06 DTS hard to start when stone cold - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 06 DTS hard to start when stone cold in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; WOW! Fuel pressure increased on these models. I wonder how (if) that's gonna affect fuel pump longevity....
    Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 06 DTS hard to start when stone cold

WOW! Fuel pressure increased on these models. I wonder how (if) that's gonna affect fuel pump longevity.

Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

I'd check your battery's condition before anything else.

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

If the problem is that it cranks too long I doubt the battery is the issue.

Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

The increased draw of amps to the starter might not leave enough juice to fire the plugs the way they need to in order to ignite the fuel.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Temps below zero will do all sorts of things to a car/engine I would change the oil a lighter dino or a synthetic if you like also do a starter draw check very easy you might be able to get a parts store to do it or buy the tester at harbor freight. Mike

Genn15 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Thanks for the help guys after cleaning the tb and checking pressure which they said was correct I haven't had any issues, and blocking the throttle plate open saved me a lot of time thank god haha. I'm not sure if I'll still have the issue when it gets really cold or not it hasn't dropped below -5 since but fingers crossed I won't have any trouble!
    Tom's Caddy likes this.

LittleNo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Even a returnless Fuel Supply System can have issues with the Fuel Pressure or Air in the Fuel Rails. This can be caused by one or more injectors not fully closing (in normal operating Situations you won't have any Problems due to this, but when the car sits long enough you have air in the Fuel Rail which must be bleeded before the engine gets fuel). If or when a bad injector is not fully closing can depend on the position in which the engine stopped before. That explains why you have the problem one day and the other not. What I personally have seen on some Northstars is that the issue mostly appears when you start the car at a much lower temp as you parked it. So it's not the cold itself, when you park at freezing and start again at the same temp, everything is fine. But when you have a larger temp drop over the night, the Problem is there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.