interior temp sensor making noise. How to fix?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, interior temp sensor making noise. How to fix? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi. I I just bought a 2006 DTS this weekend. There is a clicking noise coming from the little tiny ...
    91 zeee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville

interior temp sensor making noise. How to fix?

Hi. I I just bought a 2006 DTS this weekend. There is a clicking noise coming from the little tiny grille on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I read on the STS forum that this is a interior temp sensor and there is a fan in there that can start to go bad and make noise. Is it the same on our DTS? If so, does anyone have a copy of the service manual procedure for replacing it? The noise is driving me crazy! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: interior temp sensor making noise. How to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by 91 zeee View Post
    Hi. I I just bought a 2006 DTS this weekend. There is a clicking noise coming from the little tiny grille on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I read on the STS forum that this is a interior temp sensor and there is a fan in there that can start to go bad and make noise. Is it the same on our DTS? If so, does anyone have a copy of the service manual procedure for replacing it? The noise is driving me crazy! Thanks!
    It is called the ASPIRATOR fan... just in case you may need to order one.
    Sometimes it is just dust and lint buildup on the fan.
    It may just need cleaning...

ok. thanks. one more question...how to i get to it and get it out on a dts? I read something about popping it out with a paper clip but then I also read that the fan is not right at the grille??

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I am not sure... I have never had to take mine out... YET...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

If it's anything like the earlier Deville and Seville aspirator modules, you yank off the dash end - the one with the window heat duct - and work in there. A hex head screw (magnetic tools and mechanics fingers). Fish out the wiring connector and then the small aspirator module.

Either remove the sticker on the muffin fan hub and use 2 drops of multigrade synthetic on the bearing end, replace sticker or new seal, assemble. OR, a new module is about $40. Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>>

Be careful with that grille when you blow out the tunnel with computer "canned air". Just inside the tunnel is a tiny thermistor bead - the "sensor" that feeds the module. The muffin fan simply moves air.

Cadillacman916 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07dts perf. 04 dts,06 dts limo,11 dts, 13 escalade, 13 xts

Try shooting some compressed air in there.. I do it to all mine about once a month anyway to get the dust outta all the cracks inside the car. Works great

I ordered a new one today. Once I get it installed I'll try to keep it cleaned up. thanks!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Keeping the dust at bay is one thing - dried lubricant in the muffin fan sleeve bearing is another. Same as a noisy PC or laptop cooling fan. Oil it.

Some models are prone to screech like a shot cat in cold temperatures, yet be quiet all summer.

good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Keeping the dust at bay is one thing - dried lubricant in the muffin fan sleeve bearing is another. Same as a noisy PC or laptop cooling fan. Oil it.

Some models are prone to screech like a shot cat in cold temperatures, yet be quiet all summer.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacman916 View Post
    Try shooting some compressed air in there.. I do it to all mine about once a month anyway to get the dust outta all the cracks inside the car. Works great
    Does it get that windy & dusty so frequently in your nook of the woods that you have to use compressed air once a month?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.