Battery access on 08 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lew Shaw
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Battery access on 08 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi! I sold my 99 DeVille in 2010 and after a brief affair with a BMW Z4, I just bought ...
    Lew Shaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS Luxury II Biarritz

Question Battery access on 08 DTS

Hi! I sold my 99 DeVille in 2010 and after a brief affair with a BMW Z4, I just bought an 08 Biarritz with 24k miles...beautiful car!

Anyhow, my question is that since the battery is located under the rear seat, is there any provision for attaching a battery tender or jumper cables in an easier location? On the BMW (battery in trunk), there were posts under the hood.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Lew Shaw

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Battery access on 08 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Shaw View Post
    Hi! I sold my 99 DeVille in 2010 and after a brief affair with a BMW Z4, I just bought an 08 Biarritz with 24k miles...beautiful car!

Anyhow, my question is that since the battery is located under the rear seat, is there any provision for attaching a battery tender or jumper cables in an easier location? On the BMW (battery in trunk), there were posts under the hood.

Lew Shaw
    There are connection points for a jump start under the hood.
    I would assume they would also work for a battery tender.
    Look on the passengers side, halfway between the firewall and the front of the car ... they are marked.
    One of them has a RED RUBBER COVER over it.

Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

It is on page 5-40 of the owners manual. If you don't have the manual, you can Google 2008 Cadillac DTS owner's manual and find it as a PDF file.

Kenwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Premium Platinum

Lew Shaw
    Hello Lew,
    Congrats on the 08 Biarrtitz. Is that a roof and trim package on the DTS? Please share some pictures when you get a chance.

The other guys covered the jumper cables, but for a battery tender, I would recommend getting the Deltran Battery Tender and then order their Battery Tender Cigarette Lighter Adapter.

http://batterytender.com/cigarette-lighter-adaptor.html

Stick with the brand name and avoid any generic no-name versions from China.

Good luck!

It's a clean and easy way to keep the battery charged without having alligator clips under your hood (or seat) and the Deltran Battery Tender knows when to charge and when to "float".

Thanks, Superjim, right where you said they would be. Yes, Eddie39, I have the manual but I haven't read it cover to cover yet since I have only had the car about 24 hours. Yes, Kenwood, it has a half vinyl roof and gold trim. I plan on taking photos this weekend. I have several battery tenders, both Deltran and Schumacher but I do not have the lighter adapter.

Kenwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Premium Platinum

Thanks, Superjim, right where you said they would be. Yes, Eddie39, I have the manual but I haven't read it cover to cover yet since I have only had the car about 24 hours. Yes, Kenwood, it has a half vinyl roof and gold trim. I plan on taking photos this weekend. I have several battery tenders, both Deltran and Schumacher but I do not have the lighter adapter.
    Sounds like a sharp ride. I'd love to see it. I also loved the previous generation DeVilles. Just curious, how did you like yours? Why did you sell it?

I got the cigarette lighter adaptor almost immediately after getting the Deltran. It makes it super easy to keep the car charged up and you can switch from car to car without any hassles. If you need one right away, several places carry them. I've seen them at Battery Plus stores, Sears and Farm and Fleet.

Kenwood

Actually, I didn't sell it, I gave it to my Grandson for transportation while he attends college. I thought I wanted a sports car, so I bought a BMW Z4. They are very fast and handle like a slot car but you feel every slight defect in the road and they are impossible to enter and exit! After a year and a half of this, I decided to get back into a Cadillac. When I found this 08 with only 24,000 miles that looked, smelled and drove like brand new, I grabbed it!
    Kenwood and Tom's Caddy like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.