First Time Cadillac potential owner. DTS question...2006 DTS Lux III
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, First Time Cadillac potential owner. DTS question...2006 DTS Lux III in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Have a question for the loyalists and since this is a great group of people I thought I would post ...
    DTSChicago is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Lux III

First Time Cadillac potential owner. DTS question...2006 DTS Lux III

Have a question for the loyalists and since this is a great group of people I thought I would post it here.

I have a relative who is offering to sell me a 2006 DTS Lux III with Nav (bench seat) and every available option with the exception of sunroof. The car only has 21,000 miles. I am going to take it to my local dealer for an inspection but my concern rests in the price. They want 14k for it and will not budge on pricing. With the low miles and options, I can understand holding out for a high number but I wanted to run it past some of the experts here and see if that is a deal worth going for. I originally did not think the car was worth north of 12k but the extremely low miles has me second guessing myself. If the car passes an inspection, should I go for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

Re: First Time Cadillac potential owner. DTS question...2006 DTS Lux III

Seems a little on the High end. KBB private party is Excellent - $13,700 Very Good - $13,350 Good - $13,100. Nada Guide shows a trade in of $12,400 and a Dealer retail of $15,150. Others wil chime in I'm sure but it seems a bit on the high side.

Kent7100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Despite being 8 years old, that car was well over 50k new, and at 21,000 miles isn't even broken in. Added bonus, you know it's ownership history. You should also know that a Lux III with bench is pretty rare. Seems reasonable to me if you are looking for a loaded DTS that you shouldn't need to put $$$ into. To be sure you can buy a DTS cheaper, but you'd end up giving up the low miles and Luxury III package.

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

I agree; at 21,000 I think the price is ok. Did he have it dealer serviced? Would he let you take it to a Cadillac dealer to have them look? It's a drag to have a LUX III w/o a moonroof but I still think it's on the verge of a good deal. To me it would depend on what my dealer thought of it (not about the price, but about the condition).

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

If it's a one owner car with only 21,000 miles and it was properly serviced... I would be willing to pay a little extra for it.
    Assuming it passes inspection....

DTSChicago is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Lux III

Going to take it to my local dealer tomorrow for a full inspection. It was only serviced at the dealer so I will also have them pull up the complete history. Its a Florida car also that was shipped up to Chicago. If it passes inspection and needs nothing, than I think I will put some tint on those windows and go for it. (Of course, try to get it for 13k first which was my number all along) The DTS market in Chicago is very dry right now. Finding a 2006-2009 with Navi is extremely difficult right now. Plus, all the miles are around 50k+

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Try finding one with both Navagation and Adaptive Cruise Control. Darn near impossible.

trispeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I'd but it in a heartbeat. I bought my 2006 last year with 75k mi. for 15k and very happy about it! On another note, it's funny how people still refer to it as a 'bench' seat. The seats are exactly the same in all DTS's; some have a center console and shifter there. Others have a column shift and the padded, two level console that can in an emergency seat someone, but it's horribly uncomfortable. The seats are all the same, however.

wastingjake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS Luxury III

I would have jumped all over it (depending on the intreior/exterior color)! In my area it took me multiple months to find a Lux III

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello DTSChicago,

Do you have any updates on the inspection you had at the Cadillac dealership recently? Did you end up purchasing the vehicle?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

reelglory is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I paid approximately $14k for my Lux III in August. 6 passenger (bench), nav and moonroof with 49k miles. I would do it again. Had to wait awhile and drive two states over for it though. If its what you want it's worth it.

DTS2008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Keeping in mind that DTS being no longer produced, it is (and will continue) garner prices a lot higher than the book values, 14k for a 06 with low miles seems a great deal.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I would pay the asking price especially when, 1) it's a Florida car, 2) it's a 2006 DTS Lux III with Nav, and 3) it's a low mileage vehicle. As mentioned above, if the KBB value is between $13,350 (very good condition) and $13,700 (excellent condition) then 14k is not a bad price. If you & your better half like it and it passes the detailed inspection with flying colors then you should not hesitate to pay the asking price.

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

I say just pretend they were asking $15k for it and you got em to knock a grand off it and call it a win ;-)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.