radio/nav packed it in
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cadillacman916
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
  • 1 Post By Koooop
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, radio/nav packed it in in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have an 07 dts with 67,000 miles, the radio/nav quite working so i took it to the dealer today ...
    jackd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05srx n*07 dts

radio/nav packed it in

I have an 07 dts with 67,000 miles, the radio/nav quite working so i took it to the dealer today & after
    their diagnostics came to the conclusion that it needs to be replaced, needless to say that I am not too happy
    with this result, I feel that a radio in a vehicle of this caliber should last much longer than this. The service advisor
    said that in all his years he has only seen one other radio problem like this in a Cadillac. I know that I'm ranting and
    do not expect any help, just want to get it off my chest.

They want $2080.40 installed for an exchange unit, sorry for rambling but I'm really pissed off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Re: radio/nav packed it in

You could always get a Garmin portable for way under 200 dollars, with many more features then the GM built in. I have both.

Or check out a junk yard?

Cadillacman916 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07dts perf. 04 dts,06 dts limo,11 dts, 13 escalade, 13 xts

a good stero shop can set you up with a wayyy better system then the stock system for half the price. Id suggest taking that route
    Caddilack likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post
    I have an 07 dts with 67,000 miles, the radio/nav quite working so i took it to the dealer today & after
    their diagnostics came to the conclusion that it needs to be replaced, needless to say that I am not too happy
    with this result, I feel that a radio in a vehicle of this caliber should last much longer than this. The service advisor
    said that in all his years he has only seen one other radio problem like this in a Cadillac. I know that I'm ranting and
    do not expect any help, just want to get it off my chest.

They want $2080.40 installed for an exchange unit, sorry for rambling but I'm really pissed off.
    Hello jackd,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this out of pocket expense with your radio and nav system. I cannot guarantee any assistance would be available, but I would definitely like to look into this situation for you. Could you provide me with your name, VIN, contact info, and dealership that you have been working with in a private message so I can look into this for you? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    jackd likes this.

Caddilack is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree with Cadillacman916. For that money, you could get something a whole lot better. I have an 09 DTS and thought the stock radio was terrible for a luxury vehicle. When looking at the OEM radio/nav system, which is what you have, I saw them for almost $1000. Radio and nav for $1000 plus install? haha

I am actually going to swap mine out and I am leaning towards the Parrot ASTEROID Smart. $450 bucks, android based and you can get custom roms. Blue tooth capable, plays videos, 3 usb ports, internet capabilities, syncs to android or iphone to play the phone's playlist and that is just scratching the surface. I checked online and it does say it will fit your vehicle. I would of course do your due diligence. I am still researching because I would install it myself and I would also add a backup camera, which can be integrated into the screen when put in reverse, so I have a feeling it is going to be a weekend passion project when times frees up.

But the fact remains that in terms of stereo systems, Cadillac does not justify its prices for their minimal features in my humble opinion.

Demo for Parrot ASTEROID Smart

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

E/BAY $562.95

07 CADILLAC DTS RADIO DECK AM/FM NAV

6 MONTH WARRANTY FREE SHIPPING

You can install it yourself in 15 min.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-CADILLAC-...0b5f84&vxp=mtr

Not sure how to send you a private message Gregory.tried but didn't work.

Asguard726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Platinum
    Jackd, I don't know how rare this problem is. My '09 had its Nav go bad and the unit had to be replaced. I was still under
    50,000 miles so it was covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. I think Texas Jim May have had his replaced too.
    I agree with you. A car in this price range should have a radio/Nav system that can last more than a couple years and not
    cost thousands to replace. A nice iPad will set you back around $600 and can last a long, long time even when dropped
    down the back stairs...not that I've ever done that...so anyway we know the tech is out there GM!
    Dan

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    Mine was replaced once and serviced several times in my 05 CTS-V. Thankfully warranty covered it. I always thought of that system as a ticking time bomb.
    Caddilack likes this.

Thank you all for your ideas, very much appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.