No heat passenger side, 2006 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, No heat passenger side, 2006 dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi everyone! I'm having issues now that it's cold with the DTS I recently bought, I have lots of heat ...
    Genn15 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

No heat passenger side, 2006 dts

Hi everyone!
    I'm having issues now that it's cold with the DTS I recently bought, I have lots of heat on the driver side, mediocre heat in the rear zone, and it's ice cold on the passenger side. Anyone know what controls this would rather buy part from rock auto and do it myself than pay a fortune at local GM Pontiac dealer for guesswork (they are known for making shots in the dark, installing parts first asking questions later) I wish we had a real cadillac dealership I would say a precious few a year come through this place by my past experiences!

Thanks for any help guys, greatly appriciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Re: No heat passenger side, 2006 dts

I had a similar problem with a 2001 Park Avenue ... lots of heat on the driver side and A/C on the passenger side (this situation occurred in summer, when I didn't want heat at all).

I don't know if the HVAC setup is the same with the DTS (my Park Ave only had a 2-zone HVAC system...not a 3-zone system). On my Park Ave, the HVAC system had 2 sensors in the air ducts, one going to each side. The sensors tell the head unit (in the dash) the temperature of the air going through the duct to its respective side ... and if necessary, it will tell the head unit to adjust the amount of heat/cold to send to that side to achieve the desired temp. My driver side sensor was faulty, creating a situation where the faulty sensor was "calling for" heated air on the driver side, so the head unit obliged and sent heated air to the driver side. The sensor was accessible from up under the dash (pretty easy to locate). It was replaced and all was well.

I don't know if the DTS 3-zone HVAC system has the rear air ducts somewhat tied into the passenger side ... or if it is a split between the driver and passenger side. It may be that the passenger side failing is creating an inadequate heat situation in the rear zone.

Hope this helps.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

There are actuators that control temperature for each zone. There is one for the right side up under the dash, they are a common failure and when they default they stick in one position or another.
    It is likely a bad temperature actuator.

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

What ewill3rd said....

Awsome thanks, so it's accessed from underneath dash? Or behind glovebox?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

The passenger side actuator I believe can be accessed by removing the glove box and some trim. It has been a while.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a topic related to replacement.

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

ewill3rd

Seeing it says you’re a Cadillac technician but your profile says you’re a SERVICE ADVISOR/DISPATCHER.
    You have access to SI. The least you can do is look up in SI and send him the repair instructions and pictures
    on how to replace the Temperature Valve Actuator Right Side. It’s going to be more difficult job then you said.

That would awsome if possible

satlite440 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): tec at brotherton cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by danog View Post
    ewill3rd

Seeing it says you’re a Cadillac technician but your profile says you’re a SERVICE ADVISOR/DISPATCHER.
    You have access to SI. The least you can do is look up in SI and send him the repair instructions and pictures
    on how to replace the Temperature Valve Actuator Right Side. It’s going to be more difficult job then you said.

why is it the least he could do?????danog?????idk what you do for a living but do you give out free info to fourms related to your line of work????he already gave him the most common thing we see with dts hvac temp issues saving him at least an hour of shop diag timefrom a proficent shop and possably an unknown amount at a unskilled shop....isn't that enough???????i.m a caddy tech as well.. not to mention s.i. is copyrighted and all info is the property of gm and we are not authorized to release it.. and they moniter the i.p acess points...would you be willing to risk you job/income/and being taken to court and sued to help a stranger on a car fourm???????? the least youcould do sounded very entitaled and condecending..

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey satkite440, I agree with you that the Caddy Tech cannot copy & paste the entire instructions and pictures from the copyrighted SI. He still can give Genn15 some guidance without divulging into details provided in the SI.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.