Parking assist sensor pushed inside bumper
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Parking assist sensor pushed inside bumper in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Rear bumper - any idea how to fix this without taking the rear bumper off? ForumRunner_20131014_171439.png...
    TerrBear is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS

Parking assist sensor pushed inside bumper

Rear bumper - any idea how to fix this without taking the rear bumper off?

ForumRunner_20131014_171439.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Update - I can actually reach my hand up behind the bumper and put the sensor back into the hole. It won't stay though. Any ideas what was previously holding it in place?

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Re: Parking assist sensor pushed inside bumper

Look at one of the other ones. I believe there is a silicone sleeve/bezel that holds it in. I suspect the dealer will be your best bet to get the right parts. They shouldn't be too expensive, I am thinking a plastic bezel and a silicone rubber sleeve. i could be wrong.

----------

I found a picture of the part.. It looks like there is the outer bezel, the silicone mounting sleeve and a retaining clip that holds the sensor in the bezel.

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

It sounds like the plastic mount that holds the sensor came unglued from the bumper.
    Unplug the sensor; you will need to take off the old glue. Get some quick drying epoxy
    and reglue it back to the bumper. I borrow this stuff from our body shop but itís very
    expensive 3M MMM4247 $60.00 for 200 ml. The 3M super weather-strip adhesive
    # 3M 08008 $ 9.00 works just as well, never had one come back.

If that ends up to be the problem. Itís cheaper than replacing the bumper.

I have some 3M marine epoxy in the garage. I think I will glue it back as one piece since the sensor will align the bracket onto the correct spot on the bumper.

Got around to putting the sensor back into the bumper today. It's not that difficult to access the sensor if you lay on your back. It looks like the plastic welds gave way. I used some 3M marine epoxy and will need to do a little clean up tomorrow once it sets. Hope it holds.

ForumRunner_20131024_185729.png

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

"Got around to putting the sensor back into the bumper today. It's not that difficult to access the sensor if you lay on your back. It looks like the plastic welds gave way. I used some 3M marine epoxy and will need to do a little clean up tomorrow once it sets. Hope it holds."

The picture you posted here does not resemble the picture posted on October 14th. Is this picture taken with bumper skin off?

I crawled under my Caddy & the sensor is located way back behind the solid insulation. I could touch it but I did not want to explore any further.

The picture in the above post is taken from under the car with the wiring still attached to the sensor. I just swung the sensor around so I could see what had held it in place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.