change.

All my senors are now working. If you lost one sensor having a blank reading on one wheel, then you have a bad sensor. It is my understanding the battery last about seven years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.