Seat heat on auto start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Seat heat on auto start in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; When I got my DTS it always turned the heated seats on when I used autostart if it was cold ...
    Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Seat heat on auto start

When I got my DTS it always turned the heated seats on when I used autostart if it was cold outside. ow for some reason it does not turn the heated seats on when I autostart even though it is below freezing. is there a reason for this or is there a setting in the DIC that I can make looked and didn't find it but I assume there is something I am doing wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Seat heat on auto start

Do both seats heat when you push the HEAT button ??

Mine come on when using remote start if it is 40 f of lower...

Yes, both seats work fine if turned on manually.

Kenwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Premium Platinum

Use the auto start and then look at the seat heater buttons on the door when you first get in (but don't insert the key yet) Are the little lights on? If so, get in and turn the key so that you can drive away. Do those little lights go off now? That's how mine work. They'll go on with auto start, but when I put the key in to turn it and drive away, the heaters go off, so I have to manually turn them back on.

Kenwood

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (60K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

^ That's how mine work, as well.

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

^^Mine too on my 07

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

me too me too

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

mine also, before I left for Fla.

The problem has gone away. It now performs as it should, as described above. I have no idea why it wasn't activating for a time. After the holidays I think I'll take advantage of the heated shop at work and investigate the seat heat connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Atavar
    The problem has gone away. It now performs as it should, as described above. I have no idea why it wasn't activating for a time. After the holidays I think I'll take advantage of the heated shop at work and investigate the seat heat connectors.
    What was the outside temp when it wasn't working and when it was? I find that when it's warmer out it won't kick on even though I think it should lol. The other day it was 47 out and I remote started and the seats stayed off. Later on that night it got down to 39 (I think that's what the car said) and the seats came on. I believe I read somewhere that they are programmed only to come on at certain temps. Just a thought id share and a personal experience. Only had the car less than a month and it's been pretty cold out so it was the first time I saw that on a warmer Day. Cheers! :-)

Justin

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell
    What was the outside temp when it wasn't working and when it was? I find that when it's warmer out it won't kick on even though I think it should lol. The other day it was 47 out and I remote started and the seats stayed off. Later on that night it got down to 39 (I think that's what the car said) and the seats came on. I believe I read somewhere that they are programmed only to come on at certain temps. Just a thought id share and a personal experience. Only had the car less than a month and it's been pretty cold out so it was the first time I saw that on a warmer Day. Cheers! :-) Justin
    Oh I just remembered you said it was below freezing and they didn't work. Hmmm. Did the cars outside temp say it was that low? Maybe if the car thinks it's warmer out it won't work even though we know it's below freezing?

If the CAR thinks it is 40 or LESS... the seats should come on using remote start.
    If the CAR thinks it is 41 or MORE... the seats will NOT come on using remote start.
    jsorrell likes this.

That explains it :-) Any idea on the cooled seats? What temps the come on at?

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (60K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell View Post
    That explains it :-) Any idea on the cooled seats? What temps the come on at?
    They don't. I went through Phoenix this summer to visit family...was 115*F. I used remote-start all the time to cool the car as I walked toward it. The cooled seats never came on with remote-start.

Quote Originally Posted by TopherS View Post
    They don't. I went through Phoenix this summer to visit family...was 115*F. I used remote-start all the time to cool the car as I walked toward it. The cooled seats never came on with remote-start.
    I have had 2 2006 DTS Performance Sedans...
    The 1st one burned in my garage fire in Nov of 2006.
    "IT" would turn on the AC Seats if the temp was above about 85/90.
    The one I have now, does not do that and I have never seen another one that would do it.
    I bought the one I have now in Dec of 2006.
    When the weather got warmer, I took it to 2 different dealers, trying to get them to "FIX" it.
    They all kept telling me that none of them did that, but I put 40,000 miles on 1st that car in a little over a year that I owned it, and I know it did.
    Maybe something was MIS-PROGRAMMED, but it would turn on the cooled seats.
    I have never seen another one that would turn them on.

I sure wish they would do that... It would be nice here in Texas when it's 110 in the shade and there ain't no shade...

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell View Post
    What was the outside temp when it wasn't working and when it was?
    \I find that when it's warmer out it won't kick on even though I think it should lol. The other day it was 47 out and I remote started and the seats stayed off. Later on that night it got down to 39 (I think that's what the car said) and the seats came on. I believe I read somewhere that they are programmed only to come on at certain temps. Just a thought id share and a personal experience. Only had the car less than a month and it's been pretty cold out so it was the first time I saw that on a warmer Day. Cheers! :-)

Justin

----------

Oh I just remembered you said it was below freezing and they didn't work. Hmmm. Did the cars outside temp say it was that low? Maybe if the car thinks it's warmer out it won't work even though we know it's below freezing?
    It was below zero by the dash thermometer when it was not actuating the heated seats. Now they are working and temps are about +10 to +15 above farenheidt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.