Windshield Washer Fluid No Go :-/
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Superjim
  • 1 Post By Kenwood
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Windshield Washer Fluid No Go :-/ in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So tonight I went to wash my windshield and... nothing... Wipers go but no fluid. Gotta it off when I ...
    jsorrell is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

Windshield Washer Fluid No Go :-/

So tonight I went to wash my windshield and... nothing... Wipers go but no fluid. Gotta it off when I get home tonight and see if its just low (but I thought the car had a warning for low washer fluid in the DIC?) If not, I dunno where to start looking. It has an apt on Fri at the dealer to get it looked over and I could have them look at it then too but I dunno if I dare drive it far with winter starting if I can't hit the washer button grrr.

----------

I just got home and checked the fluid level. Couldn't really tell how much was in there so I filled it up. Didn't take much to fill it and I tried running the washer fluid and... nothing. I did note that i don't hear the pump whirring at all either and there doesn't appear to be any fluid leaking out of the bottom as if a hose snapped off would do. I guess this is gonna be another thing I'll have to have addressed with the other issues I'm having. Good thing NYS has a 60 day used car warranty, I hope they cover everything. I just hate the idea of a Ford tech monkeying around with my car, I wish I could take it to my GM dealer lol oh well

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jacklogan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS

Re: Windshield Washer Fluid No Go :-/

Could it be the line is frozen already because the mixture is wrong ????

Put it in the garage, turn on the heat and then see what happens.

jack

She sat in the garage all night and it's in the high 40s today so I put her in the sun. Gonna try it in a lil bit and see :-)

Kenwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Premium Platinum

I had that happen to me on another vehicle and I discovered that the rubber hose was kinked. Same symptoms too. I guess the pressure from the fluid jammed from the kink back to the motor made it so that the motor wouldn't turn or make any noise.

Also, whenever there's something electrical, always check your fuses.

Good luck and be sure to report back.

Kenwood

I let it sit outside in the sun in 45* weather today and they still don't work :-( I looked under the hood again thinking what Kenwood said but its way over my head. I'll see what they say when I take it in for its exam on Friday. Does anyone know exactly where the pump is and if its hard to change? I looked at the NYS used car warranty and I don't think its covered through that nor is it covered through my Ford ESP Extracare. The Wiper motors are, but that's about it for wiper related stuff on there.

Checked the Fuses tonight and F12 under the hood looks fine :-/ Looks like it'll have to get looked at at the dealer :-(

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

pump is below in the bottle behind the right fender can gain entry to it through the inside fender cover

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDYCADDY07
    pump is below in the bottle behind the right fender can gain entry to it through the inside fender cover
    Well don't I feel like a moron. For some reason I had it in my head that to turn on the washer you had to turn the wiper adjuster down. By doing that I was getting the single swipe and thought my washer fluid wasn't working... Yeah I know what you are thinking lol. Amazingly when I pushed the tab forward like ur supposed to for washer fluid it magically worked. I felt sooo dumb. I must have used a car that worked that way or something because I have no clue why I was trying to do it that way? Lol so anyhow my washer fluid works great!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell
    Well don't I feel like a moron. For some reason I had it in my head that to turn on the washer you had to turn the wiper adjuster down. By doing that I was getting the single swipe and thought my washer fluid wasn't working... Yeah I know what you are thinking lol. Amazingly when I pushed the tab forward like ur supposed to for washer fluid it magically worked. I felt sooo dumb. I must have used a car that worked that way or something because I have no clue why I was trying to do it that way? Lol so anyhow my washer fluid works great!
    I'm just gonna blame my stupidity on years of driving ford and Lincoln's for years. But I still don't get where I thought that's how I activated the washer fluid because ford and lincoln have a different way too :-p

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Performance Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell View Post
    Well don't I feel like a moron. For some reason I had it in my head that to turn on the washer you had to turn the wiper adjuster down. By doing that I was getting the single swipe and thought my washer fluid wasn't working... Yeah I know what you are thinking lol. Amazingly when I pushed the tab forward like ur supposed to for washer fluid it magically worked. I felt sooo dumb. I must have used a car that worked that way or something because I have no clue why I was trying to do it that way? Lol so anyhow my washer fluid works great.
    I'm just gonna blame my stupidity on years of driving ford and Lincoln's for years. But I still don't get where I thought that's how I activated the washer fluid because ford and lincoln have a different way too :-p
    The Lincolns and Fords rotted your brain... it will take a little while, driving a Cadillac, for it to get back to normal...
    jsorrell and Tom's Caddy like this.

Kenwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Premium Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by jsorrell View Post

----------

Thanks for following up. Glad it was just user error rather than an actual problem. Don't feel bad. Between my wife's car, my Caddy and my 4X4, I'm always fumbling to work the wipers and I'm guaranteed to inadvertently flash my bright lights at someone 50% of the time.

Now, go fix yourself some hot cocoa, sit by the fire and read a great book by GM called "The DTS Owner's Manual"

Have a luxurious day,

Kenwood
    Tom's Caddy likes this.

:-) thanks for the upbeat post :-) Oh and I figured out today where that motion I was trying came from My Fiance has a 2010 Ford Escape. In order to wash the rear window you have to do the exact same thing I was trying to do on the caddy. Must be where I got that from lol. Happy holidays all! :-)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.