new here and just wanting some info about a 2010 dts that we just got .
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Superjim
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, new here and just wanting some info about a 2010 dts that we just got . in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hi, yall i am new to the site and Cadillac just a little background story. well the gma had a ...
    dts2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS

new here and just wanting some info about a 2010 dts that we just got .

hi, yall i am new to the site and Cadillac just a little background story. well the gma had a 2000 lincon LS v8 with 135k miles well long story short car had issues with trac control, no ac and some other little issues. well she saw the 2010 cadillac dts bare bones model with 22k miles for $22k out front of the dealer she brought hers from since she had to take her old car in to see what it will cost to fix it. well its a nice one owner car 92 year old man owned it only drove to funerals and to the doctor, it is clean inside and out. with some small issues (a trim piece on the drivers rear door is missing (where the handle is) the gas cap cord (to keep it secure while filling is broken off) and some window tint on the drivers rear door is messed up i am sure the dealer will fix these but i am just giving a run down of what i noticed. i miss some features that the ls had but hands down i love this car.

now for the questions
    is there a good thread to read about the 2010's i looked in the sticky and i didnt see anything about a 2010.
    and when we fill up the car, do we have to put high grade octane in book says 91 around here its 93 and 89. i dont want to hurt the car by filling it with the wrong octane of gas. she would love to put 89 in since its cheaper
    and is there anything i should be worried about. i was told you cant get the car up to speed quickly (wasnt given a reason why) but under a light throttle keeping it around 2k rpms she shifted great
    also i noticed at night the car lacks interior lighting at night, or is there a button i am missing, to adjust the lighting.
    and since it has low miles i am guessing the engine is still trying to get broke in i know on a diesel its around 50k miles.

and a little bit about how much my grandma drive. well its mostly to work and back and that is about .1 mile away she does remote start it during the cold not sure on if its warm. unless she goes into town for something which is about 2 miles to the store (so the car has enough time to get up to operating temp.)

thank yall for the advice, sorry for the long post but i figured i would give a story about how we got the car. Now we got a vehicle worth going out of town in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: new here and just wanting some info about a 2010 dts that we just got .

Congratulations on your new (to you) Cadillac...
    I love my 2006... it has been, and still is, a great automobile.

You asked for advice and opinions...here's mine...

Personally, I would put the fuel that the Owners Manual specified... which is Premium fuel.
    GM spent a lot of money and time on engineers to figure out what kind of fuel it should use.
    Some people do use regular in the Cadillacs, but "I" will not use it in "MY" Cadillac.
    If I don't even want to put the correct fuel in it, I should be driving something else.

There is NO REASON WHAT SO EVER that you can't get the car up to speed quickly... unless something is BAD WRONG with the car...
    I have a 2006 that I bought brand new, that now has over 137,000 miles on it, and it regularly sees wide open throttle.
    That is one of my requirements before I buy one.... see how it runs when you need to GET ON IT for some reason...
    Just keep it serviced properly and it should be a good automobile for a long time.

There should be two lights in the overhead console that come on when the door is opened.
    There should also be a light in each of the 4 doors.... down towards the bottom of each door.
    Tom's Caddy likes this.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

You will find a performance difference between using premium vs regular fuel, but unlike many on this forum, I don't see a difference in mpg. I've been using mostly regular, sometimes midgrade, occasionally premium.

And SuperJim is right about the getup and go. It should have no problem pushing you back into your seat, from a dead stop as well as at 60mph.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Welcome to the DTS forum!

You'll find several threads on fuel in this forum, but unless you're in hilly territory or living at a higher altitude (say, Denver) you can get away with 89. I too have a 2010 and it runs just fine on that, no knocking or pinging, acceleration is brisk to say the least.

There should be interior lighting, check with the dealer when you're getting the gas cap cord fixed (mine came off too).

One thing I would advise about your grandma's driving habits: every couple of weeks take the car out on the highway and give it a good high-speed run, WOT now and then, to blow the cobwebs out. It'll avoid all sorts of condensation and clogging issues in the long run.

thank yall, for the advice overall i am happy with the car , all the lights work i just figure it was a little dark, on the inside. there are 2 in the overhead, one on each side (on top) in the headliner in the back seat. i will talk to her about running mid grade, on the next fuel up.

i will also talk to her about running wot, every now and then.

also how do i go about replacing the front headrest. they feel like a brick. i heard about turning them around, would this help if its possible.

sorry about the double post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.