Six disc radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Six disc radio in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2007 DTS has the single disc CD radio and I want to change it out with a six disc ...
    Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

Six disc radio

My 2007 DTS has the single disc CD radio and I want to change it out with a six disc one. My question is: can the gm dealer do this without any problem? I do not have the Bose system. I'm told that the part numbers of the two have to be the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fmcastro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Lux II, '11 CTS Lux

Re: Six disc radio

That may be a lot of money for a disc changer. You might consider contacting a Stereo Shop and check out your options, which would include much better sound. I have the six CD changer and like many am not impressed by the sound quality. I've looked briefly into this and for under $500 there are options like Navigation, Back Up Camera, Satellite Radio and much better sound than the original Delco.

Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

I found a six disc radio for $75 with a 30 day warranty. I don't have a problem with my sound system, just want the convenience of the six disc. If there is a way to change out the radios and make it work, I would like to know.

tightwad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 1977 Seville

I assume you are looking at a salvage yard offer on eBay. Be sure you get a bill of sale, something beyond the eBay receipt so you prove it's not stolen. It should include the VIN # of the vehicle the radio came out of. The dealer will need this to unlock the antitheft so the radio will work in your car. Check around for prices. Dealers seem to charge $50 and up for this. You can change it out yourself. Really easy to do. I'm no go good at posting pictures, but you can google it and find pics and instructions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.