After market modifications - headlights etc.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, After market modifications - headlights etc. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm bored with my 2008 DTS (which is currently in its factory original form) and want to make some modifications. ...
    DTS2008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

After market modifications - headlights etc.

I'm bored with my 2008 DTS (which is currently in its factory original form) and want to make some modifications.

- Would it be possible to put the newer LED headlights? (like similar to new XTS, Escalade etc).
    - What other upgrades I could make to beautify an 08 DTS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Re: After market modifications - headlights etc.

Some have replaced their license plate lamps with lamps similar to the backup lamps (LED, I think???). A few have added the hood ornament (a rarely-ordered factory option). Some have replaced their wheels/tires. There are also a selection of cloth/vinyl tops available (look up E&G ... they have a nice website with pics).

The previous owner of mine had a cloth top added; complete with gold package (front/rear emblems replaced with gold versions...and rear sail-panel gold emblems added). They also had a sunroof added and replaced the CD player with a SatNav unit and reverse camera. The cloth top is not everyone's cup of tea...and it wasn't mine until I bought the car...but I've gotten quite a few compliments on it and I've grown to love it.

wastingjake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS Luxury III
    There are a few body modifications out there, side skirts, vouges/white wall tires, spoilers, grills, eBay has various exterior parts 'gold plated' that are pretty cool. As far as interior options you could get curtains in the back or front and back (Garson/Junction produce/& a few others make them), I've seen 'gold plated' door lock (pulls on eBay), embroidered &/or more plush floor mats are some of the options I've seen. This is why I made the 'DTS Modification Picture Thread' so we could get some ideas from people who might have modified/upgraded their DTS in some way.

Thanks TopherS, Wastingjake:

- I have ordered the: 'DTS Chrome Pillar Posts' from Ebay. I have seen those on a few DTS's and they look really good.
    - I used to love the standing hood ornaments on my older Mercedes/Cadillac's back when they had the classic soft floating rides (I enjoyed seeing them move up and down with the road) ... it gave a sense of poise and luxury to the vehicle. Though now since they are out of fashion, I have to think about it. Does anyone have a picture of it installed? I like the ones on DTS 03-05 better (since they have a colored cadillac emblem mixed with gold) than the one for DTS 06-11 (it is a simple gold)
    - I would love to have a vertical LED running lights right next to the HID headlamps (as in 13-14 XTS ... to my inaccurate eyes they do look same shape). Maybe there is a way to at least retrofit the lower fog lights with some LED stripes? Now that would look really nice.

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS
    A couple users on here put the old, colored hood ornaments on their newer DTS's and said it went on easily and posted pics. I have attached a pic of one of them.
    Attached Images

This (adding a hood ornament) is an idea I have considered since buying my DTS ... all of my other cars have had hood ornaments ... but I'm not so sure about the double-emblems on the DTS. I'd like to change out the grille to one that doesn't have an emblem on it already. What I'd love to have is a standard-style grille (in the pic above), but without an emblem. I've never seen one made. The factory grille has the backing platform for the emblem molded into the grille. I think I've seen one aftermarket grille that did not have an emblem, but it was a design that did not seem to "fit" with the overall design of the car. Aside from that grille, all other aftermarket grilles I've seen have the emblem. I would want it to look as thought it were factory. Has anyone found a grille without an emblem?

I love this picture with hood emblem. Is this flexible? I mean if pressed/pushed does it lay down flat so as not to break....
    Quote Originally Posted by RubirosaGGatsby View Post
    A couple users on here put the old, colored hood ornaments on their newer DTS's and said it went on easily and posted pics. I have attached a pic of one of them.

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

I know it's not a mod like you guys are talking about but I thought this license frame was fun on a Black DTS..
    photo1.JPG

I've never seen a factory-styled grill without the emblem platform. There are a handful of emblem-less aftermarket alternatives. E&G has a mesh and a pillar grill that don't have emblems. There are also some generic mesh grills on eBay--they even offer a matching mesh grill for the lower bumper grill. I've also seen one person with a lower bumper grill made in the pillar style but I'm not sure where he got it--may have been custom made.

Maybe its me (and you must have some reason), but why would you do away with that super gorgeous Cadillac emblem. I think hood emblem would be nice to have, but I wouldn't put it at the expense of the grill emblem That said, I'v not seen the OEM looking grille without the emblem placeholder either. I do am curious though how the "all chrome" grille looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by TopherS View Post
    This (adding a hood ornament) is an idea I have considered since buying my DTS ... all of my other cars have had hood ornaments ... but I'm not so sure about the double-emblems on the DTS. I'd like to change out the grille to one that doesn't have an emblem on it already. What I'd love to have is a standard-style grille (in the pic above), but without an emblem. I've never seen one made. The factory grille has the backing platform for the emblem molded into the grille. I think I've seen one aftermarket grille that did not have an emblem, but it was a design that did not seem to "fit" with the overall design of the car. Aside from that grille, all other aftermarket grilles I've seen have the emblem. I would want it to look as thought it were factory. Has anyone found a grille without an emblem?

Quote Originally Posted by DTS2008 View Post
    Maybe its me (and you must have some reason), but why would you do away with that super gorgeous Cadillac emblem. I think hood emblem would be nice to have, but I wouldn't put it at the expense of the grill emblem That said, I'v not seen the OEM looking grille without the emblem placeholder either. I do am curious though how the "all chrome" grille looks like?
    I don't hate the grille emblem ... I just don't really like the look of having both.

Most of my past cars had hood ornaments ... and to a few of them that didn't, but I thought they could/should have (1994 Olds Ciera, 1996 Buick Regal coupe), I added them. A few of my past cars did not and should not have had hood ornaments (1994 Mercury Sable, 1994 Ford Thunderbird) and I never considered adding one. One of my past cars (1986 Caprice Classic) had only a header-panel emblem, whereas the 1977-1985 and the 1987-1996 models had a stand-up hood ornament. I did not consider adding a hood ornament to that car because I thought that having both a header-panel emblem and hood ornament just wouldn't look right. Same thing to me with the DTS. It's one or the other for me.

In the end, aftermarket grilles for the DTS are expensive ... and I've not found one that, IMHO, fits well with the style of the car. Therefore, for now, anyhow ... I'll likely leave my car as-is.

Oh, and BTW, I do believe that it is a spring-loaded ornament. I've seen both the colorful and all-metal ornaments on eBay ... in both chrome and gold.

Guys take a look at this... this is an older model cad, the LED strip fog lamps have totally remade the vehicle elegantly (without that cheap boy racer looks) ... I think on 06-11 DTS it will look even more professional!!!

Gomaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DTS2008 View Post
    I do am curious though how the "all chrome" grille looks like?
    Search for the DTS Platinum Edition ... it has the all-chrome grille. Very classy.

A guy down here has put LED fog lights on his DTS (among other modifications) and it looks pretty good.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Simplest way to get to stick-on Nirvana is to just buy a ricer - you don't need to change a Cadillac into one..................

For lots of real Cadillac emblems and add-ons, surf through the 50 pages of the eBay online store for BiggDaddyCaddy - Google it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.