Heated Seats... Well it happened :-( - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Heated Seats... Well it happened :-( in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jsorrell Just wanted to give an update. So I get a call yesterday from the Ford dealer ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Heated Seats... Well it happened :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell View Post
    Just wanted to give an update. So I get a call yesterday from the Ford dealer across the road and they said because it had to do with the heated/AC seats it wouldn't be covered because Ford ESP Extracare doesn't cover heated seats. The guy seemed to have a I don't care attitude so I didn't bother to argue with him. Instead I called Ford. After numerous phone calls to Ford ESP, the GM dealer, and my doctor (to inquire about a prescription for a Ford induced migraine...) its going to be covered and the GM dealer got the prior approval number. He said they were a real PITA to deal with but the warranty clearly states "All Wiring Harnesses" and its apparent the issue began in the harness so it should have been covered and in the end Ford ESP agreed and are footing the bill minus my $100 deductible. The GM dealer ordered the parts yesterday and will call when they come in :-) At least I'll be able to sleep well this weekend. I'll keep this thread updated. :-)
    Hello jsorrell,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this with your DTS’ heated seat wiring harness and module. I am glad that your extended warranty is covering the cost! Thanks for taking the time to keep the thread updated. We look forward to your future updates for the repair. I hope you have a great weekend!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello jsorrell,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this with your DTS’ heated seat wiring harness and module. I am glad that your extended warranty is covering the cost! Thanks for taking the time to keep the thread updated. We look forward to your future updates for the repair. I hope you have a great weekend!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Greg! I appreciate it. I'll make sure to update!

- Justin

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell View Post
    Thanks Greg! I appreciate it. I'll make sure to update!

- Justin
    Hello Justin,

You are very welcome! We will be sure to look for them.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

Hey Guys and Gals.

I just got home from the Buick/GMC dealership and the seats are working perfectly! So happy to have them back with how cold its been here lately. Ford picked up the tab minus the $100 deductible. It looks like they got the price down to $1072 instead of the $1450 that I would have had to pay which was retail I guess. Amazing how much the warranty companies can knock them down. Anyhow it was a success and the folks at that dealership were awesome to work with. I think I found my new place to go even though they are $27 more an hour than the Chevy dealership down the road here. One other thing I noted was that they did say right off the bat that the steering didn't feel right and once nice weather is upon us where they can roadtest they want me to bring it back and look into it. The local Chevy place just brushed it off as nothing and said "feels fine to me."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.