Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just bought 2006 DTS yesterday

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Gomaz 
#1 ·
I live in Virginia. Found a blue 2006 DTS on the internet and flew to Florida and drove it back this weekend.

The 2006 DTS is awesome!! The almost 1000 mile drive back felt like 100 miles. The car was comfortable, handled well, cruised easy, and got an average of 25.7 MPG!

Just thought I'd let everyone know I've had it for a day and I love it.

(I had (still have) a 02 Deville and I will say I think the 02 is quieter and rides nicer, but the 06 is a better all around car and handles better

#6 ·
thanks! I expect I will get to be more active on here now. Its funny, reading posts on these forums it looks like they have a lot of problems. Yet some seem to never have a problem. Luck of the draw I suppose. The only thing I know is an issue is a oil leak. In past service history the oil pan bolts have been tightened twice. Looks like all work has been done at the GM dealer, so thats good. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

#7 ·
thanks! I expect I will get to be more active on here now.
Its funny, reading posts on these forums it looks like they have a lot of problems.
Yet some seem to never have a problem. Luck of the draw I suppose. The only thing I know is an issue is a oil leak. In past service history the oil pan bolts have been tightened twice. Looks like all work has been done at the GM dealer, so thats good. I'll keep you posted on how things go.
Remember when reading about the problems... no one posts about how long they drive or how much they drive with NO PROBLEMS... :)

#17 ·
Thanks! and good to see that a manufaturer's rep is on here!

----------

Good point. It's Blue Chip and has 72,000 miles on it. Floor shift. It has the Luxury II package and a sunroof. It appears to have always been maintained at the dealer.

Congrats & welcome to the DTS Forum.

You didn't provide additional details like, the odometer readings, column shift, floor shift, etc. So, what blue color is your Caddy; i,e., Blue Chip or Blue Ice?

#14 ·
Congrats 91 zeee. I love my 06 DTS as well. Nothing rides like a big Caddy down the road. The float like a Pontoon Boat sailing across a smooth wake free lake. I have owned a Mercedes SEL, Audi A8L and a BMW 7 Series and none of them have that smooth as silk ride like my Caddy. A bonus too with the Caddy is that I don't have to take a second mortgage out on my house to maintain and repair it like those German cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.